What to farm to get herc?

HealthPotion - Raging Tide
HealthPotion - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Venomancer
So someone told me to Farm and sell herbs and mats to get coins for herc. I thought it would be a great idea and so far its pretty easy. I dont mind spending the time flying around and clicking on things, its actually fun! =)
But the only problem is that im having, not alot of people are buying my herbs/mats.
So I was thinking, maybe im farming the wrong thing?
Im farming in Hell, all the High and Special herbs, and Special Mats.
Ive so far, gatherd about over 1000 Herbs and 200 Mats.
I know for a fact (IHope) the mats will sell easy. (Havent started to sell them yet)
But the herbs arnt selling quite as well as I hopped.
So for anyone who has tried this method, What herbs did you focus mainly on?

P.S im from Raging Tides. So there arnt alot of high lvls. And im probably the ONLY person who sells special herbs and mats..
Post edited by HealthPotion - Raging Tide on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    So someone told me to Farm and sell herbs and mats to get coins for herc. I thought it would be a great idea and so far its pretty easy. I dont mind spending the time flying around and clicking on things, its actually fun! =)
    But the only problem is that im having, not alot of people are buying my herbs/mats.
    So I was thinking, maybe im farming the wrong thing?
    Ive so far, gatherd about over 1000 Herbs and 200 Mats.
    I know for a fact (IHope) the mats will sell easy. (Havent started to sell them yet)
    But the herbs arnt selling quite as well as I hopped.
    So for anyone who has tried this method, What herbs did you focus mainly on?

P.S im from Raging Tides. So there arnt alot of high lvls. And im probably the ONLY person who sells special herbs and mats..

Buy low, sell high, that is the way to make money in this game.

Merchandising is the way to go. Catshop and Auction House.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I farmed lowest herbs to get my first legendary pet; but back then they cost 20m. Nowadays they cost many times that but herbs still sell for about the same. I'm not sure if its still a good strategy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    merchanting is your friend, farm high mats and ofc fly everywhere, and everytime you get 100k put it in the bank( thats how i got my faction to level 3)
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HealthPotion - Raging Tide
    HealthPotion - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Right now im farming Eeveryhting I find in Hell =)
    And selling it. So far im having only luck with
    Butterfly, Perfumdew, Red Berry and Tiger Ear herbs ATM.
    Hopfully during TW days people buy my white berrys. I have like hunderds of them..
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How come everyone claims buying and reselling is the best way to make money? I can farm tons of mats to sell, sit in a catshop all day and all night and none of them will sell. However, I can make wine, run BH a few times, and make money from the wine fee. Also I'm starting to think that soloing squad mode TT 1-2 or 1-3 isnt that profitable anymore. 1)It can take a long time. 2) the mats are selling dirt cheap now 3)i think doing a money run on 2-2 with 3 other ppl works better for me. Kill first boss to open door, skip to Dog, and kill last boss. So far this and grinding is the best way i make money.
    Selling mats and herbs... Not my thing. :/
    >.<
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    im grinding & trying to sell mid grade mats needed to make subs & any useful thing i can find thts worth a pretty penny to get my veno a herc then a nix not many of my mats sell but people sell stuff to me ive barely sold a thing thts y i h8 merchanting real pain in the ***
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    just remember that whoever make wines from special mats and selling for more than 200k (example on my server) is not gonna sell them. you can make wines with tokens.
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    high grade mats or mid grade mats are the best mats to sell.
    Atm in HT an Ultimate Sub is about 70-80k. O_O And needs about 20 min to farm all mats for doin one.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How come everyone claims buying and reselling is the best way to make money?

I can farm tons of mats to sell, sit in a catshop all day and all night and none of them will sell. However, I can make wine, run BH a few times, and make money from the wine fee. Also I'm starting to think that soloing squad mode TT 1-2 or 1-3 isnt that profitable anymore. 1)It can take a long time. 2) the mats are selling dirt cheap now 3)i think doing a money run on 2-2 with 3 other ppl works better for me. Kill first boss to open door, skip to Dog, and kill last boss. So far this and grinding is the best way i make money.
    Selling mats and herbs... Not my thing. :/

Ummm, buying and reselling is merchanting. It has nothing to do with farming herbs/mats and selling them. Low TTs arnt that profitable anymore.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How come everyone claims buying and reselling is the best way to make money?:/

Let me give you a quick, and extreme, example that happened yesterday.

In AH, someone was selling a pure black vampire top for 500k coins. I bought it and resold it within 5 minutes for 2.5mil coins.

In 20 minutes (15 minutes scanning the AH, 5 minutes waiting for it to sell), I made 2million coins profit.

Merchandising... You buy low, and sell high. That is how you make money in RL and in this game.

This is obviously an extreme example. A less extreme one:
    When Anyboxes were on sale, I set a shop to buy tokens. With the token I would make things people wanted and sold them. Since it cost of the tokens was less than what the selling price of items was, I was making a profit with every sale.
    This is another example of merchandising.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Let me give you a quick, and extreme, example that happened yesterday.

In AH, someone was selling a pure black vampire top for 500k coins. I bought it and resold it within 5 minutes for 2.5mil coins.

In 20 minutes (15 minutes scanning the AH, 5 minutes waiting for it to sell), I made 2million coins profit.

Merchandising... You buy low, and sell high. That is how you make money in RL and in this game.

This is obviously an extreme example. A less extreme one:
    When Anyboxes were on sale, I set a shop to buy tokens. With the token I would make things people wanted and sold them. Since it cost of the tokens was less than what the selling price of items was, I was making a profit with every sale.
    This is another example of merchandising.

Well I understand how it works. I've done it before. I bought pure white corsair boots for 1m and resold them for 2.5m the same day. However Im not so lucky everytime doing this. I bought a bulk load of TT mats when they were cheap waiting for them to go back up again and they never did. This goes to say, I'm a good buyer, but I'm not a good reseller.
    >.<
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It could be the server you are on as it is very new there won't be a lot of high lvls.I would farm mid lvl mats and possibly herbs as well even low ones.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.