TW system needs to be tweaked

2»

Comments

• ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary
    ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ↑ this could be fun b:dirty
    3 factions attk 1 land of the dominating faction. And it is allowed to put 200 people in TW. b:victory
    After 5mins, everyone turns off comps/laptops/explosion because of lag b:shocked
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol, Give up on the devs doing anything about it. How long have topics similar to this been open, discussed, and rediscussed? How much has actually changed? .. yeah.

If you want change, MAKE change. Get 3 strong factions bidding in the same time slot against the dominant faction -- voila. They can't hold out, because if they pull anyone from any one of those TWs (assuming all 3 last longer than 10 minutes), they have the possibility of losing at least one of their territories.

As it is right now, in Sanctuary at least, most factions last less than 5 minutes; 10-15 minutes is already rather extraordinary. >__<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010

if pw would remove the limit on concurrent attacks tw would be far more fair and competitive. You would still have the best factions holding the most land but total map dominance would be a challenge.

There is actually no limit in concurrent attacks. Or it will be bypassed if enough guilds bids.

When Conqueror on LC gave the map back, pretty much every guild on the server bidded for free land since no one would defend. Every land beside the cities got attacked so there was no free slots in the TW schedule.

So Conqueror than got 5-6 wars each period instead of the "only 3". I personally thought they would get wars on Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesday or somting like that. But instead the limit of only 3 guilds attacking same time changed.

Guess using that system to take down a big guild might be hard tho. Need so many factions to bid if you wanna cluster up the TW schedule. Than the stronger 5-6 factions has to get war the same time b:surrender.
    lol, Give up on the devs doing anything about it. How long have topics similar to this been open, discussed, and rediscussed? How much has actually changed? .. yeah.

If you want change, MAKE change. Get 3 strong factions bidding in the same time slot against the dominant faction -- voila. They can't hold out, because if they pull anyone from any one of those TWs (assuming all 3 last longer than 10 minutes), they have the possibility of losing at least one of their territories.

As it is right now, in Sanctuary at least, most factions last less than 5 minutes; 10-15 minutes is already rather extraordinary. >__<

3 guild attacking once is pretty easy to counter for a dominant faction. People dont realize there is like 5-10 min between when the wars start. So in reality you only get 2 wars at the same time.

The war that starts first will always get zerged in 5 minutes by the dominant faction. When the second and third war starts the first one is normally already over, or like 20% left on Chrystal.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There is actually no limit in concurrent attacks. Or it will be bypassed if enough guilds bids.

When Conqueror on LC gave the map back, pretty much every guild on the server bidded for free land since no one would defend. Every land beside the cities got attacked so there was no free slots in the TW schedule.

So Conqueror than got 5-6 wars each period instead of the "only 3". I personally thought they would get wars on Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesday or somting like that. But instead the limit of only 3 guilds attacking same time changed.

Guess using that system to take down a big guild might be hard tho. Need so many factions to bid if you wanna cluster up the TW schedule. Than the stronger 5-6 factions has to get war the same time b:surrender.

Thats still completely lousy.

In the extreme example of 22 guilds attacking you can get 4 attacks at a time at a time.

A 22-guild "alliance" represents a maximum force of 4400 people who can field at most 320 of their people at once (7.2%). A 200 member defending force can field 100% of their maximum force against this attack.

Why should an attacking force have a 92.8% handicap? This is why all servers go red. Defending is way too easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My opinion is simple. Fix the broke **** before you mess with the fine stuff? :<
    ↑ This

/10char
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Okay i like those rules, cuz what i have seen of TW there are some holes or things that need to be updated in the rules.'

Quote to this place lowest on the page.

3. You can jump, however flying and flying mounts are unavailable in battlegrounds.
    The attacking guild can build catapults and the defending guild can build different types of towers.
    The Territory War is over once one guild's base has been destroyed, or time has run out.

As far as i know u can very well fly in TWb:chuckle
    Not too sure about the tower and catapult, but as far as i remember both sides can build both types, it might just be a bad formulation, but it do sound like only the attacker can build catapults and only the defender can build towers ^^;

About TW i don't knwo how its coded, but suddenly pulling the territories away from underneath (in my case) Calas feets would be mean. they could probably fast win it back, but they worked hard for it, one way or another. It is true, that if all the smaller and mid facts joined up we could probably lay a heavy pressure on the rulling faction. I mean if u take my faction (non TW faction but still) We are like 30 ppl and currently 5 80+ and what 12 70+ maybe? some 60+, now take this in all the smaller factions, add those together and u got some heavy force. Let 60-80 of these attack a terriotry together and the ruling faction would have to send in some heavy defence instead of just 3squads. Let the usual bigger facts attack as they always do, and u woudl have them cornored.

Problem is ppl cry too much instead of fighting =3.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    come to us ast. :3 me n Q is waiting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I would really like too know is there a developer that reads these forums and can talk about TW flaws???

And if there is why isnt TW topic Pinned.. We all know Suggestion section is just to calm ppl down hardly anything realistic to happen, its also full of ideas that are just not going to be in pwi even if its just asking for features that are in other PW games, ppls wishes are there - thats most of it.

So can a GM acctually ask pls pls to get some Devs to talk to us for 1 week at least? Read forum while working or something. Coz this is official PW and there is no reason changes not to be implemented and discused asap if possible.

I know the other PW games are licenced like as ''PW II'' that is in other countries, so saying PWI and PW in Japan or Brasil, Russia or MY are same - they arent, and there Devs fix bugs on 3-6 months here they do it weekly if not daily if needed.

PWI and PW China are official games that are not under contarct by a second company.
    Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD). Headquarters are in Bejing and Redwood City and this is the officialy site for PW linked form the corporative site. Here on these forums are top shots from PW that can give all answeres lol :)
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It has been talking about looking into providing more dynamic game play in TW such as passgae has door, different type of seige, bigger map, more routes etc.
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    All of snactuary lands are owned by a single faction that earns like 500+ millions per weekend, any chance of anyone defeating them? no, TW is over in sanctuary server.

20100327115731.th.png