which tome?

Options
Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear
Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
okey im not sure which tome i should get im a pure mage lvl 35.
i was thinking of the (insert name here) it gives 1% exp and +3 mp recovery or maybe (insert name here) since it gives +10 magic. which do you think is better?
Post edited by Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Samsoul - Lost City
    Samsoul - Lost City Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Whichever you're able to get, lol. Personally the more magic you have, the harder you hit and the more mp you have.

I vote +10 mag!
    Samsoul - fail psychic of Lost City!

...I will melt your brain... and decrease your IQ by 150...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oo more people voe b:laughb:laugh
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Firstly, as far as I'm aware:

The +1% EXP and +3 MP regen is a level one tome. The +10 magic one is a level two. This means that the first of the two tomes will be easier for you to get, whereas to get the +10 magic tome you need three level one tomes. Inlcuding the +1% EXP and +3 MP regen tome.

So in that sense, you need the +1% EXP and 3 MP regen in order to get the +10 magic. A little research into tomes helps before you post this kind of question.

Apologies if I'm wrong on that matter.

Second of all 1% EXP isn't much at all and you can find gear with MP regen. You want to go with + magic tomes.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrowElfQueen - Dreamweaver
    DrowElfQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I voted for the +10 mag tome b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ive seen lvl 3 tomes for about 7m and i thought the +10 magic was a lvl 2 tome but i can be wrong ill just world chat it to see what kind of offers i get
  • Samsoul - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Howtheheckdoyouhave7milIbarelyhave1milthankstomystupidlycostlyskills.

Good for you. b:cute

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im a cash shopper all the good skills r up to date i have a nine tails and a flame drill and currently 22m cashb:laughb:chuckleb:chuckle

EDIT: i wan the alms bowl its +45 magic and ive only seen 1 person with it...anyone know how to get it?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Like I said, the +10 magic tome is a level two tome.

The +1% EXP and 3 MP regen tome is a level one tome if I remember correctly.

So, you didn't really research your tomes. If you had you would have realised that

1) the +10 magic tome NEEDS the 1% EXP/3 mp regen tome to make it. If you had realised this, you wouldn't have made this poll. You'd have gone for the 1% EXP/3 MP regen and then eventually made the other two tomes, resulting in the +10 magic tome.

Common sense FTW.

2) if you can buy a level 3 tome, just go buy a +15 magic tome. Seriously.

3) Again, 1% and 3 MP regen sucks as far as a tome is concerned. You can get gear that gives you that for cheap.

Research FTW also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samsoul - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ive seen lvl 3 tomes for about 7m and i thought the +10 magic was a lvl 2 tome but i can be wrong ill just world chat it to see what kind of offers i get

Yeah usually that's not something to be proud of. I only ever charged maybe 10 gold in this game so far. And thats when im rooooollin in the cash.

not often enough tbh.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Like I said, the +10 magic tome is a level two tome.

The +1% EXP and 3 MP regen tome is a level one tome if I remember correctly.

So, you didn't really research your tomes. If you had you would have realised that

1) the +10 magic tome NEEDS the 1% EXP/3 mp regen tome to make it. If you had realised this, you wouldn't have made this poll. You'd have gone for the 1% EXP/3 MP regen and then eventually made the other two tomes, resulting in the +10 magic tome.

Common sense FTW.

2) if you can buy a level 3 tome, just go buy a +15 magic tome. Seriously.

3) Again, 1% and 3 MP regen sucks as far as a tome is concerned. You can get gear that gives you that for cheap.

Research FTW also.

nope ill just buy the +15 magic tome i guess and i just used a tele and got no replies and checked AH and only seem some vit tomes and str tomes and a 3%exp +9mp recovery tome and thats all
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nope ill just buy the +15 magic tome i guess and i just used a tele and got no replies and checked AH and only seem some vit tomes and str tomes and a 3%exp +9mp recovery tome and thats all

/facepalm

Why did you even bother making this thread if you now decide you're just going to buy a level three +15 magic tome?

Talk about fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    /facepalm

Why did you even bother making this thread if you now decide you're just going to buy a level three +15 magic tome?

Talk about fail.

wanted everyone's opinion on it and i still want to know about the +45magic tome and no one is selling the +15 magic tome so maybe i will have to get the +10 magic tome seeing as the majiorty says +10magic tome over 1%exp +3mp recovery
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wanted everyone's opinion on it and i still want to know about the +45magic tome and no one is selling the +15 magic tome so maybe i will have to get the +10 magic tome seeing as the majiorty says +10magic tome over 1%exp +3mp recovery

I hate to sound condescending here, I really do, but

Do you seriously even need to think about +10 magic against +1% EXP and +3 MP recovery? I mean, really?

You can get blue one star gear for 15k that is better than a +1% EXP and 3 MP regen tome. And you ask if that is somehow better than +10 magic? That's just... wow. For saying you're a cash shopper you seem to have absolutely no idea about how to be economical with what you buy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I hate to sound condescending here, I really do, but

Do you seriously even need to think about +10 magic against +1% EXP and +3 MP recovery? I mean, really?

You can get blue one star gear for 15k that is better than a +1% EXP and 3 MP regen tome. And you ask if that is somehow better than +10 magic? That's just... wow. For saying you're a cash shopper you seem to have absolutely no idea about how to be economical with what you buy.

i really did well because i thought the 1%exp would help and because its blue and it looks awsome >.> i hope theres not many people like you on the forums cause ur an **** hole
  • Samsoul - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Airyll gave you all the advice you asked for, she's got a right to be pissed if you basically throw it in her face. And then to insult her when she took the time and energy to write a reply?

Take your cash elsewhere and spend it on something stupid. :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i really did well because i thought the 1%exp would help and because its blue and it looks awsome >.> i hope theres not many people like you on the forums cause ur an **** hole

I might be an ****, but at least I am honest with you. Have some appreciation for the advice you were given, that you yourself asked for.

If you want to have a tome because it looks awesome, by all means go ahead. Personally, that's what mounts and fashion are for.

However, if you honestly think 1% EXP is useful on it's own you need to reconsider basic math.

Let's say a mob you kill gives you 500 EXP.
    Your tome gives you 1% of that. That's 5 EXP.
    Let's say a quest needs you to kill 30 mobs.
    Congratulations. That tome helped you get a measly 150 EXP in ALL that quest.

Get where this is going? 1% EXP, on it's own, sucks, and the most basic of maths would have told you this.

I might be an **** but I'm not stupid.

+10 magic is an obvious benefit in comparison to 1% EXP, 3 MP regen, or both.

You then come along claiming you have enough money to buy a level three tome, which would be +15 magic. I ask you why you even bothered to make this thread, at that point, because a +15 magic tome is better than either tome you listed in your poll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'd get the one that increases vit and mag. More life as well
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Samsoul - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options

Its probably a bad idea since wizards get **** hp per vit. He'd be lucky to get like 50 hp from one of those.

Cheaper to get good gears with +hp or decent gems. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

I'd pick the 7 Mag / 6 Vit one over 10 Mag too. You trade 3 Mag for 6 Vit, not a bad deal at all. Those 3 lost points of Mag will yield 66 HP, thats a better HP/stat point ratio than what a barb gets.