TW and realistic planning

narquel
narquel Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Recently during officers meeting we encountered serious differences. I hope to find some answers here, to find out which one of us was right about TW tactics. And here's our problem:

Should small and weak faction act like a big one? Should we separate teams, split squads to attack and defend at the same time, because "that's what big factions do, and that's how TW should look like", or should we plan different, smarter, to teach our members (who've small TW experience) particular, small things, like: how to attack, how to defend, how to regroup, and strike back, how to destroy enemy lines and force him to step back? When you know that you're smaller, weaker, and less experienced, should you throw your members on deep water, or first teach them how to swim?

What will be better, acting like Goliath when you're a David, or being aware of your REAL options?

I believe that TW should be fun, but that fun should be well planned, with knowledge about what is, and what isn't possible, or smart. Of course we can get pwned and say "oh, that was fun", but I don't think well about people who're running in circle and enjoy it, when their job is not only to be there.

But, enough about what I think. I'd like to know your opinions, my fellow PWI players.
Post edited by narquel on

Comments

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited March 2010
    Employ the same tactics they do. Bum rush them. Playing defense is a bad idea since you're probably just gonna end up getting 1 shotted anyways.
  • Kazamatt - Dreamweaver
    Kazamatt - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    volst wrote: »
    Employ the same tactics they do. Bum rush them. Playing defense is a bad idea since you're probably just gonna end up getting 1 shotted anyways.
    Ok, that's one voice, and I have to say that I like it, cause it shows that doing many things at the same time is just hard. And how I understand that, your proposition is to not split people (especialy when you have 20 members tops - what kind of different assignments you can give to unexperienced people [and don't expect them to fail]? Order 6 of them to stay near crystal and getting killed, while all others are making their way to attack enemy castle? And maybe sending fake recon? Or 10 rush, 10 defend? Still just wrong imo), but gather them together, doing one thing, focusing all their powers on doing one thing as good as possible, and not pretending to have unlimited options.
    On the other hand, defending might be fail decision, but I guess it's important to learn how to push enemy away when you're in big TW between sharks. But that's just guessing, maybe someone else can make it clear.

IMO, OP should teach his faction how to do simple stuff. Hard things are for pr0 players. On DW situation is quite simple - Calamity rules. But it doesn't mean that we're not trying to learn anything from our short battles. Maybe I should speak for myself tho. This weekend's gonna be exciting :)
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    we didn't ever do TW cause we were a smaller faction. IceDrakes has always been about helping people and we never really thought about TW. But lately, we figure what the hell. it'll be fun and we can learn some stuff while we are at it. and Yeah, we do like voist, plan ahead, organise, set up squads and duties, and go out there and have fun. We probably only spend like 2 mil a week for doing this. That's a drop in the bucket.

Plus, if every faction that could do TW did this, Nef* would eventually give up land because every one of their territories would be under attack by someone.

*replace Nef with the cash-shop guild of your choice on your server.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    20 people? WTF? You are wasting resources you should be spending on gearing... Really, break it down into efficient TT squads or take up RB, or anything that's a worthy challenge.

I see many factions fail because they forget that the most important rule, regardless of other things you might do, is to help your people advance.

It's no longer hard to level, the problem is getting people properly geared/skilled. Get your core on a minimum standard and then recruit enough people to properly field an attack. Say minimum of 70-80 at least lvl 80. This will allow for no shows and make it so that you can require guildies to meet a minimum standard not to be left out.

Here's the thing, any experience you could get will be like trying to learn how to PvP by dueling. You'll learn nothing. You need to be up to a certain competitive level to actually get useful experience. Doing this just for fun is mediocrity at it's worst.

People need to get something straight, yes, you may never catch up to the guys with uber refines but decent level/gear/skills are hard work you have to go through. Not to mention being able to recruit in sufficient numbers. Otherwise you're nothing but a sad 5 minute joke...