Impressive Behaviour

Options
2»

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Is that mean you all lucky to never meet fail squad ? =0 And always other people fail ?
    (actually my post earlier is my first fail squad b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    certaily is all the others who fails xD

never me :P

I think I squaded with u on my alt for bh a while ago.... b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Way too centralized off of one point of view to tell mostly.

Me, I don't care if someone keeps going on about what to do. Much like when the hint menu appeared first playing, I didn't do the stupid and turn it off. Alot if stuff already known, ignore it and continue on. If I see a patrol coming up behind someone on another mob or healing tank, I mention it before going to engage it. Because 95%+ they don't react to it until after being shwacked.

Now since we don't know what convo happened during the run, the barb might have been as fed up with them as they were with him. So when someone screws up by not paying attention to the radar to see mobs nearby, he ignored their plight. Reading OP, it seems they are saying the barb didn't understand common sense game things. If they said it during the BH, wouldn't it be the ultimate irony to let someone die when they do something contrary to the 'common sense' they just bitched about?

All in all, too much left out to tell fault. If the barb came on and put it from their point of view, people might have been posting they were in the right. "DD took aggro after complaining about your playstyle? Let them deal with it." Posts like that have happened in the past here.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I keep taking random squads hoping for an epic fail run, but I can't seem to find this huge phenomenon. I even reactivated my barb and ran a BH51 since that seems to be failure central. Not only did everything go extremely smoothly, we couldn't even complain about a lack of healers or tanks - 2 barbs, 2 BMs, and 2 clerics.

And, while I think letting anyone in squad deal with their own agro is un-barbly, I can't help but notice that his bizarre claim that you don't have agro came right after you did one of the dumb things you had been upset about his not assuming you wouldn't do. Want to bet that in his version of the story this is the punch line - the sarcastic comment he gave right before kicking you?
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Nuri - Raging Tide
    Nuri - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:chuckleNotice the original classes are the ones that keep it safe.....well mostly anyway
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I joined a BH29 squad with my blademaster the other day that had a lvl 61 barb leading. I thought, this should be easy, being that he is higher level so has done it before and knows more what he is doing. The others were a low level psychic probably for token quest, a veno, and a cleric.

The first two sets of mobs went ok. I was wondering what a level 50 cleric was doing using her FB19 weapon, but was more appalled when I learned she didn't know what Ironheart was and only used Blessing of the Purehearted. And was irritated that sometimes she just stood there until I asked where she was or told her to heal.

Then, suddenly, the barb apparently lost whatever intelligence he'd had at the beginning of the run. He started attacking groups of things without aggroing them all. I tried to save the cleric but heal aggro killed her. While the cleric went to town I told the barb he had to aggro everything or she couldn't heal. We were waiting for the cleric when the barb got impatient and attacked another group of stuff. I watched his life go down quickly and opted not to join, knowing all mobs would be after me when he died. I asked him what he was doing attacking before the cleric got back, got no response. He died. Veno and psychic had wisely also not attacked so we all waited while he went to town (decided not to wait for cleric I guess). Finally both get back, we are set to go again. Barb attacks a group of mobs, doesn't aggro everything. I say "aggro everything or cleric can't heal!" but he doesn't. Cleric dies.

While waiting for cleric to come back a high level wizard in my faction is appalled at the state of the squad and offers to help. I tell them I want to invite her (we have a space in squad). Barb replies "only if she will help in TT 1-1 later." I'm thinking, what the hell? Someone is willing to help and you won't allow it unless they do more? I'm about the leave the squad when he passes lead and says invite her, so I do. She comes in and does the rest, saving more from dying.

I have had a few fail squads on different chars, but I find it very sad that a barb over 10 levels higher than the people that need the BH would do such a poor job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Hecklar - Sanctuary
    Hecklar - Sanctuary Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well, I haven't had too many fail squads lately... And for whoever said archers can lure those mobs by the first boss in 39 we can't, Zeal works for that. But meh, not like I'd waste time with that now. ~Barrages~ The mobs by Calcid however can be lured without getting the boss, with arrows. Your Friend was a fail. But not a disgrace to the class. Just a little accident that anyone can make if you're not paying attention. I admit myself that I have been known to be a bit bossy at times in lower Bhs. But that's because I've done each of those Bhs... more then a hundred times each. I know the ins and outs. But I'm also not gonna send someone that I'm leading out in the cold if they mess up. If they mess up I go and save them. Then tell them to be more careful and not to stray from the party. Before I do a boss I make sure everyone is present and not afk miles away. If anyone attacks it before the other person is there :P I Roll my eyes at them, steal aggro and run it safely near where the afk person is. BH Squads usually don't fail. It's 1 or two members in it that do, Usually the tanks.. Or sorry about this.. Wizards and archers. The Dds who can't put a lid on it, and the barbs that haven't equipted themselves properly. Ie. no charm. No potions, hardly leveled aggro skills. Also Clerics can be the direct result of a party wipe. The ones that are Dding instead of healing the tank. The ones that ignore People who have mobs on them, that kinda thing. I don't think I've ever been called a Fail Archer.. I've Made myself super hybrid (Over 10k Hp when buffed) I Can do things other Archers can't like tanking And when I'm in a Bh I don't steal aggro. And judging by my level it seems to be working well for me. The Only People that call me a Fail Archer Are other Archers. That can't do what I do.. And Steal aggro over and over in Instances. Grats.. My Advice for you, is to level out of that range of Bhs, and get into the higher ones. That's where you get to do Bhs with people that actually know their Class. (except the oracle noobs who have a high level with no experience what-so-ever). And If the Barb isn't as smart as the plant on your Dinner table.. Just ignore him...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I support true forms :3
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can certainly understand the skepticism some posters have expressed at the OP's side of things and do believe it's healthy to question the details and to try to speak for the other side. However a basic assumption is people post their anecdotes in good faith and they do deserve the benefit of doubt.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can certainly understand the skepticism some posters have expressed at the OP's side of things and do believe it's healthy to question the details and to try to speak for the other side. However a basic assumption is people post their anecdotes in good faith and they do deserve the benefit of doubt.

I also understand the skepticism. However.

I can assure you all that there was no reason for the barb to be irritated with us prior to his constant demanding on what we should do and his repetitive "Fushma is coming!" warnings even when he isn't with the rest of the squad because he decided he wanted to kill the guardian on his own. Nobody had failed, everybody already knew what they were doing without instruction and the run had been going just fine without him telling everybody what to do.

Yes, I posted this from my own opinion. But nowhere have I lied or skipped details. I admitted to name calling and being rude when I had finally had enough. The details I happened to skip was the conversation between myself and the cleric, which had been about fashion. Or perhaps you would like to hear that, because it clearly has relevance to the story?

No. Yes, my post was from my own honest opinion. This does not mean I have "skipped details" to make this barb look bad. I posted honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately, this situation happens everywhere. With the lovely things called oracles, hyper stones, BH's, players level too damned fast to learn how to play their classes efficiently. I do have an alt of my own, an archer, and hey, I've cause party wipes on it myself; but I apologized and we moved on. People will always tell other players to learn how to play their class because they don't understand how to control it themselves. My main is an 100 BM, and with a recent weapon change, I've found myself in the need to learn how to watch my damage output so I don't pull agro. I do agree that if the barb decided that he was going to lead the squad, he should have done something in an attempt to save the veno. With all of these oracle babies, and hyper addicts, if BH runs are hell, imagine TT instances and ultimately what TW is going to be like. Sorry to break it to you oracle/hyper heads, level and gear don't make a good player, experience does. I've been playing this game for a year and a half now, and even with my 100 BM, I'm not expert, I am still learning things.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Reminds me of a bit of a BM I was squadded with once. He started out complaining about all of the previous "bad squads" he'd been in, and we all sympathized. Then once we started the BH, he ended up causing one mess after another. One of the other members of the squad PMed me, and it went something like this:

OtherSquadMember whispers: What the heck is wrong with this guy?
    Me whispers back: I think we now know the reason he's been in so many "bad squads".
    OtherSquadMember whispers: LOL yes. b:chuckle

Some people seem to be absolutely unaware that they are the source of their own problems, and blame everyone else. And because it's "everyone else's fault", they never learn. b:cold