Wiz vs Veno for PK

shrammer
shrammer Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
soz me nub but wats da best of the two, wiz/veno for pure pking purpose? and r wiz damage output far greater than veno? say they were versing a barb, which wud kill the barb faster and which wud die faster from the barb? b:surrender
Post edited by shrammer on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    veno is better for PvP if you have alot of IRL money or like to farm hours on end cause you can buy a cash shop pet. Wizard is better for pvp if you dont have alot of money or dont like to spend hours farming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Adversary - Sanctuary
    Adversary - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    both will die fast if the barb reaches them XD
    the damage output of a wiz is higher, but it takes long to channel his skills.
    a wizard can kill a veno, but same a veno can kill a wiz while using melee damage in foxform.
    (yes I've done that a few times, no I didn't use a phoenix)

I can kill barbs.... but I'll have to run... jump back over them, hope I don't get hit and try to heal myself while doing that...
    wizards can kill barbs easyer due to the damage output.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Latentkarma - Lost City
    Latentkarma - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    shrammer wrote: »
    soz me nub but wats da best of the two, wiz/veno for pure pking purpose? and r wiz damage output far greater than veno? say they were versing a barb, which wud kill the barb faster and which wud die faster from the barb? b:surrender

I think you would do better to spend your time learning proper English.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Depends on too many factors to say for sure... although most people will say wiz is better in PvP endgame.

Wiz will certianly outdamage a veno; their spell multipliers are quite a bit bigger then anything a veno has, but a well build veno may have more HP and a lot more crit. Veno's spells also channel faster and generally have lower cd.

If both have good builds with endgame gear, it would almost certinaly come to who gets the first hit in wins. However if the wiz crits, its pretty much game over for veno.

Endgame, nix (the cashshop pet mentioned) is not really a problem for most people; wiz can 1 shot nix quite easily, and with anti-bleed its really just a small nuisance.

Against barb; I'd say a well built veno has more of a chance due to foxform, 'hood and debuff skills. But once again, the wiz can crit for insane damage and simply 1 shot a barb. Luckily, most wizards have a fairly low crit rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    veno is better for PvP if you have alot of IRL money or like to farm hours on end cause you can buy a cash shop pet. Wizard is better for pvp if you dont have alot of money or dont like to spend hours farming.

Its really the opposite lol

If you cant afford billlions $$$ on gear veno is kinda better, just need money for a nix and you can get away with pretty average gear and refines and do good in pvp. A nix is relativley cheap compare to the amount of money people have to spend on endgame gear.

Wizard needs pretty ridiculous refines, lvl 11 skills and 99+ to rule in pvp. If you cant afford to gear up a wiz you will just get 1-2 shoot.

Neither of the classes is that good if you just wanna make a cheap pk char tho, i say make an assassin, you even get the weapons for free if lucky b:victory
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Endgame PK...

1v1

Wizzy>Veno (please note this is based on well geared versions of each char with endgame skills etc)

1 - Nix is more of an inconvenience than a genuine threat to a well geared endgame wizzy, and a lvl 101 nix is a 1-2shot depending on the spell you use

2 - Sutra combo pretty much guarantees a kill on any veno if it lands

3 - Veno DD spells < Wizzy spells

4 - Well geared endgame wizzies should have at least 10k pdef with barrier up

5 - the only real threat a veno can bring is purge in conjunction with nix. Purge is a pretty slow channeling spell and can easily be stopped using whisper FoW, and tbh by the time you've cast it the wizzy should have killed you anyway.

Things change a little in TW or group PK as the wizzy will probably not be chasing the veno but taking down HA classes (not always, but it's probably the most common situation). The main change in this case is that if the veno decides to use their purge on the wiz instead of a harder target (not that wizzies are 'aaard, but they are squishier than high HP barb/BM) then the wiz becomes very vunerable until stone barrier is back up.

That's my opinion at least - feel free to flameb:pleased
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ask to your self what class can 1 shot other classes on end game ?
    Wizard b:chuckle (end game)

And it seem assassin is physical wizard ? b:surrender

venomancer need good tactic & strategy of using 2 unit at the right time b:surrender
    Which explain why good veno is kinda rare. b:laugh

Don't forget barb arma tho o.o . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    in pk a heavy armor veno with a nix is a nightmare but only if they have a nix without one they pretty much suck at pk. a wiz does a hole hell of alot more damage than a veno oh and there is a pretty broken lvl 100 sage skill for wiz thats pretty much one hit for anyone in pk.