IH Worth maxing?

Options
__Nymph__ - Sanctuary
__Nymph__ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
So for now i have my IH lvl6 and i was wondering should i max IH?I Don't feel the need right now since i barely take any hits from mobs(meele ones)I'm low on spirit and if i don't really use IH i'd be better off saving my spirit on other skills.On the other hand SoR has a much longer casting time then IH.So when i'm about to get SoR should i leave my IH at 8 or 9?Your thoughts.
Post edited by __Nymph__ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    IH is your number one heal in squad situations. Max it, and level SoR later as it's less useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Max it, for several reasons:
    1. effective heal with low mana cost (1 concentrate orb covers spam heal of IH for 10 min)
    2. larger stacking of heals, giving you a better and smoother heal over time
    3. low channel time and low chance of interuption

Get SoR too, I wouldn't call it less useful, although at lower base magic attack and low levels of SoR, higher levels of IH are better.
    Especially looking at the mana cost and lower chance of interuption due to shorter channeling time, IH is more useful at lower levels. SoR becomes better at higher levels, so do upgrade it. By the time you have upgraded SoR beyond lvl 6, you'll see how it can be a far more useful skill especially in sticky situations.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    By "less useful", I didn't mean it was useless or even close to useless, just that in squads, a cleric with a low level SoR can still play fine, but a cleric with a low level IH will have much more trouble. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Veronica_ - Heavens Tear
    Veronica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    IH is one of the leading cleric heals so yes I guess you shoud max it or keep as hight lvl as possible.
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ironheart will be your most commonly used heal, followed by wellspring. Max it as soon as you can. The importance of it is reinforced by the fact that it was my most wanted sage skill by a long way.