lost city or harshland?

what class should i reroll with?

ive been thinking sin :p, but still unsure
Post edited by olossus on

Comments

• Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well, to choose your best server, check their ping and choose the lower.

for your caracter, choose it by your preference ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • olossus
    olossus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    what does the ping thing do? >.<"
  • Adagio - Lost City
    Adagio - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Determines the amount of lag you will have playing on the server. I assume that if you are on Dreamweaver that you live east coast. So choose harshlands in that case.
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well the best PvP server is the one that your ping is lower since both PvP servers are fun. Starting out with sin is cool since they are amazing in PvP but be aware that as an Archer you would still be decent in group PvP (which is the most fun type of PvP imo) cause they are not squishy but a the same time not hard to kill. Wizzard is also a good option ONLY IF you plan to cash shop or get excellent gear be4 85~89 or you plan to get to endgame (by endgame I mean 95 at least). Clerics own in PvP if you have the correct build and skills, be it solo PvP or group PvP. Barbarians if vit build only start killing ppl at level 70 when they get xs and later on they start killing every1 with armageddon. Blademasters are very versatile in PvP and overall really useful in group PvP to control the opponents with stuns (fist BMs with 2 hits per sec are very good in solo PvP endgame). Venomancers are the easiest class used to kill ppl in PvP since you dont really need to do much if you have a good pet, but agaisnt better opponents is when veno skills will be needed (I mean get a nix and start rolling face on the keyboard). Psychics are like venomancers without pets with good attack power and good defence and offense choices. They are fast with the spells and hit hard, but they also die fast when they start hitting hard. Good luck :)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lost City is older so the server has more players and more drama, bigger population basically.

Guess depends what you like o.o Some people prefer smaller population and less drama. Have to so say when i log my alt on Harshlands it seems kinda empty compared to LC, but i dunno maybe its timezones.

Most important is which server has lowest ping and least lag for you tho. Pretty sure both LC and HL can be really fun if you get to know nice people.

I would make a sin instead of archer, they are far more effective if you wanna gank people. Archers cost so much money to if you wanna gear them up for pvp, all tho they are more effective for TW than sins.
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm on LC and I live on the east coast. No problem with lag except in Arch. My sin is only lv 49, so I can't comment much on PVP.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • olossus
    olossus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    kk thks guys im going sin on harshlands now :P
  • Loss - Harshlands
    Loss - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Harshlands >.>b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Loss Is Liveb:laugh
  • Icrosser - Harshlands
    Icrosser - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yeah deff harshlands :p
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My sin is on LC, only level 33. I already have 35 hours of infamous :<

PVP is so addicting. . . BUT RPK IS THE BOMB ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Almon - Lost City
    Almon - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lost City... With people like me on this server, how can things NOT be interesting?
    Sad enough to say, alone we can barely light a match, but together we can burn this place down
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lost City... With people like me on this server, how can things NOT be interesting?

damn your 99? ;o
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Almon - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    haha, should be 102... been playing forever. I could be 100, even after how lazy I've been... haven't even done dailies in the whole time I've been lvl 99 now. I've been at 12.4% for 9 days.
    Sad enough to say, alone we can barely light a match, but together we can burn this place down
    edited April 2010
    haha, should be 102... been playing forever. I could be 100, even after how lazy I've been... haven't even done dailies in the whole time I've been lvl 99 now. I've been at 12.4% for 9 days.

if i was still playing i'de be lvl 87 by now ^^
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    LC pride! b:dirty If everyone didn't have ridiculous gear from all the CS events lately I'd be back in a heartbeat... I miss the days when +5 and flawless shards were a luxury... b:surrender
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
    edited April 2010
    LC pride! b:dirty If everyone didn't have ridiculous gear from all the CS events lately I'd be back in a heartbeat... I miss the days when +5 and flawless shards were a luxury... b:surrender

this. + <><>
  • Almon - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Yeah... GX's with Perfect Gems are even seen as "average" now... it's friggin ridiculous.
    edited April 2010
    Yeah... GX's with Perfect Gems are even seen as "average" now... it's friggin ridiculous.

i was so poor beautiful shards meant "OMG i finally have decent shards in my armor X_x" and +3 equipts was never reachable :\ i forgot what made all these ppl get such epic gear
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lost City - Fun server, but alot cash-shopers, no fun when you have +3 gear, and other one player have +10/+12 gear and 1/2 shot you. So, I'm tired of this game... PWI 1st rule: "No money - no funny". I hate those people who's spend +10 000 $ to game... PWE, enjoy it, you get alot of money, but this game no more fun like ~1 year ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited April 2010
    Lost City - Fun server, but alot cash-shopers, no fun when you have +3 gear, and other one player have +10/+12 gear and 1/2 shot you. So, I'm tired of this game... PWI 1st rule: "No money - no funny". I hate those people who's spend +10 000 $ to game... PWE, enjoy it, you get alot of money, but this game no more fun like ~1 year ago.

It stopped being fun when I quit.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • Almon - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Yeah... kinda got **** since we lost any player who could actually PLAY their class. Now we've just got CSers who have no idea what to do, but because of their gear... it doesn't matter.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah... kinda got **** since we lost any player who could actually PLAY their class. Now we've just got CSers who have no idea what to do, but because of their gear... it doesn't matter.

you talk like this game requires so much effort to learn about your class, a normal player would only need around 2 months to learn the ins and out of his/her class after they got too endgame and I can also name alot of LC and HL players that have heavy csed gear and know how to play their class.
    In the end I perhaps will have to agree that this game is really based in gears, u either cash shop alot or spend alot of time farming coins in-game to compete against the best players(best in gear); I still like playing pwi even though it got like that, but I will eventually get bored and tired of it xD
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited April 2010
    you talk like this game requires so much effort to learn about your class, a normal player would only need around 2 months to learn the ins and out of his/her class after they got too endgame and I can also name alot of LC and HL players that have heavy csed gear and know how to play their class.
    In the end I perhaps will have to agree that this game is really based in gears, u either cash shop alot or spend alot of time farming coins in-game to compete against the best players(best in gear); I still like playing pwi even though it got like that, but I will eventually get bored and tired of it xD

That's relative to the person. I've played with quite a few people since the game was in closed beta and all having the same amount of time put into the game/learning their characters, only a few fully understood their role and how to use every aspect of their skill base appropriately. It's especially easy to see this now days where you have a bunch of oracleing newfags running around on their 9x characters acting all good because they CS all their gear but honestly have no clue how to chain their skills correctly. Next time I see a noob 9x cleric waste 2 sparks to cast tempest on me I'm gonna flip out.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • _Aman_ - Lost City
    _Aman_ - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Next time I see a noob 9x cleric waste 2 sparks to cast tempest on me I'm gonna flip out.

Why ? o.O;;

( Disclaimer : i dont own a cleric , my friend does.. he loves Tempest b:surrender )
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited April 2010

Why ? o.O;;

( Disclaimer : i dont own a cleric , my friend does.. he loves Tempest b:surrender )

Fact: Tempest is a waste of 2 sparks in PvP except in select mass PvP situations. Wield thunder combos are your friend.

Not to mention it being used on another robe class....

INB4 NOOB EP RAGE.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • _Aman_ - Lost City
    _Aman_ - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hmm.. hez psycho PKer :P
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    pvp server is no diffrent cept that u can kill ppl that dont want to pk.
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Untamedf - Lost City
    Untamedf - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    LC ftw b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hmm hi?
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    forget pvp unless you can afford +12 refines b:surrender
  • Jittery - Lost City
    Jittery - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lost City is older so the server has more players and more drama, bigger population basically.

Guess depends what you like o.o Some people prefer smaller population and less drama. Have to so say when i log my alt on Harshlands it seems kinda empty compared to LC, but i dunno maybe its timezones.

Most important is which server has lowest ping and least lag for you tho. Pretty sure both LC and HL can be really fun if you get to know nice people.

I would make a sin instead of archer, they are far more effective if you wanna gank people. Archers cost so much money to if you wanna gear them up for pvp, all tho they are more effective for TW than sins.

wow.....i completely 100% agree with this post.