Wood immune mobs

Options
Solandri - Heavens Tear
Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Venomancer
Well, AFAIK there's only one: Mountain's Finger, which unfortunately drops the Cape of Elite Leather. I've been helping a friend who's trying to get this cape mold, and thought I'd share some of the things we've found so far. I'd also like suggestions on what a veno can do against this boss because the answer I've come up with so far is: Not much.

He's immune to wood damage. Unfortunately it turns out that this means everything which does wood damage is resisted in its entirety. The pdef debuff for Ironwood does not land. The fire and water DoTs on Blazing Scarab and Frost Scarab do not land (which eliminates the idea of using Frost against wood immune mobs). Heck, Extreme Poison does not land. Obviously the DD from all the veno spells do nothing.

Even when I use Myriad Rainbow, it seems that if the poison DoT were going to land, everything is resisted. Since the poison normally lands about half the time, this means the success rate of the other effects is effectively halved. And if mind break lands, it doesn't help you any because he resists all wood damage. Almost makes it not worth trying, except it's the only skill I've been able to find which does anything to him at range.

I could melee, except he has what seems to be a nasty physical AOE. With 13k pdef at level 91, I was taking 600-1300 damage. Maybe when I get a reliable Leech at 92 I'll be able to stand up to it, but for now I take damage from it faster than I can Leech it back.

I don't want this to turn into another Feng where I burn a ton of pots so I'm left standing at range, firing Myriad Rainbow every 20 seconds, and every 30 sec I will run in, Amp and fire fox Myriad Rainbow, and run back out. The rest of the time I'm standing around useless. I've joked that I should buy a bow just for this boss.
Post edited by Solandri - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well you have that option you can buy a bow won't help much but what you CAN do is get a cleric. Rent one buy one lay one doesn't matter you need BB cause the only thing your going to do is melee it is NOT your boss. Gratefully they made fox form skills for this

You are pretty much SOL on him sorry bout our bad luck b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tamped
    tamped Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not high enough lvl to try this yet. But you might be able to kill it with Pheonix + Pet Heal right? Considering you can heal it through that boss.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the info sol, interesting topic.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Are you trying to foxform tank it or is the cleric just neglecting you? Because whenever I fight Mountain's Finger, it's pretty standard for me to foxform and melee it regardless of the boss' aoe and not having to use up any pots at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Are you trying to foxform tank it or is the cleric just neglecting you? Because whenever I fight Mountain's Finger, it's pretty standard for me to foxform and melee it regardless of the boss' aoe and not having to use up any pots at all.
    Sorry, I should've made that clear. It's just the two of us - two venos with hercs. Hers is higher level so she spamheals. I'm left mostly twiddling my thumbs.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Its got just 2.7m hp; just set to auto heal and do something else. You are doing enough just by being there and having your herc hit it.

There are wood immune mobs in RB, and I always used to melee those in foxform, but seems its out of question if his aoe hits too hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not much you can do other than timely trees, ST's, and pots. You aren't even tanking it so it should be much easier. Have you ever solo'd, say, Ethereal?
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I wonder if "wood immune" means "reduces wood damage by X%" where X >= 110?

If so, then perhaps raising your attack level might help? I know you have attack level 10, but frenzy would raise it further...

Otherwise, having two pets seems like a good thing, especially if yours does useful debuffs or damage or something?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Immune means it pops up "Immune" when you hit it, not "0" so I think it's more than just damage reduction (and damage reduction wouldn't stop the debuff either)

Using a pet to apply pierce sounds like a good plan, if you can get one that will survive the aoe.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea, stay at range and spam heals... nothing much to do
    probably genie skills like tagling mire
    tamped wrote: »
    Not high enough lvl to try this yet. But you might be able to kill it with Pheonix + Pet Heal right? Considering you can heal it through that boss.
    lol, i want to see you summoning a nix in fb99
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Immune means it pops up "Immune" when you hit it, not "0" so I think it's more than just damage reduction (and damage reduction wouldn't stop the debuff either)

Using a pet to apply pierce sounds like a good plan, if you can get one that will survive the aoe.

when you hit it, it says resist where your damage should be. not immune.

no flying pets in fb's.

wood immune means immune to wood, meaning no dmg, attk level will not help this.

The only thing you can do is physicaly dmg. But a bow would hardly be any help on a arcane or heavy veno due to low dex.

at least there are two herc DDing the boss, i wouldnt get too worried about not being able to spam skills from far away. Just take it as a nice break from a long fb b:victory
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.