Perfect WOrld 1st of this type of MMO

sheaex
sheaex Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
now i hav seens P2P( pay to play) and F2P( free to play)
but Perfect world dont fall in1 ANY of those categories...CONGRATZ PWI as the 1ST P2W or lay to Win, **** all u need is real life money and BAM lv 100b:victory
or jus sell soem and buy that kick **** gear or even REP now thats cool
a reminder to NON- cash shoppers, PWI doesn't cater to ur wants, they jus want a new Mercedes b:chucklb:laugh
Post edited by sheaex on

Comments

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sheaex wrote: »
    but Perfect world dont fall in1 ANY of those categories...CONGRATZ PWI as the 1ST P2W or lay to Win, **** all u need is real life money and BAM lv 100b:victory
    a reminder to NON- cash shoppers, PWI doesn't cater to ur wants, they jus want a new Mercedes b:chucklb:laugh

Actually all f2p MMOs i know of are pay to win. The thing PW used to be exceptional for was not strongly relying on the cash shop. While things have gone downhill PW still remains far from being the worst offender. I could of the top of my head think of at least 5 MMOs where things are much worse than here.
  • Narore - Lost City
    Narore - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Obvious troll is obvious.
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Bugger off back to WoW or has daddy canceled your subs?b:laugh
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Proper grammar please.
    b:surrender
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010

trollspray.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Yes, cause the other 95% of the F2P market isnt P2W

/sarcasm
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    now i hav seens

I stopped reading right about here.

Posting in an obvious troll thread.b:surrender
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    a reminder to NON- cash shoppers, PWI doesn't cater to ur wants
    Tell me about it!

Four months ago I was pretty much broke in-game after having bought Rank 6 and a Scroll of Tome, and since that time I've only managed to generate this much wealth:

funds.jpg

I feel I ought to have at least double, nay, triple that amount (anybody who feels the need to donate, let me know)! It's just not fair that somebody who spends a mere $250 per month on the game should have the same amount of stuff as me. We free-to-play players just can't compete! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tell me about it!

Four months ago I was pretty much broke in-game after having bought Rank 6 and a Scroll of Tome, and since that time I've only managed to generate this much wealth:

funds.jpg

I feel I ought to have at least double, nay, triple that amount (anybody who feels the need to donate, let me know)! It's just not fair that somebody who spends a mere $250 per month on the game should have the same amount of stuff as me. We free-to-play players just can't compete! b:cry

*stares at gold and coin amount*b:shocked

....Man, shut up. b:cry
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    With $832 USD you can buy:
    32" HDTV with 1080p resolution
    Surround Sound Speakers and DVD player
    Xbox 360/PS3/Wii
    HDMI Cable
    Several Used Games

Hope your investment was worth it b:cute
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Xbox 360/PS3/Wii
    HDMI Cable
    Several Used Games

thats the point he doesnt cash shop he cat shops, look at his other posts

@OP as has been said, there are worse. and as has been pointed out so wonderfully by Warren you CAN play free if your smart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    thats the point he doesnt cash shop he cat shops, look at his other posts

@OP as has been said, there are worse. and as has been pointed out so wonderfully by Warren you CAN play free if your smart

Reading other posts is a sign of weakness. However, someone had to put that gold into the economy. That's the point I was making.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tell me about it!

funds.jpg

WarrenWolfy, you and I need to have an ingame discussion. No, I don't want your coin, or your secrets, I am sure I can work that out for myself easily enough. I just want to discuss a few things with you that you may find interesting and worth thinking about.

Btw, Nice bank. It just goes to show that a smart individual who uses their brain can do well in this game w/o spending any real cash to do it. That basically kills all the QQ that non cash shoppers can't compete with cash shoppers. b:victory

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Xbox 360/PS3/Wii
    HDMI Cable
    Several Used Games

Your a bit slow ain't ya? Dropped on your head as an infant?

~S
    edited February 2010
    Reading other posts is a sign of weakness. However, someone had to put that gold into the economy. That's the point I was making.
    Most of the Gold that I buy in the Auction House comes from people who are selling 10 Gold or less. That doesn't seem like an unreasonable entertainment purchase.
    WarrenWolfy, you and I need to have an ingame discussion. No, I don't want your coin, or your secrets, I am sure I can work that out for myself easily enough. I just want to discuss a few things with you that you may find interesting and worth thinking about.
    Sure thing, but I'm an afk cat-shop most of the time (I'm sure nobody is surprised to read that). I'm just a casual player, hence my super slow leveling ability, so I'm only actually playing for a few hours every week.

Btw, Nice bank. It just goes to show that a smart individual who uses their brain can do well in this game w/o spending any real cash to do it. That basically kills all the QQ that non cash shoppers can't compete with cash shoppers. b:victory
    Yeah, agreed. While it's true that not everybody can just cat-shop, it's also true that you don't HAVE to pay.

Ever since I started publicly posting my "secrets" (ie. buying and selling things like Anni Packs) I've now got about a half dozen direct competitors who are doing the exact same things as me. Judging by their equipment choices/behaviour/etc... they appear to mostly be "noobs" who I suspect have only been playing for 6 months at the most, and yet they appear to be financially doing roughly as well as I am.

So yeah, is Perfect World free-to-play? Absolutely. Free-to-win, even? Yup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tell me about it!

funds.jpg

im sorry but that is absurd. it is people like you who are killing this game.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010

:O

How so? b:puzzled

That's pretty damn impressive if you ask me. Smart utilization of demand and supply in a market economy is hardly killing anything.

I hope I'm not missing any obvious sarcasm here ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tell me about it!

funds.jpg

Go die b:surrender
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Warren does deserve full credit for his accomplishments. And in all fairness, as he himself just stated, he's been sharing his insight as to how to succesfully merchant for quite some time now.

Resource management is an essential part of playing an MMO, and can provide plenty of advantages to those willing to take on such challenge.

Having said that, only a relatively small part of the population will reap such benefits at any given time, so while i agree that such success can be taken as proof the game can be played for free, this has little impact on your average player. As i've said in other threads, the problem is not that the game is biased towards cash shop users. The problem is it's geared towards big spenders, leaving people that regularly spend small amounts of money out in the cold. One can be moderately succesful at merchanting and still be overwhelmed by the expenses regular gameplay will require. For myself is the reason i'm currently level capped, which has allowed me to work towards replenishing my wealth. But for people taking full advantage of today's leveling pace this can prove taxing. Undergeared characters have become the norm at some level ranges, deepening the divide between the heavy cash shopper and the people playing for free.
  • Jibreel - Harshlands
    Jibreel - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tell me about it!

funds.jpg

*idoled*
    thats crazy man O_O got a guide? =D give it to me your fellow barb :P
    edited February 2010
    But... but... I'm a COIN SINK. b:sad

Each of those Gold cost about 350k, which at 2% means I've personally sunk about 6.5million coin out of the economy for good.

Aren't coin sinks what all the doom-sayers keep insisting the game needs to stay healthy?
    *idoled*
    thats crazy man O_O got a guide? =D give it to me your fellow barb :P
    Here's the exact formula:

1) Bought/sold Anniversary Packs during October/November to earn about 60million over a month.
    2) Same in December/January, bringing total to about 120million.
    3) Bought packs, held them 1 week after sale ended, sold them, bought gold. Roughly doubled net worth to about 250million.
    4) Repeat, but with Coral packs. Doubled net worth again.

As far as pricing goes, don't be greedy. Give buyers lower prices and pay suppliers higher prices, thus increasing sales volumes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

Why exactly is this absurd? He hasn't purchased zen, he has used in game resources to acquire what he has. Not his credit card. What he shows is that a person that works smart, doesn't NEED to use their credit card, they can do well in game without one.

I think the problem here with you is your green with envy that someone can have that kind of coin, and gold, and never have spent a dime on this game.

You know.. I see you post stuff like this, and I think, 'God what an idiot!'

I think you were dropped on your head as an infant and suffered brain damage TBH.

~S
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    222.jpg
    August

Untitled22.jpg
    As of now
    If Roid can do it, you can do it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    CONGRATZ PWI as the 1ST P2W or lay to Win

What?

Anyway, pretty much all F2P games with a cash shop are P2W. You're pretty late mate.

@Saitada: Lol, why are you so mean?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    @Saitada: Lol, why are you so mean?

awsomeness.jpg

~Saitada
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lay to Win

**snicker**
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Why exactly is this absurd? He hasn't purchased zen, he has used in game resources to acquire what he has. Not his credit card. What he shows is that a person that works smart, doesn't NEED to use their credit card, they can do well in game without one.

I think the problem here with you is your green with envy that someone can have that kind of coin, and gold, and never have spent a dime on this game.

You know.. I see you post stuff like this, and I think, 'God what an idiot!'

I think you were dropped on your head as an infant and suffered brain damage TBH.

~S

lmfao sai. you've not only managed to offend me, but you clearly went out of your way to do it. and it's completely unjustified. i've been nothing but nice to you and i've often defended you when others would trash you. thank you for making me see the errors of my ways and proving those other people right. seriously, what the hell crawled up your **** lately? historically you've been one of the few to always make me laugh with your posts, but lately you've just become a blatant troll, starting arguments where none needed to exist. you've gone from clever and witty to just being a perpetual jerk. and i'm an idiot? lol. you're right. i'm an idiot for ever having liked you.

and just for clarification, what is absurd is that some people have that much currency hoarded when majority of the server considers 5 mil rich. yea, i understand, the way he plays the game is cat shopping almost 24/7. of course he's gonna rake in that much.

now i could insert a dig at you here about the brain damage your years as a junkie caused, but i wont stoop down to your level. somebody born in america raised on the english language who still cannot grasp (and admittedly refuses to even try) the difference between your and you're doesn't need somebody to insult them, they do it all on their own.

and no, you're not mean. you're just incredibly and increasingly obnoxious. consider me one of the converted.
    edited February 2010
    If Roid can do it, you can do it!
    Egads! It's one of my sworn enemies, uh, I mean, competitors! b:chuckle

lol... I'm estimating about 1.5 billion or so, by the looks of it. Outstanding. I am humbled.

From now on when I try to tell people that I'm not nearly as rich as some of my competitors, I'll know where to direct them to see some proof!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    and just for clarification, what is absurd is that some people have that much currency hoarded when majority of the server considers 5 mil rich. yea, i understand, the way he plays the game is cat shopping almost 24/7. of course he's gonna rake in that much.

But how does that kill the game ?_?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    5 mill rich ? b:shocked
    Then how those 8x + learn their skill and get their armor ? b:chuckle
    Isn't all end game gear at last cost 200m ? b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
This discussion has been closed.