Macro's & Cheese ...

FoxxOnTheRun - Sanctuary
FoxxOnTheRun - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
hey all, I feel like a bit of a tool asking but ... I was told there are no stupid questions lol...

I have no clue about Macro's and am looking for some guidance in learning about them ..

Any help would be appreciated

b:thanks
I was standing in the park wondering why frisbee's got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by FoxxOnTheRun - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Macros are basically something you create.

Hit 'R'

Go to the bottom where it says "Combo Skills" and hit the "New" button.

Drag skills across from your skill window into the second window that pops up, thus creating a combination of skills. Be aware, I've noticed that sometimes if you use the same skill twice in a combo it won't actually work 100% of the time.

Hit done in the second window that popped up and now in your "Combo Skills" area there should be a new little icon.

Drag that icon into a hotkey bar, find a mob, and press your new little icon. You should fire off the combination of skills in the order you placed them in.

And that is a macro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxxOnTheRun - Sanctuary
    FoxxOnTheRun - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thanks very much for your response. I'll play around with this a bit when I get in game today. I am not sure how much I will use this currently. Though I'm sure it will come in handy at some point.

b:bye
    I was standing in the park wondering why frisbee's got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Macros are good to use when you work out an epicwin combo and don't feel like pressing each individual key. It also means you won't accidently miss out a step of the combo yourself.

However, keep in mind if you don't have the mana/chi/ammo to use the next skill in the chain the macro will quite simply stop, as it's unable to channel the next bit of the combo. So macros are good to use if you know you won't have to change half way through due to lack of mana or something else. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you start the macro with "walk behind enemy" then the macro will repeat untill you run out of mana/chi, change targets, target dies, or one of the skills is in cool-down (experiment with timing, and this shouldnt be a problem). if you are using a macro that include pet heal, the macro will also stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Macros are also good when you want to look like a purposeless zombie. Especially good with Archers, where you can make a macro where you deal with all mobs by pressing, pretty much, one or two buttons.

Btw, has anyone tested if it's possible to macro macros? That is, can you make macros where one or more component is a previously saved macro?

Oh, and also, using any software to make macros, such as the software that comes with most mices or keyboards, is a bannable offense, IIRC.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you start the macro with "walk behind enemy" then the macro will repeat untill you run out of mana/chi, change targets, target dies, or one of the skills is in cool-down (experiment with timing, and this shouldnt be a problem). if you are using a macro that include pet heal, the macro will also stop.

not true

i made the following macro for my veno:
    repeat > pet heal > venom scarab

it worked just fine b:bye
    Macros are also good when you want to look like a purposeless zombie. Especially good with Archers, where you can make a macro where you deal with all mobs by pressing, pretty much, one or two buttons.

Btw, has anyone tested if it's possible to macro macros? That is, can you make macros where one or more component is a previously saved macro?

Oh, and also, using any software to make macros, such as the software that comes with most mices or keyboards, is a bannable offense, IIRC.

you cannot macro macros, ie putting one already-made macro into another

have tried it before b:surrender
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...