selecting server ?

Options
abcyang
abcyang Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Support Desk
On the new start screen I had similar problems as everyone else logging in I get the mixed chinese/gobble-de-guk writing and I cant lauch the game. This is newly downloaded on a second computer and has been restarted and verified.

I did notice that on the new computer where it says 'server status' down the bottom, nothing comes up in there at all. On the first computer the word 'online' comes in there in green.

So I was wondering if it is possible that no server has been selected. I then clicked on every link/button on the new start screen but I cant work out where to select a server. Can someone explain how to do this please.

Ive read heaps of forums and I cant find the answer and I apologise in advance if its uber-simple and I just missed it......
Post edited by abcyang on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer.

Find out what the model number for your PC is. Check the documentation that came with your PC, or look on the back or bottom of your PC for the model Number.

Please tell us the manufacturer's name of your system too! (Like HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.)

Next, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista/7), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device, Drivers, and DirectX Features boxes:
    DxDiagRequest.JPG

Thanks!
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• abcyang
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hang on a sec. I did that on both computers and the second one is a bit weird. Under notes it says Im 'using a generic video driver and to install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer'. I'll download and install a new driver first then I'll get back to you. Tks for the very fast reply too by the way..........
  • knighted
    knighted Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Got a similar(if not same) problem if you could look at it

nvm --- seems there a optional updates for W7 that help it work
    thank you abcyang for figuring it out
    and you sutra for offering help
  • abcyang
    edited March 2010
    Options
    After updating the driver I decided to update some other long neglected updates for my xp system I dont know what helped but I updated various xp patches and internet explorer 8. Whatever did it, I just logged into the game and it works fine. Tks.
This discussion has been closed.