Same sex wedding?

aqualiciouspwi
aqualiciouspwi Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Somebody told me today that she knows at least 2 couples of same sex in PWI....

Is it really possible now???

Thank you for your answers and no flames please :)
Post edited by aqualiciouspwi on

Comments

• nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    not to my knowledge, no, it is not possible.

There have been glitches where it says on a female character, "so and so's husband"....but those are usually lag glitches.

PWE does not support **** rights. Sorry.

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present
  • RamArch - Lost City
    RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i have seen people married to them self how,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What you CAN do, and several have done, is create two pairs of characters with similar names:

Given the way the PWI fonts look:
    Durna and Duma look pretty much identical, for example.

So you end up with:

Player A, male character AM, female character AF
    Player B, male character BM, female character BF

And you marry them off:
    AM<->BF and BM<->AF

Then it *looks* like AM and BM are married, since BMs name is very similar to BF, who they are ACTUALLY married to.

Closest you can get.

(Same trick for marrying 'yourself' or indeed, someone who hates you)
  • Rgae - Sanctuary
    Rgae - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
  • aqualiciouspwi
    aqualiciouspwi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks all for your answers :)b:thanks
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Here's an example
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If I wasn't already hitched I could have married myself by making the archer a fem lol.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If I wasn't already hitched I could have married myself by making the archer a fem lol.

Hah yeah, I could have married my veno, or my cleric if he was female. But if I don't want to spend 30 bucks to marry someone else, like hell I'll pay 60 to marry myself, lol. I've had several people who were trying to coax me into marrying myself.

Being a **** man IRL I support the idea of same-sex marriages. I've kinda accepted the fact it's not gonna be available because of the game being developed in China, and I doubt I'd use the feature anyways since I find it expensive... and no, even with MQ it doesn't appeal to me much more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hah yeah, I could have married my veno, or my cleric if he was female. But if I don't want to spend 30 bucks to marry someone else, like hell I'll pay 60 to marry myself, lol. I've had several people who were trying to coax me into marrying myself.
    If you got 2 pcs & an alt u're planning to seriously lvl it does pay off... Sure nice not to have to wait for your wife to get home from work all the time ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's unfortunate the game is stuck with the baggage of backward conservative views, but it's already been made clear we are to expect no changes on this issue. Kind of reminds me of Iran in that while sex change is legal homosexuality is not...
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's unfortunate the game is stuck with the baggage of backward conservative views, but it's already been made clear we are to expect no changes on this issue. Kind of reminds me of Iran in that while sex change is legal homosexuality is not...

To some sex change is more like the treatment of a birth defect ( or mental disorder), not a sexual preference.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    To some sex change is more like the treatment of a birth defect ( or mental disorder), not a sexual preference.

Won't argue with that, still it leads to you to wonder what sort of things Khomeini was doing in Paris...

Having been raised a Catholic i find it somewhat strange that people can be tolerant of transgender but not lesbians/homosexuals. I have also seen the reverse attitude.