P2P server

MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
Would you play on P2P server if :
Normal exp rate
  • Items to help lv faster like oracle and scrolls not exist here.
  • Bounty Hunter quest were back to only once a day.
Boutique Items
  • Items to help lv faster like esoterica and hyper exp not exist here.
  • Items like GA and Charms only able to be purchased once day, so 1 Charm for 1 day. But you still able to buy lower lv charm though they also limited to only 1 day.
  • Items to help refine chance limited to +7.
  • Mount and aerocraft only showing some of them and not the fastest one, which to get rare and faster one you may create it in game.
  • Some items on boutique has stock before run out, these will encourage cash shopper to buy before they gone.
What you can receive in game
  • Fashion, mount, and aerocraft can be manufactured by collecting certain items.
    (though you still need a 1 gold item from boutique to combine them)
  • Random packs & legendary pets material only available from random instances drop, don't worry those pets material drop randomly from 30 to 100 each time they drops.
  • Rare pets now really has random spawn place.

Pretty much it become server for hardcore player, well but you need to pay monthly fee. b:chuckle
More ideas ? b:surrender And you want PVE or PVP ? b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
Post edited by MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Normal XP Rate:

Why have bounty hunter at all? It was a new addition too.

Botique Items:

Stock so cash shoppers buy quickly? I thought the idea of P2P was "no cash shop"? Or am I missing something here. More likely, these things would be purchased with coin only, or could be found as drops or end-instance chests.

Also, not a big fan of limiting GA/charms. Again, make them expensive as far as in-game coin or rare (or elminate GA all together).

Same with the +7 refine. You can find ways to simply make it difficult to acheive. Seven is an arbitrary cut-off as far as I'm concerned.

Receive:

1 gold item from boutique? Again, P2P generally avoids the micro-payment, right? Isn't that one of the benefits of the model?

- I like a lot of your other ideas. That said, no, I wouldn't play a P2P server, especially as you've outlined it. I play PW because it's free, and even if I have to spend more time grinding coins, I *can* get anything I want eventually. The way you have it set up, not only am I forced to pay a monthly fee, but it looks like I *still* need to buy from a cash shop. No thanks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Haha b:laugh i just borrowing what PWE usually do (those required boutique items things). b:chuckle
    (especially because it seem income from boutique was much more a lot from monthly fee)

If it completely free other than monthly pay then people *with money* from older server won't move here b:surrender (not counting their cash shop items now limited)
    The difference is cash shop user won't dominate like on the old server, especially with limited charm & GA purchase. (especially if it become pvp server)
    But . . . i want to see more reply now. b:chuckle

Saying these all makes me more sure these will never happen. Q.Q
    Maybe i just make a thread of will you play one p2p server ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Your ideas seem fine but:

Don't limit the charms/GAs, instead make them buyable from an NPC with in-game coins. Same with mounts/aerogear/fashion etc.

And no, I wouldn't play there.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Technically, the game already is P2P but with no monthly fee. As someone once mentioned (can't recall who), "free to play, pay to win".
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    GohanX - Dreamweaver Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This is a good idea. A server where all the things that ruin the game is gone would have to be p2p.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]