Pwi Causing Blue Screen

manueldelacruz
manueldelacruz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Support Desk
I have come accross an issue with pwi where it is blue screening my computer

i was sent this information There is a little tweak that you can do to the game's systemsettings.ini file to get the game to run better on older hardware, and integrated graphics (because the game keeps getting more content). This should help all integrated video chipset players, and those who have hardware that just meets the minimum and just under minimum system requirements. The game should also use less system resources overall, especially when you minimize the game. As this does not affect gameplay, it is NOT considered a cheat. We want people to be able to get into and play the game!

1) Make a copy of your game's systemsettings.ini file BEFORE you copy in the new Video settings.

2) In the \element\userdata folder, open up the systemsettings.ini file with Notepad.

3) Highlight what is in the file under the [Video] part of the text, and delete it.

4) Now Copy and Paste the following into the same place: [Video]Level = 0Sight = 0WaterEffect = 0SimpleTerrain = 1TreeDetail = 0GrassDetail = 0CloudDetail = 0Shadow = 0MipMapBias = 0SunFlare = 0AdvancedWaterUD = 0TexDetail = 2SoundQuality = 2VerticalSync = 0GammaNew = 83

5) Now Save it.

6) Start the game, and DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE GRAPHIC SETTINGS.

7) The game will launch full screen in 800x600 mode. Just relax and notice that the framerate should be higher. (You can test this using FRAPS) If you change the game to run in windowed mode, and in a higher resolution, we can't promise you the same performance increase. However, it should be a better overall improvement. If you change any of the other settings, it will put the old higher defaults in as 0 (zero) and you may have problems running the game. So you will then need to copy and paste the [Video] section back into the systemsettings.ini file and Save it again. Please note the game must NOT be running when editing and saving the systemsettings.ini file. Let us know if you need additional support :)

my issue with this part is ---> 2) In the \element\userdata folder, open up the systemsettings.ini file with Notepad.

where do i find this to do it i searched for it direct in start menue as they call it here and nothing i looked through all i can see im not gr8 at these things i really need some help
Post edited by manueldelacruz on

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    modifying the files in that way is ban-able.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
This discussion has been closed.