Can this build still work?

Options
Belheldar - Harshlands
Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Venomancer
ok im currently a lvl 33 LA veno but id like to be a AAveno....is this possible if i just add 3 more dex(get to 40dex for extra crit) then dump all my points into mag til i need to start putting thme into str again (lvl 65?)
Post edited by Belheldar - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok im currently a lvl 33 LA veno but id like to be a AAveno....is this possible if i just add 3 more dex(get to 40dex for extra crit) then dump all my points into mag til i need to start putting thme into str again (lvl 65?)

Well, you'll never be pure arcane. You'll be "Arcane with a pot of dex".

You should be able to wear arcane armour now however, if you've been doing 1,1,3. If not - what ARE your stats?
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    they are 1-1-3, so ill still have comparable dmg/heal to an arcane veno?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    they are 1-1-3, so ill still have comparable dmg/heal to an arcane veno?

No, you'll have identical healing and slightly more (because of crits) damage than a hybrid veno who has 40 points of vit - and, of course, won't have the advantage of having 40 points of vit.

Forty points is a fairly hefty chunk of the total point available to you. By no means all of them, but quite a few.

Edit:
    Veno's are more forgiving of misplaced stat points than many other classes. I've got some dex and some vit and it's not hurt me any - personally I'd not worry too much about it.
    Though I do intend to reset my dex some time.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yes, your plan will work fine. You could actually even add a bit of vit if you find you need some extra HP. You will have to get rid of the extra Dex eventually however, as it will hurt your performance since the missing 35 points would have a large impact on either your mag or vit scores. I would take it easy and start saving what i can spare, although gold will likely be going up in the spring, so keep that in mind.

Yes, venos are the most forgiving class when it comes to stat allocation.