What can/can't a Blademaster tank?

2»

Comments

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    All the bosses in 59 have magic attacks aswell, and those things hurt like hell if you don't have a good cleric(assuming your not a level 80-90+ bm that is).

Actually, most bosses have magic attacks, but they mostly melee you and cast once every few hits. If he was talking about those bosses then using LA to take more damage on the melee and less on the magic hits is impractical since Shadowless and timed spark can stop a big portion of those. If he was talking about magic only boss, herc's the only boss that I can think of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    49 cult. 8X really? O_o

Tanked mine with 2 clerics b:chuckle. He's not that hard once his dmg cut in half up close and you have Marrow on.

lol... not that hard, at the level of the quest it's one of the hardest bosses on PWI. Maybe you should go back on an alt and check b:chuckle. That's like saying you tanked Chintien 1-1 Squad at lvl 50. Might be possible, but certainly not likely with two 4x-5x clerics. b:cute
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I should... btw oracle IIs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A high level blademaster with 10-12k base hp and 2.5 attacks per second or greater can tank basically anything in the game save harpy wraith (you can with less hp and attack speed but this is safer). Harpy would probably require over 20k hp for a bm to tank it if thats possible...so we are talking like full +12 refines there. Physical immune bosses and some special instance bosses can also be a problem. Blademasters can even perform the barbs job in delta given they have enough base hp (over 14k base from what ive seen), know what they are doing, and have well refined axe/hammer weapons to hold aggro better with.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A high level blademaster with 10-12k base hp and 2.5 attacks per second or greater can tank basically anything in the game save harpy wraith (you can with less hp and attack speed but this is safer). Harpy would probably require over 20k hp for a bm to tank it if thats possible...so we are talking like full +12 refines there. Physical immune bosses and some special instance bosses can also be a problem. Blademasters can even perform the barbs job in delta given they have enough base hp (over 14k base from what ive seen), know what they are doing, and have well refined axe/hammer weapons to hold aggro better with.

From what I understand, you need a barb with over 25k HP. There are plenty of world bosses that a 10-12k HP BM probably couldn't tank. Zerhee, who sometimes posts in these forums just hit over 20k hp w/lvl11 buff. Absolutely insane. :<

Our mage is a pro-barb gathering in Delta... the return back is where non-barbs usually die. Mages can distance shrink, as a BM I cannot. Even holy path won't save me in later stages, but I only have 8.5k hp. Still need to break that 10k mark. ugh
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.