When should i cap vit at?

Options
__Nymph__ - Sanctuary
__Nymph__ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Venomancer
So i'm a hybrid now and i want to have more attack power but i'm worried about my survivability.I want to know what's the minimal number of vit i need to not be too squishy.I'm thinking 20-30?
Post edited by __Nymph__ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I haven't added any vit, and have plenty of survivability even with full offensive gear (have swap equips for survivability) for ~99.9% of what I do. HP and pdef can come from equips, refines, imbues. TT90 armor even provides much more survivability than the legendary I'm using. I'm mostly PvE though and can't give any objective feedback on PvP with such a build.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you wont gimp your offensive ability at all even going as high as 100. it offers a larger buffer zone before your charm goes off, and adds significantly higher defenses than the above posters suggestion of pure mag. if youre seriously worried, id take it only to about 50 though, as with 90 gear and decent stat adds you could easily break 100 vit/5k hp.

i mean, look at these, for just a basic example
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=ae162cc933f820d5 <- vit
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1c21c44474dff398 <- no vit

7021-7125 vs 6445-6540
    which yields 7073 avg vs 6493 avg damage which is a small 9% difference. with the way attacks work in game, this is a miniscule amount. dont worry about hampering your magic attack at all, and get 50 :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I've got my vit at 100 now, at level 82...I think that's MY personal cap. I like to be able to survive a couple of hits, just in case.

I was playing another level 82 veno yesterday, with only 9 vit. Omg. ._. Died so much because she couldn't take more than 1 hit from the fb mobs we were fighting...And all of her gear was sharded with HP shards.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I've got my vit at 100 now, at level 82...I think that's MY personal cap. I like to be able to survive a couple of hits, just in case.

I was playing another level 82 veno yesterday, with only 9 vit. Omg. ._. Died so much because she couldn't take more than 1 hit from the fb mobs we were fighting...And all of her gear was sharded with HP shards.

Garnets are more bang for the buck, and there are many pertinent details being left out. I see many venos with equips that should be NPC'd rather than used. -Doesn't make the build bad: just the player cheap.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

9 vit? I only have 7 base vit, at 19 vit with addons and 3.1k hp unbuffed. and all my gear is sharded citrines, I'm LA atm, and i rarely die. Maybe she was doing something wrong in the fb? Like, not controlling pet heal aggro, or just rushing through when they clearly don't have a clue what to do ( I see alot of venos doing this ) Or maybe her gear was ****.
    >.<
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm LA atm
    consider the fact, the 9 vit'er may have been arcane citrine. how else would they die so fast? you have this thing called defense lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yus, she's pure arcane (and yes, her equipment isn't the best, by any means, haha).

When I played her, my problem was getting far enough away so I had enough time to pull out the herc and catch the mob - that was when the mobs hit me, and just 2 measly hits = death.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    consider the fact, the 9 vit'er may have been arcane citrine. how else would they die so fast? you have this thing called defense lol.

true, but imo any arcane wearer should be using garnets in most if not all their armor. if you need extra HP, just put the citrines in your head gear or cape. Thats what i'd do if i was arcane. ofc there is refining though, but sharding is easier imo

EDIT: also my def isnt that good imo. im a def ****, so i could use more. definately not keeping this build at 9x. ofc i can get 6k+ buffed in fox form atm, but.. i dont like that, would rather have more.
    >.<