Is this the class for me?

Colypso - Raging Tide
Colypso - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Barbarian
I like to do heavy dmage and heavy weapons.Is this the class for me?
Post edited by Colypso - Raging Tide on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    that would be the blade master class, barbarian is more focused on tanking, and its only real heavy damage move is costly to use, (half hp/mp + 2sparks)

blademaster on the other hand uses heavy armor and a myriad of weaponry to bring down the opponent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    barbars are not damage dealers in this game
    at high level some of their skills do nice dmg, but mostly barbs are tanks, high def and hp and agro skills to tank bosses and keep party safe
  • _TheFallen_ - Raging Tide
    _TheFallen_ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i took the barb because it can tank and it helps alot the squad your in and easy to kill bosses b:laugh that is why i took it lol
  • Kotasha - Dreamweaver
    Kotasha - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i took the barb because it can tank and it helps alot the squad your in and easy to kill bosses b:laugh that is why i took it lol

With the right build we basically can go on and on and on working on killing something, but the fact of the matter is, with the right build, a tank is meant to just keep the agro and keep it going. If you want to be a damage dealer DD you should chose another class.

A Blademaster might be what you're looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Blademasters are better DDs, but if you want to deal most damage, up to you.

Try STR barb or LA hybrid (you don't need light armor, use heavy)

No less than 3 STR, 0.5 DEX and 1 VIT per LVL, which gives you free 0.5 allocation points. You need your VIT for soloing at least, There is a skill called "Armageddon" that adds more damage based on your HP and MP, but there are other skills you can deal nice damage with too. The key is to use devour / penatrate before any skill if your level 23+ (devour is at 29 which is better P.DEF buff) then following with other skills.

You can try blademaster if it doesn't work out for you or if you don't like being a barb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • SwiftKitten - Dreamweaver
    SwiftKitten - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    despite what u hear, barb are great dd's, they do more damage than a bm vs a single target.

Bm are aoe dd, barb is single dd.

and ther reason why bms can be considered better dd is beucase with barb buffs, they will do more damage then u.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If you like heavy overweight furries dragging around heavy axes & heavily failing in the DD department during early lvls, this is the class for u.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Depends what you mean by heavy. Heavy DPS goes to BM with fists. Heavy single hit goes to barb with Armagedon... BMs don't get huge numbers
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    despite what u hear, barb are great dd's, they do more damage than a bm vs a single target.

and ther reason why bms can be considered better dd is beucase with barb buffs, they will do more damage then u.

BM's r aeo dd only because most bm r axe bmsb:surrender. Bm's r also amazing at vs a single target if u r a sword/ fist bm.

as for barbs; once u hit mid 60's u start doin decent damage :P the lvl 50's u get B.onslaught which is not only ur strongest single target/ range attack but also reduces mobs evasion hence u miss less which intern help u do more DD. b:pleased

at low lvls barbs suck at DD compared to any oher classesb:cry but we pwn at higher lvls thoughb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    Gimlett - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010

This depends entirely on the build in my experience though a BM will almost always do more damage than me, even with axes, even when I have my str buff and they do not. When you start considering fist BMs it just goes right out of the window
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    At high level you can do as much dps as anyone (if you have fists lol)

Well built barbs are like roving battle tanks. Hard to kill and they pack a punch. I dare to say also that they are the king of spike dmg. Sadly enough the 2 newest classes aren't as susceptible to spike dmg as the other 5 classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LoneLeonNoeL - Lost City
    LoneLeonNoeL - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    bars arent only tanks, with a slightchange in the tank build you can turn it into a pking machine,..
    i didn't really care about tiger skills cuz humanoid have better skills for pking but the stats is still a tank build...im hard to kill and i kill hard...lvl 52 rednamed killed 76 ppl in 4 days 154 hours left on my infamy...pking no lower than 45 victims...imagine when i get to 80+ 90+ with demon skills CRITS FTW!