If you could trade a skill

Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Which one would it be?

What I mean is if you could switch one of your skills with a skill from another class, which would it be? And which would you give up?

I would (for my Sin) give up Raving Slash, and choose either the Barb HP buff or the Cleric phys. defense buff.

For my Cleric(s)- give up Blessing of the Purehearted, and get soul transfusion, distance shrink, Will of the Bodhistiva, Alter Marrow (Physical) or Maze Steps.

EDIT: keep in mind that you'll still have the same stats- so a BM getting IH blessing or BIDS wouldn't be too effective, and a Wiz getting Perdition or Headhunt wouldn't do too much damage either.
Full power to the Vagiroscope!
Post edited by Camerlengo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I would trade my first born son for soul transfusion. Nothing else even comes close. Plenty of skills would be nice to have, but never having to spend mana, ever, on ANYTHING, playing as one of the most mana intensive classes? OP
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I would trade my first born son for soul transfusion. Nothing else even comes close. Plenty of skills would be nice to have, but never having to spend mana, ever, on ANYTHING, playing as one of the most mana intensive classes? OP

Demon Celestial Guardian Seal
    Demon Ironheart Blessing

Sage Spirit's Gift
    Sage SomeSkillIDontKnowAboutProbably

Cleric's get enough free mana

me though, Id trade hailstorm for silent seal (such a better way at keeping things from moving) -.-
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Emberstorm for Assa stealth skill.
    Soporific whisper for cleric sleep.
    Hailstorm for Roar of the Pride.
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Now, Swimming Mastery would be the obvious skill to give up for veno but, since i don't want to be accused of exploiting an unfair advantage, i'll say Fox Wallop since i'll eventually be going Sage anyway.

The skill i would trade in for would be Wizard's Stone Barrier if it could stack with Foxform.
    b:sin

If i had the choice to trade a second skill i'd give up Frost Scarab for Essential Sutra.
  • Secuoia - Heavens Tear
    Secuoia - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Vicious arrow for assassin stealth skill
    Serrated arrow for ironheart blessingb:victory
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Tide Spirit for Essential Sutra
    Tideform for Shadow Escape
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Vicious arrow for assassin stealth skill
    Serrated arrow for ironheart blessingb:victory

Keep in mind you still have your same stats, and IH is based a LOT off magic attack- so it wouldn't do much if used by an archer.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Demon Ironheart Blessing

Sage Spirit's Gift

me though, Id trade hailstorm for silent seal (such a better way at keeping things from moving) -.-

Because spending 400 MP to get 300 back is TOTALLY free MP. =/

Back on topic, aside from the obvious choice of Transfusion...I'd happily trade Flight Mastery for Wellspring Quaff or Essential Sutra too. b:thanks
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'd trade:

My veno's bramble hood for stone barrier (fox form + stone barrier b:dirty).

My sin's tackling slash for a BM's golden bell.

My barb's armageddon for the ability to use true form with fists/claws.

My cleric's m.def buff for a metal version of blade tempest.

My BM's roar of the pride for alacrity of the beast (and still keep shadowless kick, of course).

My wizard's essential sutra for...**** that.

My wizard's pyrogram, gush, or stone rain for ironheart.

I tried to keep the trades somewhat even.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    firestorm for Heaven's Flame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    On My BM

Stream strike > Sage Purge

Tiger maw > Shadow escape

Mage Bane > Beast King's Inspiration
  • Secuoia - Heavens Tear
    Secuoia - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Keep in mind you still have your same stats, and IH is based a LOT off magic attack- so it wouldn't do much if used by an archer.

Ah right i forgot about that, it could be bloodpaint if applied to ranged classesb:sad or diamond sutra would be nice toob:pleased
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    <--- fist bm

I woudl trade my soul to have Bloodpaint. As long as I was the only BM with it. lol

Beast King's Inspiration. Self HP buff would be nice.

Force Stealth.

Turtle. lol

Which skills would I trade them for? Can I pick the lame ones I never use anyway? lol Tiger Maw, Draw Blood, any of the sword tree. Yeah, I have a bunch of useless skills I'd give away for the ones I listed. lol

On My BM

Stream strike > Sage Purge

Yeah, that too :O
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Demon Ironheart Blessing

Sage Spirit's Gift

b:chuckle Why do people keep on thinking that clerics get free mana when they think about these skills. Demon ih cost 100mp more then the mp regen it gives, so thats not saving us anything. though yes both demon CGS and sage Spirits gift give more mana then cast, I have -never- seen either of them for sale. I've only met one sage who had spirits gift, that skill is not foreseeably obtainable to a large majority of clerics.

And yeah I'd want soul transfuse.
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Would trade swim mastery for some kinda temporary magic defense or an anti stun/sleep buff.
    Barbs get no dev. love, so I wont be holding my breath. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    WTT Siren's Kiss for Barrage of Arrows
    Clerics have no useless skills TT.TT
    Even Blessing of the Purehearted is a great chi builder >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If I could trade over 5 on a cleric...

I'd drop purehearted, thunderball, flight mastery, seal of the god and elven boon... and learn fist mastery, spark eruption (melee class), highland cleave, heavens flame and roar of the pride. :D
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    b:chuckle Why do people keep on thinking that clerics get free mana when they think about these skills. Demon ih cost 100mp more then the mp regen it gives, so thats not saving us anything. though yes both demon CGS and sage Spirits gift give more mana then cast, I have -never- seen either of them for sale. I've only met one sage who had spirits gift, that skill is not foreseeably obtainable to a large majority of clerics.

And yeah I'd want soul transfuse.

On Heaven's tear maybe, Ive seen lots of clerics with Sage Spirit's Gift and Demon CGS (Lost City > Other servers, everyone knows it :D)
    And woops ih does use more mana then you get back, but a barb tanking will love you if you have it
    edited March 2010
    Another addition.

I'd trade my barb's feral regeneration, mighty swing, and penetrate armor for a BM's axe and hammer master (while keeping the barb's axe and hammer mastery).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Another addition.

I'd trade my barb's feral regeneration, mighty swing, and penetrate armor for a BM's axe and hammer master (while keeping the barb's axe and hammer mastery).

Explain why please? From what I see barb axe and hammer mastery is better anyway (level 11 anyway)

EDIT: Aww damnit, ignore me, I r tired
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Explain why please? From what I see barb axe and hammer mastery is better anyway (level 11 anyway)
    Another addition.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited March 2010
    Trade all human barb skills (except for buffs) for all cleric buffs and maybe healing skills. Invincible self buff/heal barb. b:dirty
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    volst wrote: »
    Trade all human barb skills (except for buffs) for all cleric buffs and maybe healing skills. Invincible self buff/heal barb. b:dirty

A good charmed barb is already immortal 1v1 -.-
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'd trade:

My BM's roar of the pride for alacrity of the beast (and still keep shadowless kick, of course).

My wizard's pyrogram, gush, and stone rain for ironheart.

Lolwut? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Lolwut? b:shocked

The 'and' was supposed to be 'or'.b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Stormrage Eagleon for Essential Sutra
    Vicious Arrow for Tiger Leap
    Serrated Arrow for Leap Back
    Knockback Arrow for Landslide
    Deadly Shot for Stone Barrier
    Blessing of the Condor for Violent Triumph

edit: Oh and forgot about Flight Mastery for Purify =)
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Everyone wants stone barrier and essential sutra, all you peeps go reroll a wizzie then you will see how much we deserve those two skills b:surrender
    edited March 2010
    Everyone wants stone barrier and essential sutra, all you peeps go reroll a wizzie then you will see how much we deserve those two skills

Yeah, not trading that for anything.

Anyway, continuing with the trades.
    I'd trade:

My veno's ironwood (albeit, reluctantly) for golden bell (fox form + stone barrier + golden bellb:dirty).
    My veno's AoE skills for a cleric's p.def and m.def buffs (fox form + stone barrier + golden bell + vanguard spiritb:dirty).
    My veno's amp for a BM's marrows (fox form + stone barrier + golden bell + vanguard spirit + physical marrowb:dirty).

My wizard's pyrogram, gush, or stone rain for ironheart.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Chill of the Deep --> Black Voodoo
    Wolf Emblem --> Aura of the Golden Bell.

An Assassin with Black Voodoo, damage would be crazy, along with having my physical defensed buffed. That would be amazing to have.
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Soul transfusion, hands down. I might have skimmed too much but it seems all the clerics want that skill b:surrender

Oh, I forgot to specify what skill I'd give up: Celestial Guardian's Seal, Stream of Rejuvenation, elemental seal, dimensional seal, siren's kiss, thunderball, blessing of the purehearted, even tempest... just give me soul transfusion please......