What do you do so you don't die?

2»

Comments

• HairyFocker - Lost City
    HairyFocker - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This isnt in reply to any specific post or question but i thought it might be useful for som ppl out there..

this mainly wud concern ppl from lvl 29 plus considering the skill i mention..

Basiclly.. Tackling slash.. regardless of if the mob is gonna try kite me or not this is a god send.. i mean i cant use my chi fast enough.. i near spark on everymob i kill..
    Thnx to shadow escape i always hav a spark to start with.. then i tacklin slash > Spark > normal hit mob.. they are dead in second and thnx to the 50 bonus of skill plus the chi from normal hit i almost always hav a spark again straight away and just repeat.. i kill all mobs my lvl with ease and only get hit like 2 or 3 times..

hey, i always forget the chi bonus of TS.. nice tip.. gonna try this when i get home..b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    "male sins all look like **** bags. they need to take out that hunched-over-emoing-at-ground-fidgeting-like-you-have-a-potato-up-your-**** pose."
    - Varscona
    priceless! and quite true b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have no trouble fighting melee mobs while using Life Powder, however, ranged mobs still give me trouble. My main is an archer so I have very little experience chasing after mobs. I know that at lvl 29, Tackling Slash immobilizes the target. Until then, does anyone have any advice on fighting ranged mobs?

Puncture wound. All I can say. It does almost as much damage as your normal attacks with each tick, so while it kites it's almost like you're still there attacking it. You just keep kiting until the mob reaches the point where it won't run anymore, and you're good. If you want to keep it from kiting a certain way, use stealth to sneak behind it and herd it where you want it to go.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Puncture wound. All I can say. It does almost as much damage as your normal attacks with each tick, so while it kites it's almost like you're still there attacking it. You just keep kiting until the mob reaches the point where it won't run anymore, and you're good. If you want to keep it from kiting a certain way, use stealth to sneak behind it and herd it where you want it to go.

in the long run, puncture wound loses it's usefulness. it was my fav skill till i hit 5x lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gennousuke - Lost City
    Gennousuke - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    in the long run, puncture wound loses it's usefulness. it was my fav skill till i hit 5x lol

in my mid 30's now and im finding less and less use for puncture wound..
    kinda regretting leveling it to lvl5.. b:chuckle
  • Jyre - Harshlands
    Jyre - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ... Anticipate and also keep my finger on Shadow Escape hotkey.b:avoid

Oh yeah, and to the above poster.. Gennousuke. Gennousuke from Basilisk?
    Jyre for Hire!
    *Out To Lunch* sign.
    Well, ... sometimes. b:quiet
  • Gennousuke - Lost City
    Gennousuke - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ... Anticipate and also keep my finger on Shadow Escape hotkey.b:avoid

Oh yeah, and to the above poster.. Gennousuke. Gennousuke from Basilisk?

yes sir! best f*cking carebear assassin there is..
    kills you or rather you'd kill yourself looking at him.. b:angryb:angryb:angry