meshktenye Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Advanced Money Making

Please read the following guides before reading this guide:

Money making : How to do it

grinding for money 20-60 guide

How to Create a Mat/Herb Run

Gold Trading for Profit

OK, now you have a basic understanding of several of the most common ways to make coins in Perfect world. Starting with level 1 your primary initial goal should be to make enough coins to buy 2 gold. I had originally made a cleric as my primary character, and got it to lvl 79, I was perpetually broke because of the high costs of replenishing my mana (even with apothecary lvl5 and making my own Concentration Orb, Rejuvenation Orb, and using mana food when tokens were cheap). I had created every character (other than venomancer because I am a guy) and leveled them up to around level 40. I even tried Psychic and Assassin, but I soon realized I liked Cleric the best. I had never been able to make and keep even one million coins, and often couldn't do Crazy Stone because I didn't have enough coins to buy the stones. I would have been able to make all my own TT80 armor with my Tailor Craft skills, but realized I could not afford the Ultimate Subs necessary to do so. I had often heard that venomancers were the best money makers. So I decided to make a veno (telling guys NOT to crush on me because I was a dude). I would suggest you do the same thing. If you are having trouble making money, make a veno to support your primary character. There are several reasons for this. Until about lvl 60 venos don't need to buy armor, weapons or pots. Since a veno can have their pet tank for them, and the pet takes all the hits, a veno doesn't need to buy armor (at least not between lvl 1 through 30 and then again lvl 30 through 60). You can use what is rewarded to you by the NPC for completing quests, or by using stuff that mobs drop. Further, because your pet is taking the hits, you have almost no repair bills. Further, with the veno skills of Metabolic Boost, Nature's Grace, and Soul Transfusion you will almost never have to buy pots. In fact I pick up all health and mana pots and sell them in my Cat Shop for less coins than the Apothecary NPC sells them. Read the Comprehensive Venomancer Guide to learn how to be a veno. I recommend using your stats to become a hybrid vitality/arcane (AKA Robe) veno. Forget the fox form skills, except Fox Form (so you can run faster when you need to) until later in the game. Level all of your Mage skills and Pet skills whenever you can. I do suggest you buy the General's armor when you reach lvl 30. But you won't need to buy any more until lvl 60 when you start getting TT armor. But to be honest, by then by using the techniques outlined in this guide, you will easily be ale to buy Legendary Gold armor.

1) Level 1 - 20 -The first guide, Money making: How to do it, is an awesome guide for beginners. It has many great suggestions (don't buy stuff cause it's pretty etc.) which you should remember throughout the game. But to be honest, many of the suggestions are NOT about how to make money, but how to save money. Regardless, this guide should be the primary method you use for levels 1-20. However, around level 20, picking up coins, flying and swimming becomes seriously counter-productive. And by level 40 you will be booted from Bounty Hunter squads if you say, "wait for me to fly to Frostcovered Grounds". And the same goes for picking up coins. You shouldn't run out of your way to pick up 45 coins and possibly lose the opportunity of picking up a drop worth 1000 coins (the drop may go "poof" or another player may pick it up first if you wait too long). From level 20 on item drops will almost always be worth more than coin drops. Further in the time it takes to pick up all the coins that are dropped, you can kill mob that will drop items that are worth more than the coins laying around.

Expand your bank - Go to the Banker and accept the quest "Worries of the Banker". Choose to expand your bank by using materials rather than an expansion stone. Write all six items down that you need to expand your bank. Trust me, you really want to accept both Banker quests and expand your bank twice for many reasons. Primarily because you will need this expanded space for items you want to keep. You also need this added bank space in order to save items that you want to sell at your Cat Shop or at the Auction House. Some of the items you need will be available in levels 1 through 20. Others will be available only after you reach level 20 and start questing at Broken Bow Bluff.

Cat shop - most of the items dropped from level 1 through 20 are not worth trying to sell at a cat shop. They just won't sell. Since drops are not really worth much, it is not really worth your time to start grinding between levels 1 through 20. Admittedly, there are a very few items that you might be able to sell at a cat shop, but it just isn't worth your time to spend a lot of time grinding for these items. But you will need some coins to support yourself until you can get your first pet so go ahead and pick up coins and mob drops and sell the stuff to the NPCs. The exception are the items that can be used to expand your bank or drops that are used for crafting. If you want to you can grind a little to get these items and a few extra bank items and start to set up a Cat Shop to learn the basics of how to do so, pricing, and where the best locations are.

Crafting - It is your choice whether you want to start working on your craft skills at this time or not. The first few levels of all of the crafts are actually quite simple to do while questing and grinding. If this is your primary character it may be beneficial to start leveling your crafting skills. Since I have a lvl 79 cleric with most crafting skills at lvl 4 or 5, I have decided not to do so with my veno. However, never lose sight of your primary goal which is to make enough coins to buy 2 gold as soon as possible. If crafting gets in the way of this goal, you should put it off for the time being. The reason for this is by using the method I outline here you will easily be able to buy any items you need to level up your crating skills at later levels when you really need them.

The Money Making guide also recommends grinding which brings us to the next topic.

2) Level 20-60 (or more) - At this point you should start using the "grinding for money 20-60 guide". Grind, grind, grind. The items dropped by the mobs at Broken Bow Bluff are a gold-mine. Pick up all your drops, pick up other people's drops that they ignore. Collect the items you need to expand your bank. Use my guide "How to Create a Mat/Herb Run" to collect any items you may have trouble collecting. After you expand your bank, you can expand it a second time by accepting "Worries of the Banker" again. You will have to again collect several items, but this time you will have to collect many more.

Pets - Don't waste your coins on the Shaodu Cub, Snow Hare, and Frogling. While these pets are cute they do not fight much better than the free pets. Yes, the Shadoku Cub, Kowlin and Armored Bear are all awesome pets, but they are not the best. Use the free pets until you can save enough coins to get a Hercules and a Phoenix. Don't waste your time leveling your free pets. I recommend replacing pets rather than keeping them and leveling them up. Remember, you will be replacing your land pets with a herc and your flying pet with a nix. The one exception is the Glacial Walker which you should get immediately when you reach lvl 19 and keep leveled until you can replace it with a herc. Please don't discount the Walker, Hercules (herc) and Phoenix (nix) just, "because everyone else has one and I want to be different." There are extremely good reasons people choose these pets and it essentially is because they are just the best pets in the game. Besides the starter wolf or scorpion, the following recommendations will be all the pets you need until you can get your herc and nix.

lvl 5 - Abysmal Turtle or lvl 8 Amphibian Turtle
lvl 8 - Petite Sawfly (Edit 4/4/2010 - seriously - you don't need this. In fact you don't need any flying pet until you get a flying quest at level 33 - it is a serious waste of time to get a level 8 pet all the way up to level 33)
lvl 8 - Skate Fish - Again, you simply don't need a flying pet until you reach lvl 33. This is basically just a Petite Sawfly in a cuter package. Please don't waste your time leveling pets you don't need. If you really want to make in-game coins it is better to grind with appropriate level pets and collect the drops.
lvl 15 - Chaos Undine (or any other swimming monster around this level to replace your turtle)
lvl 19 - Glacial Walker (yes, the Walker is a better pet than either the Crystalline or Volcanic Magnite)
lvl 21 - Mutant Whirler Turtle (to replace your undine)
lvl 30ish - Buy a Hercules (your Glacial Walker now becomes your backup)
lvl 32 - Insect Mistress (or any other wasp, bee or hornet around this level to replace your Petite Sawfly) YA - you finally get a flying Quest at level 33 to kill the flying dragons near Heaven's Tear. NOW is the time to get a flying pet to help you. In fact there are numerous insects, wasps, bees, and hornets in the immediate area of Heaven's Tear that you can tame on the spot. Pick whichever one you think matches your hair, eye, or skin color the best.
lvl 34 - Pinnaer Foxwing (to replace your Insect Mistress)
lvl 40ish - Buy a Phoenix (say goodbye to your Pinnear Foxwing - your nix doesn't need any backup)

Cat Shop - Starting at level 20 setting up a Cat Shop now becomes a viable method of making coins. If you don't know how to setup a Cat Shop, go to this guide. Sell any items you don't need. Make sure you don't sell any items you need to expand your bank. If you want to find out how to price items for your Cat Shop you can check other Cat Shops or the Auction House. Remember, your primary goal is to make enough coins to buy 2 gold. So don't get greedy. Fill up every slot available in your Cat Shop. Try to fill it up with multiple items. For example, if you have only one slot left it is better to try to sell 30 element fragments at 4.5k each than a single leather at 8k. Set up your Cat Shop every night before going to bed every night.

Auction House - If your items didn't sell at your Cat Shop, try selling them at the Auction House. If you don't know how to use the Auction House, go to this guide. Remember that the Auction House charges a consignment fee whether your item sells or not. I recommend selling your items at the Auction House while you are playing (do it first before you start playing), and setting up a Cat Shop at night.

Grind, grind, grind. Level slowly. I can't emphasize how important the "grinding for money" guide is at these levels. Grind until your have enough coins to buy 2 gold (about 800,000 coins depending on the going rate). As soon as your save about 800,000 coins it is time to move on to the next step.

3) Level 20 and beyond - This is easy. Once you get enough coins to buy 2 gold then just follow my guide on "Gold Trading for Profit". As Maiira points out in response to my guide it is well within reason to make 10 million every few weeks with Gold Trading. To be honest, this is an extremely conservative estimate of the amount of coins you can make with Gold Trading. I have friends who make more, much more, with Gold Trading. I admit, I'm not up to that level yet, but know I will soon be. As a level 32 Veno, I am making well over 5 millions coins per month with Gold Trading alone. If you add in my Cat Shop, Auction House, and my grinding I guess I am making well over 8 million coins per month. I have already made 3 million this month so far and plan on spending the next several days doing lots of gold trading. I'm going to take 4 million of the coins I made last month and combine it with the 3 million I've made this month and invest all 7 million in gold trading. My goal this month is to make 30 million coins via Gold Trading, Cat Shop, Auction House, and grinding and I am relatively certain I'll be able to do so.

4) Level 40 (or so) - Buy a Hercules Pet, then buy a Phoenix pet, then buy a Kowlin pet. Level your land pets in Room 4 - Mouse Bashing of the Cube of Fate, and level your Nix on Strunch Worms down in Tideborn. Buy charms and Immaculate shards for all of your characters. Buy Legendary armor and weapons, buy skills, a mount, and fashions - buy anything you want because you now know how to become seriously wealthy in-game. Wine caves and solo bosses for the 3 star drops and molds. Around level 70 you can start to solo Twilight Temple where drops can sell for anywhere from 10,000 to 750,000 (or more). Do the Cube of Fate for some excellent rewards.

Good Luck - and have fun!
Post edited by meshktenye on

Comments

• meshktenye
    edited March 2010
    Not sure why, but nobody has read this post. If you like it please bump it so it stays on top for a while and others can read it. Thanks.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i gotta give you credit, this looks great. and i do think that people should take a look at this ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • bloodysaberfang
    bloodysaberfang Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i read this thread all the time...
    this post so cool... keep goin' dude..
  • meshktenye
    edited April 2010
    Just made a slight edit so I can bump this guide up.
  • meshktenye
    edited May 2010
    Minor edit and bump
  • DragonBoyEST - Heavens Tear
    DragonBoyEST - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Great guide! Should be stickied!
  • kingofmagnet
    kingofmagnet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    meshktenye wrote: »
    Not sure why, but nobody has read this post. If you like it please bump it so it stays on top for a while and others can read it. Thanks.

Well, BUMP in that case!b:laugh
  • Goofehsmerf - Raging Tide
    Goofehsmerf - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nice! *runs off to try out the ideas*
    ~Peace~N~Joy~
    i <3 Oatmeal
    SweetLeaf FTW!
  • idgaf1
    idgaf1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This guide looks great but seems is pointed more towards only 1 class. So how can this method besides the Venomancer steps be applied to help the other classes gain some riches, example would be a barbarian or archer. Along with your steps of grinding,auction,cat-shop and most importantly gold trade market. How can new players at lvl 1-20 which probably can't even make the required amount of coins to buy 2 gold bars without grinding a month on mobs and stuff and then continue on to compete against high lvl player's on the gold trade market? Wouldn't the market not inflate if the low b's did not use real life money to add to their coinage and buy their 1st two gold bars to try and make a profit off of the trade market?

Like in the picture back then the most amount of bars apparently sold were 32, now you hear other user's, buying or selling bars at an amount of 82 each. I don't think a noob could keep up with that price range or excessive amounts from other high lvl players. The only coins or gold circulating amongst those high lvl player's winning more bids and offers at higher rates in the gold trade market. I'm I not wrong for thinking this?
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    idgaf1 wrote: »
    This guide looks great but seems is pointed more towards only 1 class. So how can this method besides the Venomancer steps be applied to help the other classes gain some riches, example would be a barbarian or archer. Along with your steps of grinding,auction,cat-shop and most importantly gold trade market. How can new players at lvl 1-20 which probably can't even make the required amount of coins to buy 2 gold bars without grinding a month on mobs and stuff and then continue on to compete against high lvl player's on the gold trade market? Wouldn't the market not inflate if the low b's did not use real life money to add to their coinage and buy their 1st two gold bars to try and make a profit off of the trade market?

Like in the picture back then the most amount of bars apparently sold were 32, now you hear other user's, buying or selling bars at an amount of 82 each. I don't think a noob could keep up with that price range or excessive amounts from other high lvl players. The only coins or gold circulating amongst those high lvl player's winning more bids and offers at higher rates in the gold trade market. I'm I not wrong for thinking this?

Not gold bars, just gold ><

What the OP is saying, and I have to agree, is that you can use a veno to support your other chars. Reason being: venos can solo most of the game with minimal expense. I can attest to this.

Kudos to OP, looks good. I'll read your other guides when I get a chance later =)
  • Guerilla - Dreamweaver
    Guerilla - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I would just like to point out that getting a Nix isnt necessary at all, it is an awesome pet for PvP/TW etc and also a great damage dealing but for about 180 gold its not a necessity. Great guide tho b:victory
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's funny how this is a guide to make money, but does suggest you to get TT60 armor.
    Did the OP realize that TT60 armor is ****, horribly expensive, and that regular 3star armor can be sooo much better AND cheaper?

Did the OP also realize that without buying new weapons, you won't be able to heal your pet and thus kill your pet? (or go reaaalllyyy slow)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's funny how this is a guide to make money, but does suggest you to get TT60 armor.
    Did the OP realize that TT60 armor is ****, horribly expensive, and that regular 3star armor can be sooo much better AND cheaper?

Did the OP also realize that without buying new weapons, you won't be able to heal your pet and thus kill your pet? (or go reaaalllyyy slow)

Did you know (this is just a fun fact), that there is no TT60 armor?

ijs. b:shutup
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Damn, this is good. Really good.

[And yes, there is no such thing as TT60 armor. Lol.]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Did you know (this is just a fun fact), that there is no TT60 armor?

ijs. b:shutup

Right, my bad. I meant TT70 armor b:chuckle
    Anyway point stills stands, only TT90 and up is worth it, before that 3star alternatives are better and cheaper
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • idgaf1
    idgaf1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Not gold bars, just gold ><

What the OP is saying, and I have to agree, is that you can use a veno to support your other chars. Reason being: venos can solo most of the game with minimal expense. I can attest to this.

Kudos to OP, looks good. I'll read your other guides when I get a chance later =)

OK so Veno's are cheaper to use, were back to square 1.

I'm more concerned over the fact that the number of gold being sold and bought has increased, more then likely influenced from previous owners and their alts!!! How can someone fresh to the gold trade market, jump in assuming there going to sell 1 -2 gold, after following this guide to gold market trading, if so many other's who stayed in from the time player's found it useful, are selling way more at higher stock then your measly 2 gold to begin with?
    That is if gold=900k each or 2mill+, I haven't checked the gold market because I'm still new and currently learning in-game controls. So If the market is like flat and gold=300k then tell me I'm wrong. It's just my perspective from reading the old Thread, that it's a dream to think you could start trading gold today in-game, after reaching say lvl 20 - 40 and collecting enough for 2 gold to trade.
    Let's also include buying 2 gold what if that's not an option anymore? Then we can't fully follow the OP's Guide Lines to making money off the trade market now can we?