Transfering characters to other server possibility

WrongTarget - Harshlands
WrongTarget - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
I wanted to make an suggestion to allow players transfer their characters to other servers. Of course if there ll be new server opened it should only work in one way from new server -> old servers to not flood new servers with high lvl characters. Im talking here about possibility to move between old servers where people have alredy reached 100+ lvl and got their gear.

Why?
Because for example some people got bored by playing on PVE server and they would like to try PVP server for some time without starting from 0 and ofc people who started on PVP and they just dont like it would be able to go to PVE server. Second reason would be possibility to balance population on old servers and bring little fresh air to these servers.

Idea how to make it?
Well it can be done as
1) a free migration system where players send tickets by ingame ticket system
2) a free automate system where player just pick option to change server then w8s time needed till database content will be refreshed and done
3)the way pwi would like most cash shop item that let people transfer their characters into new server ( since something similiar alredy exist for items transfer)

It is not that much work and effects can be rly good since servers would be much more balanced and people would feel that they can switch server if they dont like the current one + old servers would get new players.
Our of HL atm RagingTide lvl 95+ Veno and rising :D
Post edited by WrongTarget - Harshlands on

Comments

• Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's long been thought the reason why PWI doesn't allow character transfers is because they make a load of cash on people making a whole new character, and buying inventory/bank expansions, mounts both flying and land based. Hyper XP, dragon orbs, fashion, everything that goes into a new character that needs to be rebought. Even if they charged $50 to move your character like another game used to charge that I can't say here. They would still make more money on making you have to buy all this stuff all over again, and making a new character on another server.

Sad but true. It's all business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I wanted to make an suggestion to allow players transfer their characters to other servers.

And I want to make you a suggestion... for you to search before posting next time. This has already been suggested before (more than once).
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lets see how much fun would be:

New server comes out.

Within 10 seconds there would be already 20 level 100s+. 100s of level 80-90s.

People start again on new servers to get a chance at a new start on a new server, which in turn makes lots of money for PWE.

Not to mention that it would totaly mess up the economy of the new servers, and on the old ones as well.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • WrongTarget - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Lets see how much fun would be:

New server comes out.

Within 10 seconds there would be already 20 level 100s+. 100s of level 80-90s.

People start again on new servers to get a chance at a new start on a new server, which in turn makes lots of money for PWE.

Not to mention that it would totaly mess up the economy of the new servers, and on the old ones as well.

read again what i wrote because u didnt understand it at all since i clearly wrote from new server to old server...

as for general well im using some real money but i ll not charge more for my char because there is no point coz there is no pvp on pve server and im not in mood to waste alot of time to start from 0 on pvp server again so shortly i ll sooner change game than start again so pwi will loose profit from me and people that will follow me that they ll keep if they ll satisfy our needs.
    Im customer and i have right to demand because i want fun and im paying for it, if they cant suit my needs i ll find another company that will do it.
  • WrongTarget - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    yup i seen that and my idea is about adding new possibility lol if it would be possible what for would i post ?

Its not hard task to do just 1 short script if they add limitations that only bank + char equip + inv is being transfered not a guild etc then its very simple lol = around 8 sql queries if they ll use operator JOIN.
  • anelle
    anelle Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    OMG while I'm in hospital for service related amputations I lost my lvl 100+ cleric!!! WTF!!!!!!

I'm not even going to the money part WTF again.....I've been playing since this game game out.....I'm estimating over $4000.00 spent for gold for my characters......Jesus Christ, this is BS!!! Should I not get something from ARC with my old accounts, I'll be on the phone with my lawyer within the next 48 hours. Dammit you don't [REMOVED] with people's money (accounts).​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    anelle wrote: »
    OMG while I'm in hospital for service related amputations I lost my lvl 100+ cleric!!! WTF!!!!!!

I'm not even going to the money part WTF again.....I've been playing since this game game out.....I'm estimating over $4000.00 spent for gold for my characters......Jesus Christ, this is BS!!! Should I not get something from ARC with my old accounts, I'll be on the phone with my lawyer within the next 48 hours. Dammit you don't [REMOVED] with people's money (accounts).
    OMG, you necrored a thread that was dead well over 5 years ago!!!! WTF!!!!
    Hell, your rant isn't even related to the topic.

Before you call your lawyer, you should read the ToS. They can shut your account down, hell even the servers, at any time and don't owe you jack. Also, don't forget that you agreed to that before you started playing or spent any money at all.

Oh, and I shan't forget to mention, there is a 99.99% chance that you did not in fact lose your character. You just aren't looking in the right spot. You should read up on some of the threads in Technical Support from a few months ago after the servers got merged.

Closing this nonsense.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.