A Question About PWI to everyone (including the GM's)

2»

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The only thing that surprises me is PWI don't even try to hide their greed. There's no covering it up or being subtle.

I'm under the impression that with BoI and Forsaken World coming out this year, both of which are ambitious MMOs to say the least, PWI has fallen from the limelight and is now a money-making scheme to either fund these two new games or... just to generally make money.

I think PWE's focus currently lies elsewhere, which is why they have been so blatantly obvious about their marketing schemes here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Eh, nothing wrong with levelling quickly, as long as they have some decent end game instances. Which they have, and have recently added to, and are about to add more to. Christ, you guys make me feel like a PWE pr guy.

Edit: Also....people said the same thing about new games being released the first time Anniversary packs came out. I forget the name of the game, **** or something. These forums were rife with QQers sounding the death knell.

Discuss.
  • callias
    callias Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    you can tell QQers like me to unistall the game and stop playing it, but when we QQers do stop playing this game your gonna swallow everything you said and cry for people to come back and play this game, im gonna be honest im not even playing this game , i log in or 5 min check things out and log out, ive lost motivation in this game.

Oh yeah forsaken world and the other game they got, its gonna be so fail, cause why should people join another stupid game theese guys has made? specially when they know what the future will look like in game "GIVE ME MONEY AND YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO WORK FOR UR STUFF, YOU JUST COMPLETED THE GAME IN 1 DAY! UR AWESOMEb:victory"
    seriously **** that.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Ah, there we go. The troll, distilled from the beef stock of internet rage. Doesn't play the game, yet complains about it. Nice true colors there, callias
  • callias
    edited March 2010
    Ah, there we go. The troll, distilled from the beef stock of internet rage. Doesn't play the game, yet complains about it. Nice true colors there, callias

Oh wow i think ur right, but for some reason i dont careb:thanks

and no, i never said that im not playing this game, i said that i log in for a couple of min to check things then i log out, you fail b:laugh
  • HoIly - Harshlands
    HoIly - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    PWI international is only used to make quick money so they can invest the profits on the new upcoming games...emo.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    PWI international is only used to make quick money so they can invest the profits on the new upcoming games...emo.

people have been saying that since the game came out from beta.... and of course they are making money to pay for new games. how do you think they pay the developers?????

Current games always pay for future releases, even Blizzard uses the money from one version to develop the next upgrade.... geez

I am sure they are already developing a new game that will come out in a year or two. That is how game companies stay in business..... if that was not the case, we would still be playing pong on a black and white TV.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Cap the gold prices at 100k. lol. See what happens. It would make non cash shoppers happy, but guess what would happen? No kidding, people would stop buying gold. Because of the feel of its worth. Prices of other things, logically, would go down, but we players are too stubborn to let that happen. So eventually everyone would run out of gold through selling, buying, etc and we'd be screwed as far as that goes. b:chuckle There's little worth in actually buy zen/gold with real money when you can't sell it for much after getting a taste of what you can get out of it.

Damn... I just depressed myself.. b:sad Can't be fixed. :< We can only spiral down beloooow.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • callias
    edited March 2010
    Well blizzard is doing a good job it seems, not alot of people that complains about blizzard.
    their games lasted for over 6 years, just look at Starcraft, people is still playing that game.
    lol, comparing blizzard to pwi wasnt a good idea
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    okay this is theoretically and probably won't work, because it needs the players to do it, and if not a huge amount help on it, it will be a huge waste of "money" for the few trying.

That gold goes up, is because the players set it higher. That they can only do if ppl buy their gold at those prices. So in teory this could be changed if ppl refused to buy gold lets say over 200k just to start somewhere and later over 150k etc. 100k a gold is okay fair i think or it would almosst be too easy lol =P. Also then the risky part would be for a huge amount of players selling gold at 200k clean (just to take an exampel) But if not a HUGE amount of ppl do this, then it fails. and fact is those who have the most gold to do so, doesn't really need gold to be low lol, cuz they r already cashplaying and using real money on it b:bye

Just a suggestion that probably fails, at least the last part.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    okay this is theoretically and probably won't work, because it needs the players to do it, and if not a huge amount help on it, it will be a huge waste of "money" for the few trying.

That gold goes up, is because the players set it higher. That they can only do if ppl buy their gold at those prices. So in teory this could be changed if ppl refused to buy gold lets say over 200k just to start somewhere and later over 150k etc. 100k a gold is okay fair i think or it would almosst be too easy lol =P. Also then the risky part would be for a huge amount of players selling gold at 200k clean (just to take an exampel) But if not a HUGE amount of ppl do this, then it fails. and fact is those who have the most gold to do so, doesn't really need gold to be low lol, cuz they r already cashplaying and using real money on it b:bye

Just a suggestion that probably fails, at least the last part.

Heh, you're not the first to think of that.

A) Gold is high because there is at least something worth it. Notice how as soon as the dragon orb sale ended, gold dropped ~30k. Atm gold's just high because people are stocking up for when it goes higher, so they can sell it for profit.

B) No one would do it anyway, obvious reasons.

C) Gold can't go below 200k; coin boxes give you 1m but cost a perfect hammer (5 gold) to open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    perfect hammer came out when gold was around 150k, it drove the gold price to borderline 200k.
    from what i would guess, gold is never going to fall below 300k unless someone suddenly unloads like 2k gold into the market for 250k. there are more coins circulating in the economy, while the drop rate of mobs remain the same the 2 perfect token = 10mil from packs placed a large amount of coins into the market, it is also part of the reason why gold price is so high.
    having sucky sales for a few week will lower gold price but there will be a limit. when sales arent good, zen charges will also decrease since there is now less incentive to charge, lower supply of gold in market, gold prices stop dropping and finds a balance in the price line for supply/demand. since everyone is basically used to the 350k+ gold, i doubt the player base will actually allow the gold price to drop 2 far below 300k if ever.

also someone said u have to do FCC and BHs. well i have personally only ever done 1 FCC, and i did it when i was lvl 99. BH came out after i was already 95+ and i stopped doing it after hitting 97. i never used a hyperstone, the # of exp scrolls i used can be counted on 2 hands. people now days are getting spoiled with all these exp boosts>.> its like they expect going from lvl 1-100 should only take a month for the average player.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Actually Suiryujin, you're slightly mistaken. Perfect hammer came out when gold was 150k, yes,but it was the chest of coins that drove gold to (and fixed it permanently at ) 200k. For a while, people would profit from buying a hammer to open their supply stash, then selling the items from it (me, specifically).
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Look in all this forum melee I just want to say my only real problem with those ppl who lvl from 1 - 100 in a week using cash or whatever, is simple. MOST of them suck , they have no game skills or idea about what they need to do for their class. They get us killed often in instances. As for all this QQ about PWI being all about money, DUH, sure there a lil bit overt but oh well, you all know it takes money too keep the game going. I do feel a tiny bit ignored as they keep pumping out new games from the company, none of which I have yet even thought about trying out , I do love this game and at least want to get thru to say 100 and what not.

Tojop you made me ROFL
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    People are saying PWE = greedy but it is not just PWE... they blame things like those lottery ticket items that hardly ever give you anything : anni packs or hyper EXP but the fact of the matter is not only are companies greedy... the community playing the game is greedy. You go and say the company is greedy however when you resell something in the game you want the most amount of coins for your item.

The fact that you think someone is going to spend real cash and give it to you for a low amount of virtual cash is beyond ridiculous. Get over it.
  • Gromskull - Harshlands
    Gromskull - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    People. Is not all that bad. The game is changeing. Was it ok when all high lvls had the same wepapons? No it wasn't. Is it ok that armours look the same? No it isn't. Diversity!!! That is what all people asked for. Now it's here and you complaint
    In order for me to get back on topic. How manny people were 100+ when nirvana came out? 10-20? So from what i understand it would have been fine to let those people farm their end game eq and get more OP. And what if on a ''young'' server there is no 100 cleric? Or barb? How would nirvana be farmed? The idea was to allow people to reach high lvl in less than 3-4 months.
    On the other hand you don' need to CS to get hyper stones. Do u know u can buy one for 250k? I've spent 3mil for 10 stones that got me from 85 to 89. Is 3mil really that imposible to get?
    The damage has been done people. Now they have to keep hyper stones out and anny packs to give all non CS people a chance to get good gear or high lvl's
    So quit QQ-ing. Change is allways good
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Most people agry about publisher using, " Help player lv up quickly " strategy . b:chuckle
    Because there also a publisher with, " Make player lv so slow " strategy. b:laugh
    And they both got complains. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    you all complain over a F2P that doesnt force you to pay for anything. More lvl100+ content would be nice to have yeah but besides that i dont see what there is to complain about. PWI is a casual mmorpg. You dont have to play the game to get all of the end game items you want. Thats very appleaing to ppl with lives that actually work in the real world. If you dont cash shop you play the game to get those end game items. Leveling is so easy you dont need to hyper to do it. Just doing all the dailies alone gives you a ton of experience. Simply put if you dont like the game you play, why are you still playing it?
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • cebo1033
    cebo1033 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Simply put if you dont like the game you play, why are you still playing it?

Because they are trying to change things.
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    cebo1033 wrote: »
    Because they are trying to change things.
    Once again, there's a difference between criticsim and constructive critisim.

The OP is just flameing the company in this thread. Blameing them for everything. PWI is a casual game that allows players to purchase everything they would ever need/ want. If your into hardcore gameing this isnt the place for you.

No matter how many polls u post up if PWE in america cant change something because of the parent comany in beijing they just cant do it. Why you all dont get that and continually make dumb threads about topics that have been discussed 100 times baffles me.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • cebo1033
    edited March 2010

The OP is just flameing the company in this thread. Blameing them for everything. PWI is a casual game that allows players to purchase everything they would ever need/ want. If your into hardcore gameing this isnt the place for you.

No matter how many polls u post up if PWE in america cant change something because of the parent comany in beijing they just cant do it. Why you all dont get that and continually make dumb threads about topics that have been discussed 100 times baffles me.

The devs in China aren't the problem. It's these ridiculous sales that people have been saying are messing up the game.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    cebo1033 wrote: »
    The devs in China aren't the problem. It's these ridiculous sales that people have been saying are messing up the game.

Sales? Not really. I think BH has done more to ruin the game than anything else.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • cebo1033
    edited March 2010
    Sales? Not really. I think BH has done more to ruin the game than anything else.

I agree that BHs are pretty bad now. PVE is pretty much dead and you've convinced me of that in one of your threads.
  • KohakuNushi - Lost City
    KohakuNushi - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    all u say in begining i agreeeddd much but let think sonthing:

1- Sad they never change their methods , even if we make 10000000 post about that.
    2- Play this game since beta and i leard something GM, DEV ,MOD whatever are blind for this kind of post.
    3- More we want sonthing in thi sgame less chance to get it.
    4-many people love gold sales and stuff like that cauze thei CashOppers and they no play they only lvl like crazy and sux in game.
    5-if we QQ much this discussion will be closed.

so cazue this game are their not our and is a bussines we are Fried like potatoes .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cebo1033
    edited March 2010
    we are Fried like potatoes .....

Lol, I love that.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Quoted for truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.