0.25*3.33+3.33=/=5

Options
Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Blademaster
This has been bothering me since I can't work the math out. Demon spark boosts 3.33 attacks /sec into 5. That's not 25% increase but a 50% increase. I thought maybe it takes 0.1 int off instead so it brings you from 0.3 int to 0.2 int? But mine takes me from 1.82 to 2.5, neither 25% increase or -0.1 int... Anyone got a clue how the speed boost from it is calculated exactly?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
Post edited by Divine_Death - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    thats because you have the formula wrong :v.

3.33 needs to be converted into its inverse, 1 / 3.33 = ~.30

need to do do (.30) x (1 - .25 for the speed boost) = .23

since this is not a valid .05 interval, it rounds to the nearest one up, which is .20 (AKA 5 atk / s) this is where attack speed is capped. thx has good day now u hear :v.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279561 <- one of the books of the archer bible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Since 3.33 would be your actual attack speed, calculating the boost from its inverse, or interval between attacks, seems counterintuitive to me. Hmm it does also workout with (.55)*(1-0.25)=0.4125, rounds to 0.4 interval or 2.5 attacks/sec. So it doesn't increase your attack speed by 25% but take 25% off of your interval huh? Interesting... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ya, since .55 interval = 1.82 atk/s, when you do that math, itll come out how you have it there.

elena costel reverse engineered the formula, the lady is a mad math wiz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Since 3.33 would be your actual attack speed, calculating the boost from its inverse, or interval between attacks, seems counterintuitive to me. Hmm it does also workout with (.55)*(1-0.25)=0.4125, rounds to 0.4 interval or 2.5 attacks/sec. So it doesn't increase your attack speed by 25% but take 25% off of your interval huh? Interesting... b:thanks

Don't question an archer.
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So much math!!b:faint making my brain go ....b:tired
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Don't question an archer.

Meh, when archers stop being corrected by BMs, this will undoubtedly have more impact :P
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So I guess other skills that "increase attack speed by xx%", such as Cyclone and Relentless, are all calculated in the same manner?

And I think Telarith mentioned 0.55 int sparks to the same speed as 0.5 int? So that means when it's in the middle like 0.5*0.75=0.375, it rounds to 4 instead of 3.5?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So I guess other skills that "increase attack speed by xx%", such as Cyclone and Relentless, are all calculated in the same manner?

And I think Telarith mentioned 0.55 int sparks to the same speed as 0.5 int? So that means when it's in the middle like 0.5*0.75=0.375, it rounds to 4 instead of 3.5?

It's based on the attack speed buff, instead of a static number for all speed buffs. .45 interval is the same as .5 interval with a 25% speed buff; same with .65 and .7, and .25 and .3. This applies for only the exact number of a 25% speed buff. Even a 1% buff difference skews that particular result.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Basically if you have .30 interval and you take 25% off, it'll round the 0.225 down. 0.375 goes to .35 meaning 2.86.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.