Goodbye PWI Forums - Thank you! <3

Options
RedsRose - Lost City
RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
Fellow forum goer’s…..(Warning Wall-O-Text)

Well, it is time for me to take leave of the Perfect World forums. This decision has been based off of a number of things, but I am confident that it is the right time to exit.

Perfect World has changed dramatically since I began playing in January and as such there has been a huge change in the forums since March when I came on here to seek out new information. Being the forum addict that I am, I was hooked. The information that can be found here for new players and veterans alike can be invaluable. Now however, I am just not sure that there is much more I can do in terms of helping/learning from these threads.

It has become a world of alts here. Granted I have mine too but they have been used when no other method would work for getting the information/point across without one looking at my mains name and immediately disregarding what was being said. Having said that though, there has been an influx of alts and those are only people unsure of what they are saying or too scared to let it be known what they think. Sad really….half the fun of a forum is in knowing who you are talking and /or discussing with. Needless to say it is a pet-peeve of mine, more so when the alt is known. Oh well, speaks of character in my opinion and speaks of those who are too afraid to speak what they think is on their minds. If you truly believe in what you say, you can post it with people knowing who you are.

It too has also become a world of trolls. Trolling is not an overall bad thing, and I too have been guilty of it, however, it seems as though there are more and more people coming on here just to tell people that they suc, are terrible or even to give people wrong answers when they are trying to get a legitimate answer. To be honest, lately I have been thankful for some of the more mundane posts, even if it can make for a boring forum at times since it is an opportunity to help those who have a question that many might think is stupid. After-all, many of the questions people have are legitimate and ones that at some point in time we all had. Not one of us joined Perfect World as an all-knowing PWI God.

There is nothing that says I will not be around and lurking, I just will not be as active and may even only check the forums every so often. Even then, I will not post on Rose. Rose’s/My time here is essentially done, although I will still check my PM’s on occasion and IF needed will update and follow any of the guides that I have done. More so the Genie Guide since the information is ever changing. For now the easiest way to get a hold of me will be in-game or by those whom I am close with here on these forums.

To my trolls -->
You know who you are...Much Loves!!! You have kept me entertained during some of the duller moments here and I still laugh about a few things. You have been great friends and to a few of you I will continue to see you in-game for the time being.

To the veterans --> Many of you have been playing this game for a lot longer then I and for your information and insight I thank you as well. I think though that the best thing has been the rivalries that have seem to carry over from closed beta times. This has made for some epic threads. And even though there have been many a thread that closed, it never failed that another one would be opened.

To the newbies --> Welcome! You will be flamed. You will be called out. Your thread will be hijacked. You will be given conflicting information. You will have a ton of fun! Just remember, the Search button is your friend, multi-quote works and necro’ing threads is very bad.

To the GM’s/Mod’s --> You all do a good job in trying to keep these forums straight and organized at times and have failed at times. It was often that I wish I had the power to just close a thread instead of PM’ing one of you. I do not know where some are lurking, but if I can catch many a posts within seconds or even minutes that should be closed, I do not know how one cannot detect them over an entire weekend. I know your pain and deal with it every day on the forums I moderate. You all are much easier on some of these threads then I would ever be and I will readily admit that. Also, playing favorites and giving out sensitive information to certain members of the community is against everything that a moderator/administrator stands for, I for one disagree with it 100%. You can have favorites, but as a moderator/administrator you have more of a duty to “protect” the forums and are LUCKY to have access and the privilege to have certain information. Sharing that with “special” members of this community astounds and saddens me and in my opinion is abuse of the “job” you have been given. All in all, keep up the work you have been doing and try to catch a few more things. If a good portion of this community can, then you all can too; same goes with learning more about the game. I have only seen one moderator/administer on this forum that knew something more than basics about the game and one who actually took time to learn about its members and learn from the members here.

As such, good luck to you all and enjoy these forums. I hate the thought, but some things you just have to do and this is something I have to do. It is no longer the forums I enjoyed months ago.

With tears, love and a smile…..RedsRose --/---

b:heartb:bye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
Post edited by RedsRose - Lost City on

Comments

• Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Red though I barely knew you and a lot of what you have said I agree with, some of it made me even question myself near the end......I do not know whats happened other than within my own little bubble, the world outside is exploding and I am stuck here watching not having a clue what the hell is causing it all.

Talga Vassternich RedRose.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First MEANINGFUL post.

b:sad

R...Reds...no...!!

...wh...who will I compete against for post count...?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First MEANINGFUL post.

R...Reds...no...!!

Incorrect I merely posted first so I could read it then go back and edit, editing nao.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First MEANINGFUL post.

R...Reds...no...!!

The GMs. :3

Farewell Rose. b:sad Though I must agree, the forums are definitely not as enjoyable as before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Incorrect I merely posted first so I could read it then go back and edit, editing nao.

Too late.

b:pleased
    The GMs. :3

Farewell Rose. b:sad Though I must agree, the forums are definitely not as enjoyable as before.

Good point. ^^;

But hey, I can still try and make the forums slightly more enjoyable...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First MEANINGFUL post.

R...Reds...no...!!

have you surpassed hamsta while no-one was looking?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    have you surpassed hamsta while no-one was looking?

No...

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You can't run from mankind by quitting the forums.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Too late.

b:pleased

Good point. ^^;

But hey, I can still try and make the forums slightly more enjoyable...

It's never to late when the edit button exist!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's never to late when the edit button exist!

b:scorn

...feh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sad to see you leave the forums...=/
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I elect you have a parting theme song and I choose this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4xr1VMeqrA
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Bye bye Rose - take care of yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • KohakuNushi - Lost City
    KohakuNushi - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well , that is realy a good reasons u have , i must say maybe all thing goes in that way everything changes for good or dont.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MadamVixen - Heavens Tear
    MadamVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    To the GM’s/Mod’s --> You all do a good job in trying to keep these forums straight and organized at times and have failed at times. It was often that I wish I had the power to just close a thread instead of PM’ing one of you. I do not know where some are lurking, but if I can catch many a posts within seconds or even minutes that should be closed, I do not know how one cannot detect them over an entire weekend. I know your pain and deal with it every day on the forums I moderate. You all are much easier on some of these threads then I would ever be and I will readily admit that. Also, playing favorites and giving out sensitive information to certain members of the community is against everything that a moderator/administrator stands for, I for one disagree with it 100%. You can have favorites, but as a moderator/administrator you have more of a duty to “protect” the forums and are LUCKY to have access and the privilege to have certain information. Sharing that with “special” members of this community astounds and saddens me and in my opinion is abuse of the “job” you have been given. All in all, keep up the work you have been doing and try to catch a few more things. If a good portion of this community can, then you all can too; same goes with learning more about the game. I have only seen one moderator/administer on this forum that knew something more than basics about the game and one who actually took time to learn about its members and learn from the members here.

I never directly spoke to or with you, but from what I've seen of your contributions, I'm sure you'll be missed. As for the above quote...VERY well said...good luck to you b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 Married to MasterLucian <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=ಢಿ.ಢಿ= <--- Foxy-Sauce-Face (Thx to **KonariRaiden** :D)
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    thats funny lol. its just a forum
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cya later reds, and yes I agree... These forums suck now T.T
    So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said.
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I never directly spoke to or with you, but from what I've seen of your contributions, I'm sure you'll be missed. As for the above quote...VERY well said...good luck to you b:bye

oi vixy hai =)
    edited February 2010
    Options
    oi vixy hai =)

Hi hi b:bye *wonders who this could be...b:puzzled b:avoid b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hi hi b:bye *wonders who this could be...b:puzzled b:avoid b:chuckle

some1 who made ur guild =)
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:sad will miss
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited February 2010
    Options
    some1 who made ur guild =)

I thought I smelled a Noob b:chuckleb:cute When'd you get this archer up so high...hrmm??? b:puzzledb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No...

b:avoid

mayhaps he did.
    07.gif

and bye bye Reds
    (T.T)
    me going to miss you.
    x_X
    sowwy me didn't get in here sooner
    me brain be hurting
    DX

they stole me invention to use for ebil....and also stole me cookies.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Suddenly, there's a huge void in the PWI forums. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Suddenly, there's a huge void in the PWI forums. b:surrender

b:surrender
    me not good at filling voids....
    hamster-in-a-box-small2.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:surrender
    me not good at filling voids....
    hamster-in-a-box-small2.jpg

You should be caged. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Farewell Reds.....You will be missed. You contributed a ton to these forums, and have spread your influence far and wide.

I always wanted to see your icon with Moderator under it. I guess it just wasnt in the cards. Best wishes to you in-game b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You should be caged. b:angry

b:cry
    me was
    >.<'
    in those black friday boxes by spoons.
    DX
    me broke out though
    X_X'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    me was
    >.<'
    in those black friday boxes by spoons.
    DX
    me broke out though
    X_X'

b:angry You should be caged there again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:angry You should be caged there again.

me was.....again
    by that one BM
    whatshisface
    DX

and then me got out
    o.O'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]