Landslide in dungeons?

Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Psychic
I've got this habit of attempting to use my landslide pushback skill in dungeons if I manage to draw aggro, or the cleric draws aggro and needs to be rescued. Mostly when I draw aggro, as a force of habit sort of thing when I'm grinding and don't want cows with swords on top of me.

In dungeons, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. More often than not it works, especially in outdoor dungeons (Disaster!). So is it worth it? Does it help or hinder?
Post edited by Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I've got this habit of attempting to use my landslide pushback skill in dungeons if I manage to draw aggro, or the cleric draws aggro and needs to be rescued. Mostly when I draw aggro, as a force of habit sort of thing when I'm grinding and don't want cows with swords on top of me.

In dungeons, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. More often than not it works, especially in outdoor dungeons (Disaster!). So is it worth it? Does it help or hinder?

personally, i lvled landslide to lvl 4, i regret it know b:laugh i can kill most mobs 3-4 hits. but if i have to, say increases mag resist, or increased life it helps. but i bet at higher lvls a very high lvl will b very useful. but thats in my clerics perspective, i dont hit much. my psy on the other hand b:cute doesnt hurt that his skills channeling half as fast as my clerics
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Tidebornpsyc - Dreamweaver
    Tidebornpsyc - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm only lvl 72 but I can definately say Landslide helps alot. Fast Castknockback and higher dmg than Sandburst and Spirit Blast for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Croceus - Heavens Tear
    Croceus - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think he's looking more for the usage of landslide in dungeons rather than just solo-ing.

Landslide's knockback only works on a few of the mobs in FB/BH, and those mobs seem to decrease at higher levels. However, Landslide is a rather hard hitting skill, and has this amazing added effect of canceling channeling.

I highly recommend maxing this skill, The increased knockback distance is great for solo'ing and in dungeons, it's large damage output coupled with quick channeling speed allows you to grab aggro from rogue mobs. Proc up psychic will+bubble+white and ride the mob back to the tank.

The interrupted channeling really comes into play on bosses like Zimo, where you can interrupt their nasty spells, helping the barb should he not be adept at Pounce or merely missed his cue.