Demon Quest

Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary
Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I'm a level 94 Demon Cleric and am a little annoyed at PWI 4 giving me what amounts to a next to impossible quest - Have to kill Harpy Wraith (The Legendary Hero quest chain) Have World Chatted for a party and been told to go away. Would appreciate advice on this

Anarae_Xen (Sanctuary)
Post edited by Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Then don't do it? No one says you have to complete all of your quests.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    You're missing the point I'm trying to make, why give us the quest if we cant do it or find a squad to help
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    You're missing the point I'm trying to make, why give us the quest if we cant do it or find a squad to help

High-level quest, so it's supposed to be hard. Just happens that it's harder than what most of the server can do.

Just like how they give out quests for Frost in the 60s or so. Or Warsong in the 70s.

I would love to see a non-cash shopper/non-merchanter squad doing ALL the quests in the game on the level that they are given.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree that a quest for harpy wraith is stupid, especially since only Demons get it. As a Sage, I got no such quest. But at the same time, the other parts of that chain quest probably gave you exp that us Sages don't get (I checked quests on ecatomb and we get no quest to match that one). So I guess at least you got that much out of it.

Probably it will be a quest that will have to sit in your list forever until you get lucky and find a squad or trash it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Aleckane - Sanctuary
    Aleckane - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Level 97 Demon BM here. Gotta agree with Ana Xen - What sense does it make to get a quest to kill arguably the hardest boss in the game - A boss even the most powerful faction had trouble killing. They were able to kill it, yes, but they're cash shoppers with +12 weapons and armor. But what about us, the average gamers who don't have loads of money to blow in here, but want to kill it? The powerful factions will help no one but their own.

Skipping the quest would be the most logical answer, but some of us want Harpy dead.

What's good, yall?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You ain't gotta like me. You just mad cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be." -Alec Kane-
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    take a step back and look at it logically:

this game used to be Pay to Play (monthly subscription), and had a level cap of 150

that quest was probably leftover from back then, where it's easy for a squad of highlvls to take on Harpy
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Aleckane - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Mmkay, I can feel that, a quest from back in the days when there were level 150's running around, and Harpy getting killed was probably an everyday thing. Still, it's all gravy for the rich gods of PW who own the map and can kill anything at will....

But it still doesn't answer my question about us average gamers.

What about us?
    Anyone in Sanctuary looking at this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You ain't gotta like me. You just mad cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be." -Alec Kane-
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    well see that's the thing... if my (assumed) logic correct, that would mean the quest isnt supposed to be completed now. because such a quest really requires a full faction at endgame... and even then, only 6 people get credit (correct me if wrong)

seriously, this is one of those things you just have to bite the bullet and throw in the towel....
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Mmkay, I can feel that, a quest from back in the days when there were level 150's running around, and Harpy getting killed was probably an everyday thing. Still, it's all gravy for the rich gods of PW who own the map and can kill anything at will....

Actually, it's not "can kill anything at will" at all, there was a big deal when Harpy Wraith was defeated.

• Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    which faction and server killed it again? i seem to remember it being nef on sanc...
  • Aleckane - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Be it positive or negative feedback, it's nice to know someone is looking at this.

Either way though, I know someone else out there is feeling what Ana Xen and I are going through. If all us Demons can get this quest, "The Legendary Hero," then all of us should have a chance at completing it. A REAL chance rather than being potentially being killed in 1 blow.

I'll just hold out and continue training, but this is something I won't just give up on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aleckane - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    BTW Nefarious and Regicide on Sanctuary were both successful in defeating Harpy Wraith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alexenokin - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    regi did too :o wow
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Be it positive or negative feedback, it's nice to know someone is looking at this.

Either way though, I know someone else out there is feeling what Ana Xen and I are going through. If all us Demons can get this quest, "The Legendary Hero," then all of us should have a chance at completing it. A REAL chance rather than being potentially being killed in 1 blow.

I'll just hold out and continue training, but this is something I won't just give up on...

Here is the thing... just cause its out there doesn't mean its ment for you to kill. if you can't spend the money to refine enough to survive/kill it... then you go without. just like all those lamborghinis out there... that are ment for people to obtain... the rich anyways. and the people who can't afford a few hundred k... go WITHOUT.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Aleckane - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Ok, ok, I guess we're catching some folk's eyes with this subject.

I'd like to point something else out.

Last year, back when I first hit level 75, alot of the quests I had pointed me toward The Forgotten Frostland. I don't know if it's the same on other servers, but on Sanctuary it was re-done, made so that it was somewhat easier. Before the re-do though, it was impossible for even the highest of levels to venture in there, from what i'm told, and I even tried it anyway. 8 hours and many deaths. We didn't even make it to the first boss. Like Alexeno said earlier, it's probably from back in the days from when the level cap was 150, as most steered clear from the place and went through 75 on Crazy Stone, World Questing and grinding.

But, if they re-rolled Frostland, couldn't they Re-roll Harpy Wraith? I mean, not to the point to where she could be soloed like on some **** private server, but at least to give folks a chance at achieving glory without blowing their life savings in here.

Feel me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    NO. Why must everything be dumb down just so any run of the mill player can kill it. seriously... whats the point if i can just walk around and 1-2 hit everything. and back in the days... before the ff nerf... there are people who can finish and did finish. just cause you tried and died doesn't mean other are of the same caliber. harpy is the same... there are capable guild on EVERY server that can kill it. and just cause your not in one of them... doesn't mean the whole game must be dumb down to your level.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    NO. Why must everything be dumb down just so any run of the mill player can kill it. seriously... whats the point if i can just walk around and 1-2 hit everything. and back in the days... before the ff nerf... there are people who can finish and did finish. just cause you tried and died doesn't mean other are of the same caliber. harpy is the same... there are capable guild on EVERY server that can kill it. and just cause your not in one of them... doesn't mean the whole game must be dumb down to your level.

Well spoken Kiyoshi.

What's the point in playing the game if not to overcome the challenges placed before us by utilizing teamwork, communication and ingenuity?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    just because you have a quest for harpy doesn't mean you have to go do it until you and your friends are ready. you actually world chatted for harpy? this is like when lowbies used to WC about mob quests in fb39 when they get it at around lvl 37 or something...they get so upset OMG I HAVE TO DO THIS QUEST!! whats the point of giving this quest if i can't do it right here right now?

uh Jewels, Krimson, Manta, etc are we forgetting about those days? there was a time when Krimson could not be tanked by the highest level tank in my guild, we had to wait and level. now tell me, has Krimson been dumbed down? i certainly hope not. did you WC for those until you got them too?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    BTW Nefarious and Regicide on Sanctuary were both successful in defeating Harpy Wraith.

Enrage and Tao have both killed it on Heaven's Tear multiple times each. I'm sure its dies on many other servers as well.
    But, if they re-rolled Frostland, couldn't they Re-roll Harpy Wraith? I mean, not to the point to where she could be soloed like on some **** private server, but at least to give folks a chance at achieving glory without blowing their life savings in here.

Feel me?

Dumbing down Harpy Wraith would destroy the Lore of the game. Harpy Wraith is not just some random boss. She is the vessel unto which the gods of PWI impregnated to bear the return of the gods to the Perfect World. She is also the NPC you defend in Rebirth of the Gods. She is the most powerful being in the world, by Lore and story standards. Honestly the quest should be removed in the case of dumbing down, cause she isnt really supposed to be able to be killed by mere mortals.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010

Dumbing down Harpy Wraith would destroy the Lore of the game. Harpy Wraith is not just some random boss. She is the vessel unto which the gods of PWI impregnated to bear the return of the gods to the Perfect World. She is also the NPC you defend in Rebirth of the Gods. She is the most powerful being in the world, by Lore and story standards. Honestly the quest should be removed in the case of dumbing down, cause she isnt really supposed to be able to be killed by mere mortals.

Harpy deserve thatever he got coming. Think about it... i spend hours of my time defending him against hundreds of mobs while hes still in the procress of behing "reborn". And what does he do the minute hes born... he refuse to give me a dragonling essence as a token of thanks and proceed to smack me around.

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    i thought harpy wraith is a chick

with ****
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i thought harpy wraith is a chick

with ****
    b:dirty

there was a time when Krimson could not be tanked by the highest level tank in my guild, we had to wait and level
    I remember those days in 4u b:cute

Don't want Harpy quest. B) go sage.

Btw what reward does this quest give?
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    take a step back and look at it logically:

this game used to be Pay to Play (monthly subscription), and had a level cap of 150

that quest was probably leftover from back then, where it's easy for a squad of highlvls to take on Harpy
    Actually, not really. I spent a little time on a private server where everyone was 150 and had some pretty ****ing epic gear (ALL of it +12), and we still had a hard time with harpy. We'd need at least two squads worth of people to take the damn thing down. Hell, some of us arcane classes restated to HA just to survive the whole time. And that's coming from a private server wizard that had 15k HP and 10k physical resist as a pure magic arcane wizard. Still a oneshot to harpy.

Harpy is one mean mother.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aleckane - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Wow, hater alert.

From someone who's not even on the same server as I am, at that.
    I guess even trolls and spoiled rich kids blowing all of their allowance in a game even reside in forums, looking for opportunities to take shots at those who'd want the same chance that everyone else gets.

If you ain't feeling what i'm saying, especially if you're not even from where I am, then why even take the time to respond? Do your server and i'll do mine.

Gotta love the haters.

If it doesn't apply, let it fly
    If the shoe fits, wear it

Remember, guilty conscience is a motha.... well, you know the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    All these posts are interesting but doesn't answer my original question, I like to finish all my quests esp at high levels when every bit of experience counts. Instead of you all moaning answer this on my server Nef took down Harpy Wraith it took 30 people but only 6 got the kill, so again I ask what's the point of this quest
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    every bit of xp counts? what are you starved of frost, rb, cube, cs, bh, wq, grind etc etc?

the quest gives 37k exp...that's less than 3 oracles, probably would cost less than the charm burn too if you really need the exp.

and about only 6 people getting the kill, whatever, because the 37k exp is obviously more important than what Harpy drops...why do you think 30 people show up like it's a world boss? so they can watch someone else get the 37k exp?
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    All these posts are interesting but doesn't answer my original question, I like to finish all my quests esp at high levels when every bit of experience counts. Instead of you all moaning answer this on my server Nef took down Harpy Wraith it took 30 people but only 6 got the kill, so again I ask what's the point of this quest

The point is for u to see that ur ekips suck and feel the need for cash shoping more to pwi gets a little more richer.

I have the same quest as u i got 19250 hp tiger and i dont think i can tank it....(lvl98 barb)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's a very difficult end-game quest.

And if thirty people can do it once to get one squad the award, then they can do it five times (or more likely a few more, since you probably want the tank that knows how to do it in the squad each time)

World-bosses are just about the only 'raid' content in the game, after all.
  • Aleckane - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    "As well as a quest requirement with a 37k exp Reward, the Harpy Wraith also drops extremely rare materials, dragonling essence. These effetely are molds, but they can be used to make one of four level 98 Demonic weapons. These have a 99% drop rate chance, and you usually get 3, use one with 35 of each specialist material to make these weapons. It also has a good % on wraith officer badges and also drops every possible purgatol and demonal document as an additional drop."

Harpy is a "Special" boss, not a world boss

When it dies, it takes 24 hours to respawn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    When it dies, it takes 24 hours to respawn
    Hm.. i thought it took more for harpy...