How to Create a Mat/Herb Run

meshktenye
meshktenye Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I see lots of people asking in-game where to find/farm certain mats and herbs. Or ask which mobs drop what mats. The answer to all of these questions is the pwdatabase.

1) Lets make a mat run for coal using the pwdatabase. Notice the links on the page:

Items Monsters NPC Resources Quests Other

In this case we would use Resources ---> Energy ---> Coal Stack

Notice when you do this you get a graphic map with multiple yellow squares on it showing where the coal is located. You can click on a part of the map WITHOUT a yellow square to enlarge the map. I like making circular runs because mats/herbs take about 10 minutes (I'm not sure of the exact time) to re-spawn. Place your mouse over one of the yellow squares and you will get the coordinates of that site. I choose the area around Heaven's Tear in this example. Remember, you can only put 5 coordinates into your Coordinate Assistant. If you don't know how to use the Coordinate Assistant go to the GPS/Navigation System page to learn how. I choose the following coordinates:

410 531 - 427 556 - 448 543 - 438 538 - 447 524

This gives me a nice circular route where some of the spots have 2 mines. Now the mats/herbs do NOT always spawn at exactly those coordinates, but these will get you close enough to spot the mines. Also remember that other people are also mining the same mats you are mining and any site might have just been mined before you got there. By the time I get back to the first coordinate it has already spawned. If it is not there either move on to your next spot or hang around and kill something for a while until it does re-spawn. I just keep following this circular route until I have farmed all the mats or herbs that I need.

2) Lets make a run for Butterfly herb:

Resources ---> Herb ---> Butterfly Herb

YIKES - apparently some very nasty lvl 100 monsters really like Butterfly herb. One of the safest spots to get Butterfly herb is near the Village of Naught and Nameless Isle and the pwdatabase informs us the coordinates are 674 622 and 669 674. Now I really like both of these relatively nearby spots. Go to Nameless Isle to get numerous level 4 herbs (watch out for Slitt), and go to Village of Naught to get numerous level 4 herbs and wine/TT mats. The whole peninsula of the Village of Naught is so packed with herbs and mats that it is a relatively competitive area for farming. Just run/fly around the whole coastline on which the Village of Naught is located to find a very nice lvl 4 herb garden located around 656 612 and mats located all over the whole coastline. Watch out for the Huggy Hares.

Another awesome spot for lvl 3 and 4 herbs is in the swamps around 578 420. Feel free to sell any herbs you don't need to the Cat Shops in the area where the Apothecary NPC is at in North Arch. Many times I have made some very good coins by selling the herbs I don't need to these Cat Shops. Additionally, check out the following route near Dreamweaver port for numerous lvl 4 herbs and mats:

635 365 - 633 379 - 637 391 - 652 390 - 668 389 - 682 389

3) You want to know which mobs drop Element Fragments. In this case just type "element fragment" in the search box and click SEARCH. The mobs are listed by level. So if you are about level 30, then you probably want to kill Torgin Warriors. If you click on the word Torgin Warrior, again you get a map with coordinates. You will also find that they are strong Earth, weak Wood and drop element fragments and that their Default drop rate is 56.4677% but their Real drop rate is 18.8476%. There is lots of other nice info - just read it.

4) One more search. You are lvl 50 and want to know what mobs are around your level and how much experience you can get. Click on Monsters ---> Level 50-59. WOW look at Gomda Exp=1511 Spirit=239. Go kill him - seriously he is fun to kill. But he is rare and doesn't come out to play very often.
Post edited by meshktenye on

Comments

• Contradicted - Sanctuary
    Contradicted - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    a better way of creating a mat run is by using this:
    http://pwmap.ru/pwi/

it allows you to select which mats your seeking and it will show exactly where on the map they should spawn, however, it doesnt show the new tideborn area

Nice Guide though