Nix venos...

Options
Must - Lost City
Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Barbarian
So this is my doubt, im a lvl 98 barb with decent gear, i fought lvl 100 archer wiz clerics and most of the times i won on pk 1 vs 1, but never have i killed a high lvl veno with nix...

So my question is how in the hell i can kill nix venos specially the heavy gears ones????
Post edited by Must - Lost City on

Comments

• Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Most of the time what kills you with the nixes is their bleed. Cauterize, genie skill, can stop this.

I also will invoke if possible. This gives me at least 20 seconds to kill them before I get hit hard.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    3 spark to purify the bleed when the stacked damage reaches critical mass, follow up by killing them with 500% damage.

Is this hard...?
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Perplexitie - Harshlands
    Perplexitie - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    3 spark to purify the bleed when the stacked damage reaches critical mass, follow up by killing them with 500% damage.

Is this hard...?

and then the veno kites him and laughs while triple spark wears off..is this hard?
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    and then the veno kites him and laughs while triple spark wears off..is this hard?

I guess for some people it must be. Can't say I have much of a problem pouncing on my prey when it's time to kill.

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    True emptiness the nix and one shot it.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I guess for some people it must be. Can't say I have much of a problem pouncing on my prey when it's time to kill.

sorry but this doesnt work against good venos, you will be instant purged.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

You must have slow venos on your server then. It doesnt work that way in pvp servers.

Veno just kites away til ur spark runs out and/or purges you.
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    Gimlett - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I dare say Lycanthar would just use ancestral rage, and hope the veno isn't prepared for movement debuffs, since he's 100. No kiting for the poor veno then
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Maybe the veno's on Sanctuary suck, but I think they would have something different to say ^^

Please note, purge has a cooldown. Suggestion - spark after purge.

Also - DUH.

Seriously, why do I get flammed when 95% of you just don't bother to think through your own questions? Maybe you should start your post with "ya know, I really have no ****ing clue when it comes to pvp strategy, can anyone help me?"

Try to remember there are far more skills available to each and every class than what you see on their skill tree.

Not surprisingly, the only person to suggest something outside the box was an archer...

Untamed really need to start using their heads b:surrender

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Also - DUH.

Seriously, why do I get flammed when 95% of you just don't bother to think through your own questions? Maybe you should start your post with "ya know, I really have no ****ing clue when it comes to pvp strategy, can anyone help me?"

Try to remember there are far more skills available to each and every class than what you see on their skill tree.

Not surprisingly, the only person to suggest something outside the box was an archer...

Untamed really need to start using their heads b:surrender

Gee, I can't begin to imagine why *you* get flamed.

Such a sunny personality, you should have people falling at your feet.

RedMenace

\Stay Classy!
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Do barbs really have that much problems with venos at high lvls o.o

A 100+ barb will absolutely molest me most of the times and all i can do really is kite and tick his hp charm over and over and hope that 100% armor break procs - which is the only way to kill someone with 15-20k hp. Most barbs with a brain will just run out of range in tiger and rebuff as soon as you purge them.

If i slip and let a 100+ barb in mele range and occult ice procs i will always die unless i have full genie energy. Even as heavy veno i don't have the phy def or hp to tank demon Onslaught + Armageddon. Also barbs with lvl 100 skill can purge you back, which is rather annoying or i guess ironic - being purged as a veno b:cry.

Im not the best pvper out there, but really only barbs that's a big problem 1v1 for most venos, which is why find it rather funny when barbs "only" have problems with venos. My conclusion is, untamed race is OP b:chuckle
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options

A 100+ barb will absolutely molest me most of the times and all i can do really is kite and tick his hp charm over and over and hope that 100% armor break procs - which is the only way to kill someone with 15-20k hp. Most barbs with a brain will just run out of range in tiger and rebuff as soon as you purge them.

If i slip and let a 100+ barb in mele range and occult ice procs i will always die unless i have full genie energy. Even as heavy veno i don't have the phy def or hp to tank demon Onslaught + Armageddon. Also barbs with lvl 100 skill can purge you back, which is rather annoying or i guess ironic - being purged as a veno b:cry.

Im not the best pvper out there, but really only barbs that's a big problem 1v1 for most venos, which is why find it rather funny when barbs "only" have problems with venos. My conclusion is, untamed race is OP b:chuckle

Well said! b:thanks

• Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

umm i may be wrong, but doesn't demon summer sprint nullify freeze?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    umm i may be wrong, but doesn't demon summer sprint nullify freeze?

No. Demon sprint is a pre-cast that prevents move debuffs (think wings of grace). Sage sprint is an actual purify for after you've been debuffed.
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    no matter how hard veno will hit u ...most of them can't break a barb 10 sec charm they first step is to debuff u

wait for them to do this invoke rebuff ur self and hope they not charmed so u can beat them

some PvP pots to absorb magic damage also help !!
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    No. Demon sprint is a pre-cast that prevents move debuffs (think wings of grace). Sage sprint is an actual purify for after you've been debuffed.

yea, so when you have demon summer sprint on, freeze from occult ice can't affect you?

btw, i said nullify, not purify, i know that demon summer sprint doesn't get rid of debuffs, im asking if it can protect you from movement debuffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Most of the time what kills you with the nixes is their bleed.

I totally disagree with this statement.

The bleed deals very little damage to Barbs compared to the magic attacks. If the veno is full magic, I usually ignore the nix and try to take out the veno asap. The pet wont kill you on its own, the veno is what deals the damage and ultimately kills you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So this is my doubt, im a lvl 98 barb with decent gear, i fought lvl 100 archer wiz clerics and most of the times i won on pk 1 vs 1, but never have i killed a high lvl veno with nix...

So my question is how in the hell i can kill nix venos specially the heavy gears ones????

To ignore all of the other responses for the moment...

STUN THE VENO! If they do not carry anything to help get them out of that mess then the only thing pecking at you for the moment is the pet (nix in this case). Since the majority of venos wear AA/LA you will have little problem shredding them. Not to say it will be an easy kill if they know what they are doing.

Be it duel, PK, or TW, venos like to use Bramble Hood. In duel this will be a pain for you, so the stun will work nicely. If you're smacking the veno you're going to get it back in doubles. In PK/TW the reflect from Hood doesn't work, but your damage will still be reduced. So if you don't want to have to put up with the Hood at all, try to keep the stun up. (In particular, I try to get my stun off first if my nix doesn't. So if you are trying to get and keep the upperhand, be sure you've got something that can help you with stuns on yourself.)

My build is Vit/Mag AA and with all of my gear and buffs I have almost 10k HP (sage HP buff) and rather formidable defenses. I also have a pretty good idea of battling, so I'll give you as good as I get before I go down (or at least try to). Usually one of the first things to settle is your HP, so if you're buffed you'll likely see the veno purge you. In that time after that they will try to rip you apart as quickly as they can without letting you get too close or taking your hits and hope to get you down first. Again, personally, I like to lead with my stun, purge, get up and Ironwood in the hopes of debuffing you. I am a demon veno so if my Ironwood hits you're going to feel more pain than you imagined. That is something else to keep in mind about your opponent, whether they are demon or sage (and there are sage venos).

1. Ignore the pet. Yes, it bites. Yes, it's irritating, but it goes away if you get rid of the veno.

2. Stun the veno. This keeps them from putting up Hood and purging you (for the moment). If they do not have hood up and have **** for HP/def then the only thing you really worry about is if they have a charm.

3. Give chase. Venos are pretty speedy, but they aren't faster than you in caster or fox form (unless they are demon and shifting in and out). A demon veno can give you a run for your money.

4. Use your most damaging attacks. Seeing as the majority is AA/LA, it will hurt them most. For HA you will have to gnaw on them a little more.

I'm not going to bring up the genie. A true PvPer can do it without one, but most of us are relying on them now. Still not going to get into it though. Hope this helped some. I don't get to beat up many barbs often and I generally win when I do. I hate to kite, but I do that too and I make sure I stay ahead. :P
  • Must - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I love some of your comments speciallly lyncans ones, who is not on a pvp server and tinks this is easy, so lyncan im talking pking lvl 101 102 venos, with HEAVY ARMOR,WITH 10+ WEAPON,AND FULL TT99 WITH 10 FKING K HP......

and u still think its easy????
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I love some of your comments speciallly lyncans ones, who is not on a pvp server and tinks this is easy, so lyncan im talking pking lvl 101 102 venos, with HEAVY ARMOR,WITH 10+ WEAPON,AND FULL TT99 WITH 10 FKING K HP......

Yes.

Restat to pure arcane, get +10 lunar wand and 1-shot them with Barb Ice Dragon.

Like I said, EZ$$.

• Boojangles - Lost City
    Boojangles - Lost City Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    umm yea most veno's on pvp servers are Heavy. any way must although i think u and i have had our incounters here and there when u used to follow me around and try to kill my whole faction ALone at lvl 7x lols. ok enough of that ill give u some helpful info. 3 spark + reg attack the nix twice + TE = dead nix. the veno will do one of 2 things.

1 they will run and try to rez the nix while setting up for a re purge amp combo.
    in this case what u want to do is make sure to alicrity them the first time they try to res and stay on her ****. they will eventually end up getting the rez off but TE will be able to one shot it soon as its up if ur fast. what u should do then is keep on the veno attacking and making sure that every time the nix is up its right back down. sooner or later it will attepmt to fight u without the nix or run. im sure u need no explanations on how to deal with that.

2 they stay and fight u 1v1 in this case ur not going to die to a heavy veno but keep ur guard up ive actually heard of a veno who had 2 nixes...

if at anytime the veno gets away from u and fully heals the nix she is going to know what ur up to. so chances are u wanna save up energy to Occult ice the veno and liquidate the nix asap. also keep in mind there is nothing wrog with kiting the veno for a short time while u set up ur combos. if the oponent Kites then do what u ahve to do. Alot of people i3ich at me for that but it keeps me alive long enough to find a weakness in their party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reseda - Heavens Tear
    Reseda - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

If you're going to have a tantrum should we even bother to answer you anymore? Go away little one and figure it out yourself.
  • Must - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    umm yea most veno's on pvp servers are Heavy. any way must although i think u and i have had our incounters here and there when u used to follow me around and try to kill my whole faction ALone at lvl 7x lols. ok enough of that ill give u some helpful info. 3 spark + reg attack the nix twice + TE = dead nix. the veno will do one of 2 things.

1 they will run and try to rez the nix while setting up for a re purge amp combo.
    in this case what u want to do is make sure to alicrity them the first time they try to res and stay on her ****. they will eventually end up getting the rez off but TE will be able to one shot it soon as its up if ur fast. what u should do then is keep on the veno attacking and making sure that every time the nix is up its right back down. sooner or later it will attepmt to fight u without the nix or run. im sure u need no explanations on how to deal with that.

2 they stay and fight u 1v1 in this case ur not going to die to a heavy veno but keep ur guard up ive actually heard of a veno who had 2 nixes...

if at anytime the veno gets away from u and fully heals the nix she is going to know what ur up to. so chances are u wanna save up energy to Occult ice the veno and liquidate the nix asap. also keep in mind there is nothing wrog with kiting the veno for a short time while u set up ur combos. if the oponent Kites then do what u ahve to do. Alot of people i3ich at me for that but it keeps me alive long enough to find a weakness in their party.

Thanks bloodj finnaly something that helps as for the res off ppl i dont know **** about pvp since u dont pvp that much, come to lost ang get ganged pked all day long then i want to see ur big mouths after......b:dirty
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    Gimlett - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Someone remind me to restat to arcane next time I sign in!