Why am I so damn POOR?

TurboWolf - Harshlands
TurboWolf - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
And by poor, I mean having 62 coins at lvl77.

I play like 2 hors daily, in my opinion that shouldn't be too much nor too little, but I spend most the time grinding for DQ, so I can buy those damn expensive skills!

I do like 3 BHs per week, because if I do more, I'll just be higher level with tons of spirit and no coin to get the skills...

To top level players: Do you get more income or will I always be poor?

To fully geared players: Where the poopies do you get the coins from?

And why do I see lvl90 assassins around if I've been playing since summer? D=
Post edited by TurboWolf - Harshlands on

Comments

• Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I play like 2 hors daily, in my opinion that shouldn't be too much nor too little, but I spend most the time grinding for DQ, so I can buy those damn expensive skills!

I do like 3 BHs per week, because if I do more, I'll just be higher level with tons of spirit and no coin to get the skills...

make da veno get herc and be happy ^^
  • Roseddesor - Heavens Tear
    Roseddesor - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Well first off your a Cleric and that drains coins like no other, also in PWI you gotta squad rare drop runs and solo farm sometimes. PWI to make money (assuming your not cash shopping at all) you really have to make most of your time. If your a social person I'd say cash shop as much as you can lol
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dont know much about a cleric's expenditure but I can tell you this. Choose a good mob to grind and not simply something you find. Usually mobs which are 2~3 levels lower than you are easy kills and do drop DQs which can be sold. This way you minimize on the potions used.

Also it might help to completely stop BHs till you have substancial funds for the "necessary" skills and equips of your class. You can work on other skills later on.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sell the DQ items, don't do the DQ's.

DQ items than you can NPC is your main income of coins from grinding (up to 100k in an hour is easy).

Those 90+ sins are cash shoppers who used oracles. In Dreamweaver there is one 100+ with full rank8 and nirvada gear.

Do TT's and sell the mats. As a cleric you get 2nd pick, which allows you get high valluable mats, it's a good way to get your money
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The recommendation to stop leveling and simply farm is actually a good one. As far as I see it my costs have risen with the value of the drops I get... the only way I really make money in-game is by selling materials for wines. 2x Drop helped me a lot... It think I made about 5 or 6 million grinding.

Clerics can also AoE grind with Ironheart 10 stacked on them and Razor Feather's 10 as your primary offensive spell. You have to fight magical monsters though, and even then it is somewhat risky. But, this means you get 6-10 opportunities for something to drop... its fun to pick up drops in a pile. It probably consumes more potions that simple 1v1 grinding, so if money is the focus that is a down side.

The level 90 assassins payed for their levels; not that this is a bad thing. But its a fact. All of the lv.90+ assassins I have talked to used oracles to reach a certain level and are now using Hyper Stones in Frostcover. Most people with godly gear have managed to obtain it through the cashshop or by selling gold. It just takes longer for us limit or non-cashshoppers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2010

DQ items than you can NPC is your main income of coins from grinding (up to 100k in an hour is easy).

Those 90+ sins are cash shoppers who used oracles. In Dreamweaver there is one 100+ with full rank8 and nirvada gear.

Do TT's and sell the mats. As a cleric you get 2nd pick, which allows you get high valluable mats, it's a good way to get your money

not gonna say name but there is a 101 sin on harshlands
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Please see the Money making : How to do it. thread for tips on how to make and save money. Anything I said would just be a repeat of something said there.
  • TurboWolf - Harshlands
    TurboWolf - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So pausing BH and grinding for DQ is the way? Just like I'm doing?
    Damn slow to get money then b:surrender. Is it the same on higher levels?

As for selling TT... well, TT takes a lot of time and mana pots, so usually I end up spending more that what I get...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Turbo you is a cleric
    you get one of teh first picks in TT mats....
    learn teh TT market (this part be the most important), run lots of TT runs, sell the mats.
    also um....try to use the level 75 event pots....
    you can buy them for like 1k each and they recover about 5k mp.
    b:thanks
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roseddesor - Heavens Tear
    Roseddesor - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010

As for selling TT... well, TT takes a lot of time and mana pots, so usually I end up spending more that what I get...

Best thing you can do if your heart set on grinding is take some time to read your servers market well and see what you can collect around your level to spit out most profit. If you start at a point where you can go further with more understanding and logic usually that's the best outcome.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    learn teh TT market (this part be the most important), run lots of TT runs, sell the mats.
    Yeah. Learn the market (not just TT, but as much as you can). I know many people don't like to do this, but with the vibrant player-trade market in this game, it's a requirement. If you don't learn the market, the market will punish you by making you poor. You have to learn it not just so you can make good deals, but so you don't get ripped off (or rip yourself off). Peruse through AH to get an idea how much the different TT mats sell for (keeping in mind that those mats which have been listed the longest probably have too-high prices).

A fringe benefit is that what you learn in the game about the market and setting/negotiating prices are applicable in real life.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I made an assassin, 15 mins of grind NPCing DQ and I made 170k. lvl 34
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Join Nef on Sanc server so you can get a weekly income of a few million.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well since you are a cleric, on your bh's you can make them wait for you while you fly. and often times clerics dont have to pay for the wine -_-
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Do your bh, but dump the EXP into your genie. It allowed me to get all my 49 skills and level up some good ones I'd been neglecting.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010

The fastest way to make money is not grinding, but to buy and sell in the auction house/catshop markets, though you could be wrong and lose money. Farming mats is profitable but it's boring and you may get heavy competition from other farmers depending on your hours. The surest way is grinding, but that's slow. (You could check with Duke Blacke for a tip on the element of the day and hope for a better drop rate off mobs of that element. Water and air mobs can be killed faster.) TT only gets profitable at higher levels. TT1-1, 1-2, and 2-1 don't really turn much of a profit vs time put in. (Unless you can get into a pro-squad that do multiple runs in record time. Random squads often kill your time, exp and pot supply not to mention the runaway bankers.) TT1-3, 2-2 mat price isn't what it use to be anymore, but can still be profitable if you sale the mats and not keep them to make your gear. There is good money in higher TT runs, but those squads may not take you at your current level, especially when you don't have the coin to afford the up-to-date skills and gears.

If fast leveling isn't your priority and you don't like to play the market or don't find mat farming facinating, I would recommend starting a grinding toon. Make a full magic veno alt, take her to lvl33 update her pet heal, nuking spells, and stay there. DQ20 and DQ31 items are very popular in catshops, unlike most higher lvl DQ items. A Dull Claw, Honey Juice, or Element Fragment can fetch prices higher than DQ71, 81 drops. Create genies and dump the gained exp into them for high lucky point ones to sell. Forget 30/30, even a 25/30 LP genie will sell well. Unlike your cleric, your grinding veno doesn't need to rest to recover mp, has a very low repair bill, and requires no uber gear to grind efficiently. At lvl33 you can easily and efficiently solo FB19 instances for stamps, 3 stars, molds, even purified water. Kill regular mobs for DQ20, DQ31, rough fur, concentrated glue, purified oil, silk thread, and hay. Even the hundreds of HP and MP pots that your veno will never use can be sold. And dig those iron, steel, nectars and tuckahoes around where you are grinding. Find out the common price for your drops, then setup a shop overnight or post them to the auction house.
  • Assazou - Sanctuary
    Assazou - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ^This. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to XRiptidex for the amazing sig. you're such a beast you make Barbs look like kittens b:laugh

"Life Powder: The other white powder." -VerenKaunis b:chuckle
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Anyone that plays Sanc knows its true XD
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Everyone makes money then spends it. Write us back right before you spend your money! b:chuckle

If I save up 50 mil coins for a goldmane & then buy it ... am I now poor because I have zero coins?

Hmmmmmm.....
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Anyone that plays Sanc knows its true XD
    Is it though? I mean, a few million a week doesn't seem like it would be a lot compared to some of the gear that I see Nef members wearing.

Probably it's better to be in Nef just to get Templar's hand-me-downs than it is to get the TW income. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010

If your'e broke at 77, it's cause of this reason. NPC the DQ.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.