Tired of drawing aggro in BH.

2»

Comments

• Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    oh... one last thing... do not cast your highest lvled nukes on bosses right off from the start.

As expected, someone casted BIDS on the boss right at the start and got aggro,. Barb couldn't snatched it back in time and died.

Death count: Barb, wiz,archer, veno.
    Survivor : Giodia b:victory

Cleric managed to use the time to res Barb, Barb self-healed with Empowered Vigor and ran Wyvern away, Cleric proceed to res every dead.
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you use low level white voodoo to spam freely with less aggro, you have no idea what WV is meant for, and have no idea how to aggro control properly... Learning how to space your shots with BV keeps higher DPS with the aggro control working just fine if you're doing it right. WV isn't to lower your aggro, its for survival. b:surrender

Using low level WV to reduce aggro is lazy and inappropriate. If you actually know how to play a Psy, there is no reason to not have WV maxed. Because even if we need to have WV on, we have enough ways to inflict damage that involve little regard to attack levels, so that max WV still doesn't cripple us. That is, if you did your skills right.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    ryukage wrote: »
    If you use low level white voodoo to spam freely with less aggro, you have no idea what WV is meant for, and have no idea how to aggro control properly... Learning how to space your shots with BV keeps higher DPS with the aggro control working just fine if you're doing it right. WV isn't to lower your aggro, its for survival. b:surrender

Using low level WV to reduce aggro is lazy and inappropriate. If you actually know how to play a Psy, there is no reason to not have WV maxed. Because even if we need to have WV on, we have enough ways to inflict damage that involve little regard to attack levels, so that max WV still doesn't cripple us. That is, if you did your skills right.

Oh Wise one, how right you are on white voodoo.

Please accept my offering of sashimi to you. b:chuckle
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    tired of what now?
    b:shocked
    b:surrender

okies instead of going through all teh fancy stuff about unequipping things or equipping weaker stuff......why not save monies and....try.....not....attacking....teh gasp! it be what most archers do! and occasional wizards.
    b:shocked

just wait until whatever it is gets to like 70% ish HP or so and it should be fine.
    doing this will also guarantee to save you monies.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    tired of what now?

okies instead of going through all teh fancy stuff about unequipping things or equipping weaker stuff......why not save monies and....try.....not....attacking....teh gasp! it be what most archers do! and occasional wizards.

just wait until whatever it is gets to like 70% ish HP or so and it should be fine.
    doing this will also guarantee to save you monies.

HAMSTA !!! b:dirty

I thought you gotten banned fro trolling b:laugh

On a side note, i miss your witty 3rd person banter b:pleased
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Oh Wise one, how right you are on white voodoo.

Please accept my offering of sashimi to you. b:chuckle
    I think my sarcasm-detector broke. I actually couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or not.

Anyways it bothers me to see people gimping vital skills (in this case, white voodoo) in favor of lazy tactics so that they don't have to actually learn any sense of control.

It's like the people who complain about taking damage, but at the same time made no effort to learn kiting... b:surrender
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    ryukage wrote: »
    I think my sarcasm-detector broke. I actually couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or not.

Anyways it bothers me to see people gimping vital skills (in this case, white voodoo) in favor of lazy tactics so that they don't have to actually learn any sense of control.

It's like the people who complain about taking damage, but at the same time made no effort to learn kiting... b:surrender

Perhaps, a slightly hint of sarcasm not intended for you, but for the intended audience which you have dubbed as lazy. b:chuckle

Just a slight hint though. b:victory
  • PsychoDude - Harshlands
    PsychoDude - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I died because was in a hurry and I did some criticals in a roll without noticing at the beginning. Aaaand I forgot that actually weak BM is tanking b:embarrass

We never steal aggro when casting DoTs after tank 1st hit, but when casting Soulburn on a mob with 1/2hp in Wraithgate I aggroed THE MOB NEXT TO IT that was not attacked by anybody. Hopefully I was saved^^

When 2-3 tanks are attacking 2-3 mobs near each other(or 1 experienced barb is swich-hiting them), I cast DoT on each mob 1st then attack barbs main mob a bit with non-AoE and then Earth Vector> Sandburst Blast> Glacial Shards(or reversed if lack chi). But that's rare situation.

I still dont get the idea with waiting for barb to build aggro and spacing AFTER boss 1/2hp. The only time I wait is DoTs cooldown at the very beginning if I decide tank does really low dmg and cant handle it. Well YOU don't have to experiment tho.

I forgot to say that I use exactly Landslide when saving clerics cuz atlest interupts them if u cant aggro it with 1st hit. After taking mob on me I switch to WV and hope that clerics understand that he/she have to retun the favour and heal me till I fight it and the mates are on the way.

WOW! bj 101..... i'm only at 51 now
    b:pleased