Please remove hyper exp stones!

Vorhs - Lost City
Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
many players took YEARS to get high lvl... now u can get to lvl 100 in some weeks... thats just horrible! please have some RESPECT for the others and stop this madness!

PW was intended for casual players, now it is become ffor cash shoppers just like all the other **** mmorpgs "free to play" around! dont u have enough money? i think u have! stop it.
If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Vorhs - Lost City on

Comments

• Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    dont like it? then dont use it. real simple b:bye
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    While I tend to agree with the OP, I don't think these are good for any game to have in them. The darn things are in the game and have been getting used. PWI is a business and making money is their main purpose. It's amazing the amount of money a game that is supposed to be free to play can generate, if it's designed properly.

It's us idiots who spend so much cash in the darn cash shop that are to blame. I can't fault PWI for finding new ways to make cash off us. If people want to spend the money, I don't think we'll ever see PWI say, naw we would rather not make money on these items anymore. We won't sell them no more.

Ain't gonna happen. This game is a major cash cow for PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    i dont agree with you... its just like... i offer you a poisonous apple, u eat it and u die.

its MY fault that i offered you the apple, its not your fault that u ate it :|

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Why are people so overly concerned if others want to ***** their way to end-game greatness?
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i dont agree with you... its just like... i offer you a poisonous apple, u eat it and u die.

its MY fault that i offered you the apple, its not your fault that u ate it :|

Just one thing...the apple DIRECTLY affects the other person, by killing them.

The Hyper EXP stones do nothing to DIRECTLY affect others except by increasing the EXP rate for a while for the person who uses them(exhaustion and buffer-time also taken into account). The other players around them do not lose levels, gear, rank, or spirit...it's just that that ONE person happens to have an increased rate. Does that mean me having 95 levels is worth nothing now?

Not at all, because I've had a great time gettin' to these levels, and I'll continue to level at my own rate, not caring how fast those around me level.

b:pleased

To each their own, and to their own, let it be their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    ill tell u a thing

some months ago, being 90+ was great, everyone wanted to be so high lvl! and i put myself into this long journey to 90+

now im finally 94, i asked around for a good guild and NOBODY wanted me!

thats cause casual players are ****, and all the work i've done for lvl 94 NOW means NOTHING.

ppl only count if they cash shop now.

i mean, it was a good mmorpg, now it is ****. we all should go on strike against perfect world entertainment >.< we've been joked

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    ill tell u a thing

some months ago, being 90+ was great, everyone wanted to be so high lvl! and i put myself into this long journey to 90+

now im finally 94, i asked around for a good guild and NOBODY wanted me!

thats cause casual players are ****, and all the work i've done for lvl 94 NOW means NOTHING.

ppl only count if they cash shop now.

i mean, it was a good mmorpg, now it is ****. we all should go on strike against perfect world entertainment >.< we've been joked

...oh, wait. I see your problem.

Hehe, you're on a PvP server. Well, of course casual players will never do well on those kinds of servers...the ever-changing dynamic of PvP, gear, and leveling will always leave the everyday causal player in the dust.

b:chuckle

...if I were you, I'd roll onto Heaven's Tear. PvE is great of casual players (like myself), with very little pressure when it comes to PvP (unless you really wanna TW or PK...but I myself, have never once gone white-name).

Anywho, if you do come onto Heaven's Tear, feel free to hit me up. I don't mind helpin' out a fellow Wizard every now and again!

b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    thanks but no, probably in the time ill become again lvl 90+ pw would become a really total **** cause of other new "great ideas" of perfect world entertainment

id just see how things are gonna go, and if they're not changing ill probably be happy of 8 months spent to become a wiz like the one i cant be without paying money. so ill leave the game.

i dont think im the only one that is leaving after these new implements but pw wont obviously care. casual players are just annoying **** for them.

well done pw, have fun in watching me QQ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Sounds to me like you wanted to feel like you were somehow special after reaching 90+. Sorry, our first 90+'s came around in december 08, you're a little late.

Work for 94? I hate to break it to ya, but leveling has become so **** easy that 90 doesn't even mean much anymore. Hell, I've even given up some of my dailies so I could focus more on raising money, because I was leveling too fast.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    I still vote that it's all in the mindset. It's only bad if you think of it that way. Now, I'm not going to super-hyper-ultra-great-master-poke-grind to 100 or whatever...but these Hyper EXP stones are fairly nice when I do find some time to grind or whatever...FF, or just normal grind.

Why? Because I love it. I'm a rare breed; a old-school RolePlayer. Whenever I get bored in this game, and wanna kill some time, I just head over to the nearest grind spot, put up my skills, and just role-play. After all, I'm the Sage Wizard Konari Raiden, sent from his home in Sanctuary to aid the Perfect World against the fight against the Wraiths, killing one monster at a time (maybe more, if I wanna AoE).

...stupid? Maybe. But fun for me? Oh, you bet your biscuits it is!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Work for 94? I hate to break it to ya, but leveling has become so **** easy that 90 doesn't even mean much anymore. Hell, I've even given up some of my dailies so I could focus more on raising money, because I was leveling too fast.

thats exactly what i meant... i leveld to 90+ before all those hyper exp and things...
    watching 90+ sins around me after 2 weeks they came up its one of the most annoying thing i ever seen in pw b:angry

now money has the priority as u said... and how to get money? with cash shop obviously! pw have incredibly smart economists up there... and we all are falling in their "traps for idiots" like hyper exp, anniversary packs, oracles...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    thats exactly what i meant... i leveld to 90+ before all those hyper exp and things...
    watching 90+ sins around me after 2 weeks they came up its one of the most annoying thing i ever seen in pw b:angry

now money has the priority as u said... and how to get money? with cash shop obviously! pw have incredibly smart economists up there... and we all are falling in their "traps for idiots" like hyper exp, anniversary packs, oracles...
    Why are you getting so upset over it? I've never used anything like hyperstones.

All these high level Tideborns just means I get more undergeared tards to swat away whenever I'm cubing. If you're that concerned over becoming a factor, role in a new server and pray that you can keep up with the cash shoppers there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I don't think Vorhs is completely in the wrong here.

When a prize (Truly high lvl) is achieved through hard work (This is actually the basic principle of Kung Fu, great skill gained through hard work) and then comes something that allows anyone to get the same prize, doesn't it lower the value of the said prize? Of course it does, there's no question about it.

When you ask TW factions what matters in TW today? Would anyone of them say that it's lvls? Only the very inexperienced ones maybe. LVLS doesn't matter anymore! What matters is gear and even more than gear, SKILL.

Everyone wants a skilled 90+ player. Those that hyperstoned and oracled their way have none and still need to learn the name of the game. Until they do, you still have the advantage.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    there is another problem: with hyper exp, its all just a race against the time to get high lvl!

this is totally ruining the game, cause ppl gets lvl 90 in no time and armors 70 and 80 are now useless: nobody whats them anymore, and all the work in hh 1-1 to hh 2-2 is totally useless: mats are going even too low, there is no more reason to do hh low level...

remove them immediatly, or at least make them usable just for 90+ players

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Those that hyperstoned and oracled their way have none and still need to learn the name of the game.
    Oh please... most of the oracling/hyping sins, other chars I've seen are alts of ~100 players that got bored...
    mats are going even too low,
    & actually being able to get good gear (as smb who doesnt cash shop) for cheap is bad um how?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Vohrs, bud, stop qqing, you're playing a free game, let others pay for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have to agree Vohrs. All this cash shopping stuff has made gaming hell for casual and non cash shop players, sometimes making it hard to find a faction, hard to stay in a faction, or hard to find a good squad cuz so many players don't even know how to play the game and their already lvl 70+. On top of that all this easy exp is killing PVE. Nobody quests anymore they just do their dailies, switch on their Hyper EXP stones stacked on training esotericas, and oracle grind for a few days. Ever try getting a level 90 cleric to rez you and they don't know what rez means? It's ridiculous.

Even though PWE is a business, the casual and non cash shopping players still contribute by buying the gold and boutique items from players that buy them only to make coins. As was said in another thread, give us non CSing and casual players a bit of credit and support!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BoozeLover - Dreamweaver
    BoozeLover - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Training ESOS and Hyper Stones you still have to actually do some work...

......Oracles..no work at all....

Well never used ESOS or Stones..since I tend to lvl slow and get more coins per lvl than lvl fast and end up broke. so don't really know how stones work..in the end don't really care what they do but as long as ppl actually have to do something for their lvls its ok for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sidmeyster
    sidmeyster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think it is fair to share my personal opinion here - so replying to the OP's argument - I think Hyper stones was a good idea. As you get to 90+ the exp requirement to level up grows exponentially, it will take weeks to get a level and I personally cannot wait another year to experience what the game has to offer right now (in terms of high level instances). It took me a year to get to 85 in the first place. As someone else mentioned, Hyper stones do require you to work for the exp. I have irl committments and an active guild to manage I simply do not have time to work on my char.

Again speaking for myself, I (emphasis on: personally) do not like the number of dailies that we have now. I think it is taking a lot out of the game instead of adding value. But hey, we just gotta live with it.

Happy gaming b:bye
  • covergirl81
    covergirl81 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Just one thing...the apple DIRECTLY affects the other person, by killing them.

Not at all, because I've had a great time gettin' to these levels, and I'll continue to level at my own rate, not caring how fast those around me level.

To each their own, and to their own, let it be their own.

This is well said. It's all about the ride there for me, some ppl need that speed but I like to soak in the game. I won't condemn someone else if they're taste are different. It'd be more like if everyone knew the apple is poison, now you can choose to eat it or you can choose to pass, maybe it's just too damn tastey to ignore.
  • Audjra - Raging Tide
    Audjra - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    omg noes :( There's less grind taking away from my totally imaginary perception of achievement in an MMO!
  • Theavenger - Sanctuary
    Theavenger - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    PW is a freaking money pit, and with every new cash shop item the pit just gets deeper.