question on the music!

Cheybabii - Harshlands
Cheybabii - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
So, this probably doesn't come up very often. If at all. But as I was playing i started paying attention to the music and if I'm not mistaken, a lot of what I was hearing sounded like a Flute or something relating to such. I'm not sure if this same music is in most areas but when I noticed it I was in and around Plume City. I'm a flute player myself and I like the music so I was wondering if there was any possible way I could get a copy of sheet music or something for it cause I would love to try playing it.

I don't know if this is possible but if anyone has ANY input or ideas as to who I could contact, please let me know.
Thank you.
~FallenAngel~
Post edited by Cheybabii - Harshlands on

Comments

• Cheybabii - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    SO i know its different in different places, I just never payed attention before. Still looking for any ideas
    ~FallenAngel~
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    edit: misread the question
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I honestly doubt you'll find anything, google it if you want.
    It can't be all that hard to learn by ear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Cheybabii - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    I binged it but didn't get anything from it. Its not all that hard by ear really. Its just better to have the music in my opinion
    ~FallenAngel~
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There are ways to create music sheets from digital audio recordings (similar to how you can create MIDI songs from them) but search engines are your best friend. The music files the game uses however are compressed in the sfx.pck file. There are MP3 versions floating about though....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i like the music ingame a lot, too. but the GMs frown on anyone messing with the program files. i would suggest you write a ticket, telling them how you admire the music, and would like to play it on an instrument, and ask for ideas on getting sheet music. you arent the first person to be interested in it...i love the theme song, and searched high and low for it. Kephras was the one who found for me the MP3 of "Fly With Me"...perhaps he might be of some help as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There are ways to create music sheets from digital audio recordings (similar to how you can create MIDI songs from them) but search engines are your best friend. The music files the game uses however are compressed in the sfx.pck file. There are MP3 versions floating about though....

Far as my files are, I still have all of the originals in MP3, just the new tide area music and such is in the sfx.pck parts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    *Dares not to say I learnt to play the PWI log-in theme (and often plays at Etherblade/Broken Plains/various other places) just by listening to it* b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cryin - Heavens Tear
    Cryin - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I already asked this long time ago =) ... Yea the music is cool ... and i couldnt find it anywhere ...

They could do some kind of OST, and put it on the Download Section...That would be kind of them ...

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Only love breaks a heart." b:thanks
  • Risingson - Dreamweaver
    Risingson - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    so they DID remove the mp3 files....
    thats just flipping lame you cant replace the games music anymore... everytime i enter the cube of fate now i want to quit this game..

if i wasnt able to replace the games music when i first started playing PW, i wouldnt have kept playing because this games music is *****..
    some of it is ok, even good... but the bad tracks are unquestionably some of the worst video game music ive heard in 20 years.
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    so they DID remove the mp3 files....
    thats just flipping lame you cant replace the games music anymore... everytime i enter the cube of fate now i want to quit this game..

if i wasnt able to replace the games music when i first started playing PW, i wouldnt have kept playing because this games music is *****..
    some of it is ok, even good... but the bad tracks are unquestionably some of the worst video game music ive heard in 20 years.

afaik its all still there, just in .wav not .mp3 (dont think it was ever mp3 since you need a license for that -.-)

I found it here Path\to\game\element\music\ambiencestereo
  • Elijun - Heavens Tear
    Elijun - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    So, this probably doesn't come up very often. If at all. But as I was playing i started paying attention to the music and if I'm not mistaken, a lot of what I was hearing sounded like a Flute or something relating to such. I'm not sure if this same music is in most areas but when I noticed it I was in and around Plume City. I'm a flute player myself and I like the music so I was wondering if there was any possible way I could get a copy of sheet music or something for it cause I would love to try playing it.

I don't know if this is possible but if anyone has ANY input or ideas as to who I could contact, please let me know.
    Thank you.

Would it happen to be this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LQcF1WCMBI
  • Cheybabii - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Would it happen to be this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LQcF1WCMBI

actually yes. thats the main one i'm talking about. i might just try learning it by ear and then writing it out on paper after i figure it out. but if i can find the files or something that should help.

Thank you for helping. If you have any more input please feel free to say so.
    ~FallenAngel~
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8jIr0tULRM
    There is also that if you'd like.
    :)