New Server!

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
header_030910_NewServer.jpg

With PWI more popular than ever and continuing to grow, the time has come to open up a new server!

Archosaur Server (PvE), launching on March 17th, will be our fourth server on the west coast, and seventh server overall!

Interested in a new chance at topping our upcoming Player and Faction rankings? Been waiting for an opportunity to start taking over monster-infested Territories again? Those opportunities will arrive in eight short days!

Archosaur server will be open for character creation as soon as maintenance ends on March 17th, so those of you who need to reserve your names, take note!

See you there!
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sweet, I may have to visit it after it is implemented. >:]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Too late =P. Already like 6 threads about them b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Be prepared for the "Why isn't it PvP?" QQing.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Oh, it has already begun. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    First page

Why isn't it PvP QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    Happy?

EDIT: First QQ!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Barb_nico - Harshlands
    Barb_nico - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    come one we have 4 pve and 2pvp lets make one pvp
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

yep lol

I_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Ryohki - Raging Tide
    Ryohki - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    New PvP server ftw. Best part of the game are the epic fights when your 4x-6x at the start of a new server. As for the current PvP servers, LC is too crowded and you're a lowbie there if under 90 anyways, and HL...there's just nothing to be said...It's self explanatory.

b:thanks PvP plawks
  • _Whisper_ - Raging Tide
    _Whisper_ - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    4PVE v 2PVP.

4 overpopulated by newbies as well as TWers who love getting pay

VS

2 underpopulated because of the sheep effect making 2 guilds strong and others weak.
    All we need is diversity in the guilds in a new PVP server and it will be fine....Jk....Gimme a pvp server plz....

Also it has been put to a poll and it seems PVP servers is more wanted then PVE servers. And as well Lost City is very overpopulated and it is a West Coast Server, they need some space 2

If there is enough people who want PVP server, can it be "PVP by popular demand" like seriously....
    [SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    4PVE v 2PVP.

4 overpopulated by newbies as well as TWers who love getting pay

VS

2 underpopulated because of the sheep effect making 2 guilds strong and others weak.
    All we need is diversity in the guilds in a new PVP server and it will be fine....Jk....Gimme a pvp server plz....

Also it has been put to a poll and it seems PVP servers is more wanted then PVE servers. And as well Lost City is very overpopulated and it is a West Coast Server, they need some space 2

If there is enough people who want PVP server, can it be "PVP by popular demand" like seriously....

You make this plea like it will change anything. Notice how frankie redirects the threads here : "Please post your Thoughts on the new server". Implying, nothing is going to change, suck it up cupcake.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Yachiru - Harshlands
    Yachiru - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    QQQQQQQQQQ

PvP Please, i would threaten the GM's but i dunno if its bannable >:D

PVP b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide
    Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pve again??....FAIL
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You make this plea like it will change anything. Notice how frankie redirects the threads here : "Please post your Thoughts on the new server". Implying, nothing is going to change, suck it up cupcake.

it could happen u dream killer >.> now calm down, sit back and enjoy the ride.

<watches trolling begin>
    [SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    New PvP server ftw. Best part of the game are the epic fights when your 4x-6x at the start of a new server. As for the current PvP servers, LC is too crowded and you're a lowbie there if under 90 anyways, and HL...there's just nothing to be said...It's self explanatory.

b:thanks PvP plawks

lol too crowded...I suppose that's why there's more than tw- oh wait...

The 4 PvE servers and a possible 5th one is pretty much self explanatory. PvE is in for popular demand.b:laugh

People are saying PvP is what makes the game epic, but if that is so then why are so many people quitting the PvP servers? Obviously in a few months (possibly weeks with hyper stones) time that "epicness" you guys are preaching about will die. Hyper Stones, anni-packs, and oracles anyone?
  • Beldor - Harshlands
    Beldor - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    PvE server? Give me a break, seriously.

Like they mentioned above, "PvP by popular demand"
    edited March 2010
    Options
    patrick-stewart-more-pewpew.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Options

The 4 PvE servers and a possible 5th one is pretty much self explanatory. PvE is in for popular demand.b:laugh

People are saying PvP is what makes the game epic, but if that is so then why are so many people quitting the PvP servers? Obviously in a few months (possibly weeks with hyper stones) time that "epicness" you guys are preaching about will die. Hyper Stones, anni-packs, and oracles anyone?

only difference between PVP and PVE quit rates is that PVE servers are continually flooded by newbies while the PVP server are for the vets that wanna PK/PVP when they want to that cash shop to high levels and get into one of the better guilds. Nuff said

• BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:cry Its too early for a new server, what's going to happen to Raging Tide?

I seriously don't want another server yet.... I already have Harshlands and Raging Tide.. Now Archosaur... b:sweat... Oh no...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Barb_nico - Harshlands
    Barb_nico - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pve again??....FAIL

agree b:victory
  • Ryohki - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options

PvE by popular demand? b:question lol...mmkay sure. Yeah I have to agree that with the annipacks everyone oracled/hypered to a high lvl. TW on HL fails unless your in Kylin or KD. Was the same on LC for a while, and is gonna end up like that again. I'm not saying that in the long run PvP servers are better, at least, not yet anyways. But they're a hell of a lot more fun in the beginning than PvE servers.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    PvE by popular demand? b:question lol...mmkay sure. Yeah I have to agree that with the annipacks everyone oracled/hypered to a high lvl. TW on HL fails unless your in Kylin or KD. Was the same on LC for a while, and is gonna end up like that again. I'm not saying that in the long run PvP servers are better, at least, not yet anyways. But they're a hell of a lot more fun in the beginning than PvE servers.

All we need is Guild diversity. Guilds that can beat each other as well as get beaten by others. Guild diversity on map=More epic TW which overall makes more people happy.

• Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Frankie Please check this Topic out, i think it relays alot of thought from people who cashshop more then the non cashshoppers. think of it as a pertition to get the server changed or just our thoughts on ANOTHER PVE server, so soon since raging tides launch, which for all the QQers is less populated then any other server.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=648532

also for thoes who have thoughts on this please vote and leave ur message in that link too. b:kiss RedsRoseb:dirty
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oh god stop complaining i think PVE is a good idea. and explain to me why do i see ppl wanting a PVP when they have an 80+ on a PVE b:sweat busted b:cute plus really when this server gets out, plz all u lvl 20-'s get off HT and free up west arch plz b:cry i dont lag but god is it annoying
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options

Yes by popular demand, ask one of the GMs why sanctuary was opened in the first place. Or simply search it. Popular demand doesn't always go by words and polls, in this case they go by server capacity.

And you just proved my point in the last thread I posted in. :P I stated in that thread in a few weeks the epicness you guys are preaching about will die out. I understand you guys want competitive PvP, but with the way things are now with PWE and the cash shop that competitiveness will be short-lived.
  • Ryohki - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    All we need is Guild diversity. Guilds that can beat each other as well as get beaten by others. Guild diversity on map=More epic TW which overall makes more people happy.

Agree. RT atm is good for that. And so it seems as the other PvE servers. That's what I like most about the start of a new server. b:cute
    Yes by popular demand, ask one of the GMs why sanctuary was opened in the first place. Or simply search it. Popular demand doesn't always go by words and polls, in this case they go by server capacity.

And you just proved my point in the last thread I posted in. :P I stated in that thread in a few weeks the epicness you guys are preaching about will die out. I understand you guys want competitive PvP, but with the way things are now with PWE and the cash shop that competitiveness will be short-lived.

Psh, statistics and logs, who needs em >.> It's a game, games are meant to be played and have fun, as it stands now, majority of the people on forums would like PvP. Maybe the PvE servers are so full cause the current PvP servers suck?
    And I'm not saying it doesnt die. I agree totally. That's why I went to RT when it came out, and at first there was a decent amount of PvP but it's gotten quite slow as people are switching servers or quitting the game. As I just stated -points- up there, I'm in it for the beginning of the server where nothing is determined. That's all. People play for different reasons, and that's mine.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    All this QQ and me with no umbrella. b:cry Accept new server as PvE or GTFO. kthxbai.
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Stop Making New Servers. This doesn't help at all. You are killing the game with your "progress". 7 Servers and not even one of them is close to being overpopulated.

I mean what are you motives besides money?

If anything there needs to be a server merge between the dieing servers.

I know this has been said forever but, frankie isn't turning out to be like a hoped. 200 Posts within 2 monthes. Thats 200 Interactions with the community and half of them just saying "Closing thread because blah blah blah". The GMs of this game are becoming lazy. They've promised me help for an ingame mistake they made but everytime i have the opportunity to utilize their help it takes 5 hours for them to assist me with a month long promise.

I don't know what to blame this on... All the good GMs going to other games, the greediness of the game, or their laziness.
  • Zexion - Raging Tide
    Zexion - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So, this means anni packs will be coming out in another week or two right?

Anyway, onto topic... what... exactly is the reason behind this? No way in hell are the PvE servers full... I mean, RT came out 2 and a half months ago... This is merely a marketing strategy. They saw how much money they got off of oracles and whatnot on RT, so they wanna milk the players for all they're worth. If it was PvP, I could understand, but another PvE so soon only makes sense if PWE is after more money that comes from the new server rush. Whats the point of a new PvE server? If the game is growing, at least make it PvP server so the new people can see what life is like on that end.
    If you would please, allow me to interject with an interjection into your conversation which requires, an interjecting. For if I'm to understand correctly and correctly understand the present situation, which I may or may not understand correctly, then it seems that you all don't make sense at all.
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options

Psh, statistics and logs, who needs em >.> It's a game, games are meant to be played and have fun, as it stands now, majority of the people on forums would like PvP. Maybe the PvE servers are so full cause the current PvP servers suck?
    And I'm not saying it doesnt die. I agree totally. That's why I went to RT when it came out, and at first there was a decent amount of PvP but it's gotten quite slow as people are switching servers or quitting the game. As I just stated -points- up there, I'm in it for the beginning of the server where nothing is determined. That's all. People play for different reasons, and that's mine.

Well if PvE servers are constantly being created that must mean that it's fun no? O.o And yes the people on the forums. People on the forums =/= the whole player base. I myself would welcome PvP with open arms if PWE did not provide cashshoppers with such a huge advantage.
  • Ryohki - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Stop Making New Servers. This doesn't help at all. You are killing the game with your "progress". 7 Servers and not even one of them is close to being overpopulated.

I mean what are you motives besides money?

If anything there needs to be a server merge between the dieing servers

I know this has been said forever but, frankie isn't turning out to be like a hoped. 200 Posts within 2 monthes. Thats 200 Interactions with the community and half of them just saying "Closing thread because blah blah blah". The GMs of this game are becoming lazy. They've promised me help for an ingame mistake they made but everytime i have the opportunity to utilize their help it takes 5 hours for them to assist me with a month long promise.

I don't know what to blame this on... All the good GMs going to other games, the greediness of the game, or their laziness.

If there was a "Like" button, I'd be pressing it about now.
    Well if PvE servers are constantly being created that must mean that it's fun no? O.o And yes the people on the forums. People on the forums =/= the whole player base. I myself would welcome PvP with open arms if PWE did not provide cashshoppers with such a huge advantage.

Free to play, pay to win. Unless you're a herc veno and can farm HH all day. b:bye
This discussion has been closed.