Best fly pet

Options
Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Venomancer
Ok, so I know petite sawfly used to be the best flying pet before the tideborn came out. (not counting nix ofcourse)

But nowdays I see alot of veno's walking aroudn with cloud skatefish. So I'm slowly doubting, which is better? Has the skatefish supresed the sawfly like glacial walker supresed magmite, or is sawfly still better?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
Post edited by Sirrobert - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ok, so I know petite sawfly used to be the best flying pet before the tideborn came out. (not counting nix ofcourse)

But nowdays I see alot of veno's walking aroudn with cloud skatefish. So I'm slowly doubting, which is better? Has the skatefish supresed the sawfly like glacial walker supresed magmite, or is sawfly still better?

Sawfly is still better but not by much. The reason you see venos getting the skatefish is the sawfly is ugly and cumbersome to use.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How is it more cumbersome than the Skatefish? Does the Skatefish not get stuck in the ground?
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I meant their general flight pattern, not that they don't get stuck. Even foxwings don't seem to behave as erratic as Sawflies.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I meant their general flight pattern, not that they don't get stuck. Even foxwings don't seem to behave as erratic as Sawflies.

Um, what? My sawfly follows me in a straight line. It also flies to mobs in a straight line (unless there's something in the way). I see nothing erratic about how sawflies behave.

Also, saying the sawflies are ugly is a matter of opinion. While you may think they're ugly, another person might like their appearance. Personally, I don't care much for the bugs but I think the skatefish is uglier.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's just an opinion, may actually have to do with the animation but the Sawfly didn't feel as responsive to me as other flying pets. And yes, beauty is a relative concept. I'm sure someone out ther actually likes Herc's looks.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    mayhaps because you be MANray_ and would like a flying pet that resembles a stingray?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by "not responsive". My Sawfly has quite fast reactions, compared to my old Glacial Walker. Guess it also depends if you've set your pet to "auto" or "manual" (the latter seems to fix the "slow reactions problem").
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm sure someone out ther actually likes Herc's looks.

That's a face only a mother could love. Hey! There's one person.b:chuckle
    Guess it also depends if you've set your pet to "auto" or "manual" (the latter seems to fix the "slow reactions problem").

That might be it. I always have my pet on manual because I like being able to have complete control over my pixelated minion. I'm not sure if there's even a difference (other than the ''come here pet' *mob attacks* pet turns around and attacks mob again') but it's nice to have the little critters listen to my every command.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by "not responsive". My Sawfly has quite fast reactions, compared to my old Glacial Walker. Guess it also depends if you've set your pet to "auto" or "manual" (the latter seems to fix the "slow reactions problem").
    In manual mode, your pet will do what you tell it to do. Nothing more. If you attack, it won't attack. If it gets hit, it won't fight back until you tell it to.

In defend mode, your pet acts as in manual except it fights back when it's hit. This means if you tell your pet to follow you or attack something, and a different mob hits it, it will stop to attack the mob which hit it. Another nuance of it is that your pet will only stay on one target if you've ordered it to attack that target. e.g. Mobs A, B, and C are attacking your pet (in defend mode) and you order it to attack A. It will attack A and only A. After A is dead, because B and C were hitting your pet, it will attack them next. But it will switch between them depending on which one hit it most recently. If you order it to attack mob D, it will forget that B and C were hitting it and won't go back to hitting B and C once D is dead. The attack order essentially wipes the hate list your pet has.

Auto mode is kinda flaky. It adds the feature that your pet attacks your target when you do. But in terms of defense it works two different ways depending on what you've done with the pet after summoning it.

If you summon your pet and it's already in auto mode, then it will act like it's in defend mode. It will attack your target when you do, and after the target is dead it will defend itself if hit.

If you switch your pet into auto mode (e.g. summon in auto, switch to manual, switch back to auto), then it will act like in manual mode. It will attack your target when you do, and after the target is dead it will come back to you even if another mob is beating on it. It will not defend itself.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I found out that Skatefish do alot more dg then sawfly.

lvl 85 sawfly do 1,4k dg
    lvl 57 Skatefish do 1,4k dg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • SirJinger - Lost City
    SirJinger - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the sawfly's response/flying pattern. But I think I get what you're trying to say; the sawfly does sort of look like it's lilting to the side when it's flying (maybe the butt's wagging to fast lol). and it also looks like there's a slight pause before it goes to attack something.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've never used a petite sawfly, but I have used one of its cousins, the goldenwing emperor. Different skill tree, but they're still fairly similar. I've never noticed any way that the goldenwing emperor behaves or flies differently than the skatefish that is cumbersome. I just use the skatefish because it can kill faster and is thus easier to grind/quest with. (I've noted that neither pet is a very good tank, but skatefish has higher attack.) Another plus over the petite sawfly is that the skatefish is prettier (personal opinion obviously) and has higher-lvled starter skills. While some might be inclined to spend money to replace them with something else, I don't mind them so much. =)
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I found out that Skatefish do alot more dg then sawfly.

lvl 85 sawfly do 1,4k dg
    lvl 57 Skatefish do 1,4k dg

Double check your numbers... what you are quoting are the accuracy numbers, not the patck for the sawfly.

Level 90 sawfly has 3297 physical attack and 1976 accuracy.

I am sure that between level 85 and 90 the sawfly does not gain 1.8k attack.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    KK HERE IS THE TRUE:

SAWFLY AT 85 do 1,4k DG and have 2k+ HP
    CLOUND SKATEFISH 85 Do 2,9K DG HAVE 2k THEY AHVE SAME SPEED AND DEF..LOL ONLY DIFF IS SKATE FISH HIT HARDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    Options
    KK HERE IS THE TRUE:

CLOUND SKATEFISH 85 Do 2,9K DG HAVE 2k THEY AHVE SAME SPEED AND DEF..LOL ONLY DIFF IS SKATE FISH HIT HARDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can your sawfly do 1.4k damage at level 85, when at level 90 it does 3297?

Seriously, go check your numbers and stop posting non-sense.

At level 90:
    HP Dg Pdef mdef acc eva atk/s m/s
    Petite Sawfly 2279 3297 5921 5921 1976 1215 0.6 8.8

Here is the link, in case you do not have a leveled up sawfly:
    http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php

At level 90, a bear cub, which everyone knows has one of the lowest attacks, does 1888attack damage. If your numbers were right, that would make the sawfly do less damage than the cub.

At your level, you really should know better.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    then explain me why suddenly sawfly get over 3k physical atk at 9x?
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    mayhaps because you be MANray_ and would like a flying pet that resembles a stingray?
    b:puzzled

b:shocked It really has nothing to do with it... nothing at all... b:avoid
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I like Ww Piggy. Good tanking stats, bad damage.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I got 85 SAWFLy it say 1,4K dg lol..AND PPL SAY ITS BETTER OVER 90+
    i TELL TRUE Xd AND A SKATEFISH AHVE 3K AT 85..SO ITS BETTER THEN SAWFLY..!!! kk
    IF YA DON'T BELIVE MEH LVL UP 1 TO 85 AND SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What would you all think of this Wimple Goldwing?I go this to my lvl and don't want to lvl up anymore pets unless it is a Nix.How is although not sawfly but close?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I got 85 SAWFLy it say 1,4K dg lol..AND PPL SAY ITS BETTER OVER 90+
    i TELL TRUE Xd AND A SKATEFISH AHVE 3K AT 85..SO ITS BETTER THEN SAWFLY..!!! kk
    IF YA DON'T BELIVE MEH LVL UP 1 TO 85 AND SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg

Can you please take a screenshot and post it here, since you must have the only sawfly in-game that does less damage than a cub.

Click P, than select your sawfly, than choose stats and take a screenshot of that.

The reason we dont believe you is because there is no way the sawfly gains 1800 damage points between level 85 and 90. We know how much damage a sawfly does at level 90, so what you state makes no sense.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its not first time when Aniella is being random and confusing the people around
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol HOW to send a pic..i can't even put them out here. since it don't woork >:O and im 1 who spek true here..so if ya think i lie ..u better not say aynthing eithger..ask some1 who got 85 sawfly AND SEE WHAT SHE/HIM SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Oiishi - Sanctuary
    Oiishi - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Was ur sawfly fighting against a mob with increase defense? Does it have lvl 5 bash? Some of the higher lvl mobs do cast increase defense on themselves as well...

As a petite sawfly user myself I am kinda baffled by your claims. Sawfly has always been my highest damage dealer. At lvl 91 sawfly does 9k+ (close to 10k) damage to lvl92 Shieldbearer when demon ironwood hits.

Skatefish's damage is dependent on what element mob it fights. With the right element mob it does deal more damage I suppose. I have both flyers and still lvling skatefish to my level. Both pets suffers from low hp but high attack.

If I were a newbie deciding on only 1 flyer for life (till phoenix) and is intending to save coins by not customising pet skills I will say get the skatefish for the 3 skills it already has, as compared to only 1 on petite sawfly.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I KNOW THIS MORE THEN YA PPL>:O i LVL UP BOTH AND SEE WHAT HTY DO IN LOOG TIME..

CLICK "P" AND LOOK AT PYS ATK..not WHAT HE DO!!!!!! ITS NOT HIS TRUE ATK..since IT DIFF BETWINE lvl 1 MOBS and 80+ LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2010
    Options
    I KNOW THIS MORE THEN YA PPL>:O i LVL UP BOTH AND SEE WHAT HTY DO IN LOOG TIME..

CLICK "P" AND LOOK AT PYS ATK..not WHAT HE DO!!!!!! ITS NOT HIS TRUE ATK..since IT DIFF BETWINE lvl 1 MOBS and 80+ LOL

Can you please tell us what the physical attack says when you click P and stats? That is the base damage the pet will do against a mob the same level. If we are comparing pets, we need to look at the base damage as a reference point.

A sawfly with level 5 poison, against earth mobs will do a heck alot more damage than using bash. That is due to the skill used, however, its base damage is still the same.

Since a person can put any skill they want on any pet, we are only looking at the base damage.

What you are claiming would be similar to someone saying that the bunny is the best tank in-game, after the herc.... And forgeting to tell people they have the herc skills on the bunny while claiming it can tank xyz mobs. When comparing pets, we are looking at the base skills only. (with some exceptions)

Also, in most QWERTY keyboards, you can find the caps locks to the left of the letter A. I recommend you use it, it is considered rude to post in all caps, since it is the web equivalent to shouting. And in this case, it is also against the forum rules as stated in the Forum Rules thread.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63291
  • Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    KK HERE IS THE TRUE:

My lvl 56 sawfly does 1.4k dmg -____-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Stop looking at the pet's "damage" when you summon it and hover over the icon. That's accuracy, not phys attack.

Also, you should go back through the thread or just look at this image. Right beside HP, you can see a phys attack of 2965 on the level 85 sawfly. This is the same value everyone else has been talking about that you've claimed to be rather... tiny on your own pet. This is the reason why we are asking you to post a screenshot of your pet's stats.

If you do not know how to do so, please tell us so that one of us can assist you.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Disregarding the random misinformation about sawflys having such a low attack,

I am curious-is there enough difference for the skaterfish to replace sawfly as the 'nix-subsitute' pvp pet? I was under the impression that sawfly was still the best, but is there a significant difference?
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    TELL MEH WHYYYYYYYY MY SAWFLY GOT 1,4k ATK????????????????????????????????????????????????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]