Why cleric?

Options
Must - Lost City
Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
Hello ppl ive been a barb since ever u just getting really bored and im thinking on rolling another class, so um always used to go in front , lead and stick my nose on mobs fbs bosses bhs etc.

So the see the other point of view, id like to play the cleric char, can u tell me why u chosse pros and cons?

Wt about clreric always QQ about they class is so expensive, isnt my class the expensive one?

And why 3,2 wings from TB are 20 gold cheaper than the others classesb:angry
Post edited by Must - Lost City on

Comments

• Segomo - Dreamweaver
    Segomo - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For me...it's the happy feeling of supporting everyone in a loving....caring...humbling manner....

Hah! Okay, for real? Some people may not say it, but Clerics ARE well rounded. We're the only mage class that has a physical damage "spell", we can use metal magic, we can buff ourselves and if we wanna be horribly mean...NOT buff others...we can curse people, and frankly most of the "party" stuff in the game, you couldn't do without a cleric.

Face it...we are awesome....and we are loved, as we justly should be.

p.s.- The Heals....really help too
    DREAMWEAVER
    Segomo - Lvl100 - Cleric
    Mictain - Lvl91 - Psychic
    Eros_Nyx - Lvl68 - Veno (o.O?)

Magic is in my blood, take it away and what am I left with? It is my crutch and my sword, my life and eventually...my death.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For me it was just the best char to pick to play with and help my friend who came into PWI with me. (actually started as archer and rolled another char)

But concering playing in squads: I think it's a nice char if you are someone who likes multitasking tests. It's more like an anesthesiologist watching monitors and tweaking stuff. The better you know what you can expect, what is coming next, and when to communicate with people in the squad, the more proactive and anticipating you can be in your playing style instead of playing reactive. As a result you can help things run smoothly and make it look really easy.

It's a good solo char for it's quests because of it's skills/ heals and buffs although not really as good as other classes IMO.
    It's not really good for grinding, even if you AOE grind. Everything you do depends on mana, so to do it cost efficiently, you mostly take longer to grind. A lvl 45 veno can make more coins in an hour grinding then a lvl 80 cleric, almost without even looking at what it's hitting, just using TAB autotarget and one attack macro with a heal every third step. It makes more sense to grind too, since it levels up your pets. Also, you can solo most instances much faster, much makes a big chunk of coin.

The higher your skills the more they will cost, ofcourse to get them, but also to use them. So you tend to use more and more mana as your level goes up.

I would say, try a cleric, if you can balance the costs and still like it at lvl 80, stick with it.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I do it for the hugs.

And the ability to solo grind all I want - aoe'ing spiders for fun and profit :D

Also as Pale said, balancing all aspects of the class inside a party instance is a great deal of fun - keeping everyone safe and sound and also DDing at the same time is good fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Pros;
    -if you like being the busiest class its the one for you.
    -solo skill is high

Cons;
    -same if not more charm r ape than barb costs combined.
    -squish unless you are attentive
    -its kinda hectic having to watch everything on the screen AND all you and your squad mates status + HP, no other class including barb has to babysit THAT much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    pros
    - least squishy among the squishies due to plumeshell, heals, and self buffs
    - phy and mag attack
    - Good AOE attacks
    - many purposes in party: heal, debuff, mob control, attack, tank( in some cases).
    - Not replaceable in parties
    - purify is godly if you get debuffed
    - can solo any boss that hits less than 1000HP(at lvl80).

cons
    - most squishy among squishies without plumeshell, heals, or buffs( though archers with bad gear may be squishier)
    - priority target in TW & PK
    - no stun immunity skill
    - slow w/ not leap skills
    - MP management requires lots of skill
    - You can't go AFK-autoheal on bosses
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cleric always play 1vs5, while others 1v1

if u like being busy, then u shud choose it
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I chose it because I play a healer in another rpg which is harder.I would say most said the pros and cons.I would say Wizards are more squishy then we.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Krisp - Raging Tide
    Krisp - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I played a veno first, but it was to hard to find any squad to do bhs and stuff + i was bored on veno to easy. So decided to try a harder class and went with cleric. I loved it from the first day and the best, you only have to go to arch and say your a cleric and get tons of inv to bh b:victory

But the cons is that you die very easily to psy mobs and in bh/fb you have to run for your life to get away from a mob thats attacking you.
    About the money propblem i didnt actually had a propblem with that lol. Even tho i buy tons of mp pots i have money to skills and stuff.

Go with cleric, its fun ;D
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    These are the questions to ask yourself.

1. Do I want random people asking me for buffs?
    2. Do I want to be constantly asked for revives.
    3. Do I want to tank 5 people in PvP at once while my squad mates pick them off?
    4. Do I want to destroy everything in PvE?
    5. Should I blacklist those people asking me for buffs now?
    6. Why am I reading this?
    7. Do I want to always have a spot on BH/TT squads because everyone needs me?
    8. Should I go Demon or Sage?
    9. Why the hell am I still reading this ****?

Anyway... I chose to be a Cleric because when my friend and I came to this game he said to try them because they were pretty cool. I stuck with it, learned my class, and became pretty damn good at what I do. Clerics may be squishy and have to be attentive but we're what make squads work. I enjoy being a Cleric, it's fun and instead of just healing or DDing I can do both on a boss. Clerics are very versatile and that's got to be my most favorite part about them.
  • MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver
    MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    5. Should I blacklist those people asking me for buffs now?

No comment b:chuckle
  • Glerig - Heavens Tear
    Glerig - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hello ppl ive been a barb since ever u just getting really bored and im thinking on rolling another class, so um always used to go in front , lead and stick my nose on mobs fbs bosses bhs etc.

So the see the other point of view, id like to play the cleric char, can u tell me why u chosse pros and cons?

Wt about clreric always QQ about they class is so expensive, isnt my class the expensive one?

And why 3,2 wings from TB are 20 gold cheaper than the others classesb:angry

Personally i think the ppl who played barb as main cant play as cleric, it would be too boring for them. Probably im wrong but thats my thought.

And if u wanna try, try it till u can do bhs and see how is the cleric's squad game. Maybe u like it, maybe not.

The better of being a cleric is when ppl really recognize ur effort and good work (if u did it), and the worst of being a cleric is the opposite and when ppl blames u when is not ur fault b:surrender

And yeah we re the most expensive class together with barbs, at least till lv75 when u can get a lv75 sesame that gives u 5k MP and u can buy it for less than 2k the most of the time.

Peace b:victory
  • Snowstep - Sanctuary
    Snowstep - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Everything that is needed to be said has been done so. ;3

I personally love feeling needed and hate being squishy.

I'm sure everyone else's replies are enough to satisfy your question. ^^
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I rolled cleric based on an assumption proven when I played a wiz on Raging Tide server: I don't trust anyone else to do it well. I keep people alive, and I prevent charm ticks. That def. doesn't sound like much, but it's way more than can be said of the majority of clerics I squadded with when not one myself.

As was said by others, be ready to pay attention, A LOT. You know that scenario where you flesh ream one mob, and while waiting on cooldown the archer attacks a second mob? You get frustrated/whatever and try to maintain aggro.

I keep that archer alive. Usually that kind of behavior stops at 80+.

My two cents.
  • __Nymph__ - Sanctuary
    __Nymph__ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think you will get bored with the cleric,because my friend who played barb tried cleric and he got bored because he didn't like to stay afar and just do the healing he wanted some action b:victory

CLERIC FTW!
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i picked cleric becuase

1 and only reason: LOLUPISSEDMEOFFIMLETTINGUDIENOW
  • Roseddesor - Heavens Tear
    Roseddesor - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Pros: