help with dmg?

Options
Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear
Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
um i keep dieing in pvp even though ppl dont deal as much dmg as my hp.
Post edited by Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Roseddesor - Heavens Tear
    Roseddesor - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    um i keep dieing in pvp even though ppl dont deal as much dmg as my hp.

It might be because your lvl 3 dunno lol.. I'd try leveling see how that helps ^_^
  • Sabre_ - Harshlands
    Sabre_ - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You probably got hit by a skill with DoT, don't think it shows the dmg in dmg log
  • Fatboykbb - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nvm found it
  • Cryin - Heavens Tear
    Cryin - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It might be because your lvl 3 dunno lol.. I'd try leveling see how that helps ^_^

Its obvious, that is just his/her avatar. So does not represents his/her real char/level..

ON TOPIC:

Maybe the player that defeated you, used any kind of pos effect skill, like poison, bleed, water dmg, fire dmg etc...

Well you can start by work in your HP and Defense and see if it helps.. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Only love breaks a heart." b:thanks
    edited March 2010
    Options
    152dvsi.jpgnew pic
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "You have died!"

"Oh really? Would had never noticed..."
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "You have died!"

"Oh really? Would had never noticed..."

your point is?
  • melodux
    melodux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    your point is?

the screenshot provides no real reason for your death aside from how much damage you've incurred.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    look at my hp at the top of screen >.>
  • melodux
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ....again....your point? you could have had 1855 (or less) in hp and got hit for that much...b:chuckle

Let's do the math:
    1855 (or less) subtracts 1855 will equal to (or less than) 0 and if your HP is equal to (or less than) 0, you're pushing up daisies.

Any question?

Edit - to further clarify myself, when i said "in hp" earlier, I meant at that moment, NOT total HP (1926).
    edited March 2010
    Options
    melodux wrote: »
    ....again....your point? you could have had 1855 (or less) in hp and got hit for that much...b:chuckle

Let's do the math:
    1855 (or less) subtracts 1855 will equal to (or less than) 0 and if your HP is equal to (or less than) 0, you're pushing up daisies.

Any question?

Edit - to further clarify myself, when i said "in hp" earlier, I meant at that moment, NOT total HP (1926).

you idiot i have more than 1855 hp and no one eisle did dmg or anymore dmg
  • Dunes - Dreamweaver
    Dunes - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Like someone else said, DoT won't show up on the damage counter. It would really depend on what they hit you with? Do you know who attacked you? (as in class) Level? All that can be important in this question... I know my 'sin, if high enough, could have probably done a good amount of damage with the bleed attack and you bled out.
  • melodux
    edited March 2010
    Options

Name calling isn't really necessary. how are we to know that you didn't have FULL HP to start with? I could have 100 hit points out of a TOTAL of 10,000 and I get hit with 250 damage points and die. Maybe I should post a new thread with a screenshot and ask how I have 10,000 HP and died from a 250 damage points hit. b:angry
  • Dunes - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Name calling isn't really necessary. how are we to know that you didn't have FULL HP to start with? I could have 100 hit points out of a TOTAL of 10,000 and I get hit with 250 damage points and die. Maybe I should post a new thread with a screenshot and ask how I have 10,000 HP and died from a 250 damage points hit. b:angry

I think you deserved that 'idiot'. He's said before that he had full HP. Idk what you think he's doing, but... automatically assuming that someone is lying isn't exactly the best way to go through life. >> I'm sorry, but, Dr. House is not real, and yes, he is miserable. No need to try to be him.
  • melodux
    edited March 2010
    Options
    umm....where did he say that he had full HP?

Oh yeah...if you're lvl 71 and still don't know that DoT doesn't show in damage log AND in PVP mode, fail canz i?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    DoTs, if an archer used sharptooth (which reduces your ma HP before dealing damage if it hits) then that could have been what happened as well.
  • Dunes - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    umm....where did he say that he had full HP?

Oh yeah...if you're lvl 71 and still don't know that DoT doesn't show in damage log AND in PVP mode, fail canz i?

Um, he said several times his HP was higher than the damage. That means the HP he had atm was higher than damage.

Also, not everyone keeps their damage logs on and checks them 24/7. Not everyone is a forum ***** and has read every guide and thread under the sun. Hell, the first character I leveled to 6x (then quit and rerolled XD), I didn't even know what a damage counter was. Not that surprising that someone who level'd with BH and such (aka, twice as fast) wouldn't know. We live and we learn-- don't nit-pick. I'm sure you're an expert in everything, right?

Also, he insinuated it has happened multiple times. I doubt his HP was 'just low enough' to kill him every single time.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The very same thing happened to me, I was hit multiple times for damage that summed up to 2.9k. I have 3.7k HP, and that damage killed me. I was also charmed, so even if a DoT was involved I still shouldn't have died. Maybe some kind of glitch, if you want I can post a SS of it. I was like "wtfux somebody **** b:angry"
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The very same thing happened to me, I was hit multiple times for damage that summed up to 2.9k. I have 3.7k HP, and that damage killed me. I was also charmed, so even if a DoT was involved I still shouldn't have died. Maybe some kind of glitch, if you want I can post a SS of it. I was like "wtfux somebody **** b:angry"

Actually, I've seen this happen to me as well. It seems like the damage log won't always keep track of all damage dealt to you. Especially if you teleport and find yourself getting attacked during the load screen or the like.
  • Sabre_ - Harshlands
    Sabre_ - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Also if a sin attacks you straight out of the stealth, there first attack won't show the dmg, also the OP got attacked by a psy
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    your point is?

Look at the box in the middle of the screen. Whenever your char dies, it says "You have died!"

Get it?
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]