Forbid gear viewable for others

2»

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Mumintroll speaks sense. Those who dont want it of is because they will not know who has poor gear that can lead to a quicker kill. Instead they could without knowing attack a skilled player with +10 everything and leave their e-peen limp and destroyed. Without being able to see people's gear it would become a lottery on attacking people,which in turn i think PK activity will drop even lower, meaning higher levels will rely more on level 30 kills to get their name on the rank board.

Just dont ever buy tokens of Mumin because they are cursed b:surrenderb:cry.

Edit: Im speaking purely on a PvP view not a PvE view for players in your squad that your going to do BH/TT/FF with etc.

... What about people like me? I like looking at the gear and refines of friends and faction mates. Much quicker than trading them and asking them to show all of their gear.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Mumintroll speaks sense. Those who dont want it of is because they will not know who has poor gear that can lead to a quicker kill. Instead they could without knowing attack a skilled player with +10 everything and leave their e-peen limp and destroyed. Without being able to see people's gear it would become a lottery on attacking people,which in turn i think PK activity will drop even lower, meaning higher levels will rely more on level 30 kills to get their name on the rank board.

Just dont ever buy tokens of Mumin because they are cursed b:surrenderb:cry.

Edit: Im speaking purely on a PvP view not a PvE view for players in your squad that your going to do BH/TT/FF with etc.

exactly. It even worse. Some PKiers camping in boring room and killing almost every1 but first they their check gear. Then they have HUGE epeen how many players they killed.

P.S. I wish you sell my tokens with double profit. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    EDIT: My avatar is wrong i got demon last night and they haven't even changed it b:cry.

Totally off-topic, but Hunter, your forum avatar doesn't change if you go Demon or Sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary
    VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok. I should put option to the poll not just yes or not but another option to turn it off or on option. To have this option would be nice for every1.

if u have option turn on/off then every1 will turn off so no1 could see ur gear. Its like "i cant see his gear so why they should see my gear?" there could be some heavy cashopers showing every1 his gear..But thats who just wanna show off.
    My in-game name is:
    V i l k a s P i l k a s
    where l is L b:victory

Sorry for my bad english b:surrender
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it would be unfair to players who dont cash shop, hence dont have fash to hide armor.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Totally off-topic, but Hunter, your forum avatar doesn't change if you go Demon or Sage.

Also off topic, but...it should!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Also off topic, but...it should!

Also also off-topic, but that'd be awesome! At the very least, a white border around your avatar for Sage, and a purple one for Demon. You keep the brown one if you're slow and haven't done the Culti yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I personally like being able to see other people's gear. When I was a tiny little newblet learning the ways of the world, looking at people's gear both made me think they were godly (oh how misinformed I was, but those were the days) and also, what gear I should be going for.

Also, knowing the gear older players used helped give you a hint on how to build you character.

In a PvP environment however, perhaps it would be nice if you could turn the feature on or off. Of course... there's two sides to this argument.

If you look at other player's gear to try and see what they're wearing, and yet you don't want to be able to see what you are wearing... that's a little unfair, no?

If you suggest something like this, you need to be prepared to accept you shouldn't make use of it either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I guess my friend just saw Mumintroll on HT.
    She apparently has terrible gear.
    No wonder she suggested this.
    b:surrender
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They wont take it out, its a sales tool, so you can see other people cash shop gear and be jealous, and buy gold so you can get it yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I know, i was referring to my level lol. It should change for demon/sage though.
    ... What about people like me? I like looking at the gear and refines of friends and faction mates. Much quicker than trading them and asking them to show all of their gear.

If you would as be so kind as to look at the bottom of my post i said i was referring to PvP not about PvE and squad/faction mates.
    exactly. It even worse. Some PKiers camping in boring room and killing almost every1 but first they their check gear. Then they have HUGE epeen how many players they killed.

P.S. I wish you sell my tokens with double profit. b:victory

How many of those on the ranking board farmed level 30s for that rank, i can see quite a few that i've seen sat outside west gate...everytime you kill someone lower than you by 30 levels you should lose -1 rank kill unless you are attacked by said person but that is a totally different subject.

I wish i could just sell them let alone for double profit b:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
    edited February 2010
    b:surrender

I told you I had terrible gear. Or do you think this is terrible gear?
    Just quick link not sharded and some pieces missing.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0918a002e186bcd0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I sometimes put on cheap gear to prevent people checking out my real gear.

Its your gear and should be your say wether you want to show it or not - there needs to be an option, but since this is PWI I'm not going to hold my breath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I like things the way they are now. I LOVE seeing what other people have equipped. I don't PvP, though, so obviously don't have the problem that the OP is complaining about...And I can see, somewhat, why they want the option to turn it off, but...Like I said, I like it better this way.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited February 2010

wtf no? what Cash shopper is saying thats bad gear XD well maybe your missing some but those pieces you have say you have the money to get good gear for what you are missing x.x
    Um im not into Pvp but XD this is bad gear ???? its not sharded excpet mag sword i want to pack them with immacs but i know it will take a while and was going to go for TT gold at 99 XD
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2bd6f9151905a7c5 xD??

XD don't pay attention to that rly rly low phy deffense it would be different if the gear was sharded XD
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • LingBanamu - Lost City
    LingBanamu - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is just me expanding on the suggestion, I'm not saying whether I support it or am against it.

Base the ability to see gear on the number of hours infamous; you can only see the equipment of people equal to or greater than your hours of infamy. The only exception to this is if you are squadded with the person whose equipment you want to view. I think this would appeal to both the pvp and the pve side of the game, with the sense of "fair" in mind.

-Ling
    I've moved to LC, perhaps permanently. Goodbye Sanctuary, I know that nobody there knows me. :D
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is just me expanding on the suggestion, I'm not saying whether I support it or am against it.

Base the ability to see gear on the number of hours infamous; you can only see the equipment of people equal to or greater than your hours of infamy. The only exception to this is if you are squadded with the person whose equipment you want to view. I think this would appeal to both the pvp and the pve side of the game, with the sense of "fair" in mind.

-Ling

almost the same as what i wrote in the first page, but with addition of the case of squad.
    it seems to be the best to cover most players demand (well, if pwi can do anything to this lol)
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Oh dear. I hope that was sarcasm, because that looks like pretty nice gear to me, on a PvE server. Coincidentally, if pkers were looking to kill you, they'd now know almost exactly what you are wearing.

On topic, though, for me I like looking at others' gear to kill time, see what people are wearing, and see how I stack up. It also gives you a level indication, which I think is important for PvP purposes. It goes both ways when you can see gear--those looking to gank people will pick on ones with low gear, but those looking for fair fights may not kill someone with gear of a much lower level/calibre.

Although, the best way for pwi to make money would be to prevent you from looking at gear and have Eyes of Observations the only way to see others' gear/level, and to sell those in cash shop. Fashion sales would rise so others couldn't see your armour and the Eyes would be more popular as a consumable item. But just forget I said that b:avoid
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It doesn't really matter if they do allow a feature to disable others from examining your gear upclose. Does anyone here remember an item called the "Eye of Observation" - which you can trade in 13 tokens for 10 of them (not very hard to obtain or expensive,its not like you will be using it on every player that you meet). Using them will display the attributes of the player, which I find more helpful if you are a serious pker since it will also give you info on their hp amount and build (str, mag, etc...), from your experience you can pretty much judge if they have good equipments. If they add in the feature to make others seeing your gear as an option, people will just use the eye of observation.

A funny story, there was this time I did a bh run with this barb, with good gear and good hp for his level from examining his gear. He keeps blaming his failure to tank Pole/nob on the cleric. I finally used eye of observation on him - he had like 100 points into magic b:chuckle. Wished I had known this before working with him in the squad. And when i questioned him, he response - "I need mp for aggro skills and magic defense." b:chuckle
    edited February 2010
    Oh dear. I hope that was sarcasm, because that looks like pretty nice gear to me, on a PvE server. Coincidentally, if pkers were looking to kill you, they'd now know almost exactly what you are wearing.

On topic, though, for me I like looking at others' gear to kill time, see what people are wearing, and see how I stack up. It also gives you a level indication, which I think is important for PvP purposes. It goes both ways when you can see gear--those looking to gank people will pick on ones with low gear, but those looking for fair fights may not kill someone with gear of a much lower level/calibre.

Although, the best way for pwi to make money would be to prevent you from looking at gear and have Eyes of Observations the only way to see others' gear/level, and to sell those in cash shop. Fashion sales would rise so others couldn't see your armour and the Eyes would be more popular as a consumable item. But just forget I said that b:avoid

I just responded to this post.

MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I check gear often, and I don't PVP. Generally gives me a good indication on how far I can push damage, will have to heal, or just watch out. When I see 70-ish barbs with lv50 armor and 40-something weapons... I get scared. (Actually happened to me some time back).

So yeah. I'd like to keep the ability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    why? when i see armour or an outfit on someone else that is interesting, i always like to look at it. in the case of armour/weapon, its helpful to know what i can look forward to at a higher level, to see what gems they sharded with to get different glows/sparkles, etc. with outfits, its fun to try on something that is especially nice...if you cant own it, its fun to at least see what you would look like if you did!b:chuckle

I think it should be forbidden to see any1 gear to anybody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Black_Aces - Dreamweaver
    Black_Aces - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think in regular play, it should be askable like duel requests and friend requests. I usually have to wear lower lvl armor in pk mode or right b4 a duel to throw people off. but in pk mode it should be forbidden. I use it to see what gear I want to get and such, but I think it should be an askable option instead of juts doing it.

On another note, fashion wise, i like to see what it is called if i like the look of it. But to fiz the whole deal, It needs to be an option in the game options menu. u can block trade/squad requests and things of that nature, so they should add the block player info option. That way everyone that likes to show off what they wear can, and people who wants to hide it, can hide it.
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Why shouldn't we be able to see it? The only reason I can think of is if you are embarassed because you have crappy gear.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!