West Coast Server Problem

Marhalt - Sanctuary
Marhalt - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Support Desk
To whom it may concern:

This is to inform you that at present I can not log into the Sanctuary server. This was also an intermentant problem yesterday.

According to your own system diagnostics, the ping rate to your Sanctuary server is so high that it registers as ---. This is shown when someone clicks on the Server button when at the login screen.

Yesterday the Sanctuary server was in this state when I could not log in. This morning at approximately 7:30am central time, 3 out of 4 of the west coast servers were in this state. I could not log in.

The problem seems to have become lessened as of now, since only the Sanctuary server is now showing a problem. However this does not help me since I still can not log into the server that I play on.

My error is Unable to connect to Server. I have no problem connecting to any other internet site.

This problem, along with a greatly increased amount of lag, started with the opening of the new Archosaur server. Which is also a West Coast server.

If you could let us know when you can fix this obvious network bandwidth problem so that we can go back to playing PWI, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Marhalt
Post edited by Marhalt - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    have you tried any other servers? west or east
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Check your antivirus and Windows settings, as they could be blocking it.

Please see our Tech Support FAQs and antivirus info. Links below \/
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • dontpanic42
    dontpanic42 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm having the same problem when trying to log onto any west or east coast servers it says unable to connect to server. I've tried turning off antivirus and firewall and still get the same message. What else could I do?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm having the same problem when trying to log onto any west coast servers it says unable to connect to server. I've tried turning off antivirus and firewall and still get the same message. What else could I do?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=667792
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dontpanic42
    dontpanic42 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Oops sorry, I didn't see that. I just downloaded the game and havent played yet. I'm glad that im not doing something wrong lol. Can't wait to start playing in 40 mins =) Thank you for the quick reply.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I had no problems yesterday and I was using an older slower computer or in this case Monday.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
This discussion has been closed.