Latency/game Issues

Sekhmett - Harshlands
Sekhmett - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I am from the UK, so I believe experience may vary depending on location. I would point out that I have a very fast internet connection, and have no issues with any other online applications. I have a good video card and run the game at about the middle of the settings. My computer is capable on top settings, but for some reason when I try this, the visibility seems to get "Foggy" for lack of a better description. Cutting down the distance setting has no effect.

With PWI however may main problem is latency. I will click an icon or press hot/button and nothing happens or there is a delayed reaction. This is extremely frustrating when your timers have expired and your combo will not go off.

Also the rubber-band experience when jumping off mountains is rather comical. My record of being returned to starting point is now up to four.

Anyone have similar problems ? Suggested Fix ?

Comments

• maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    These problems are common in this game. AFAIK there's no known fix for them.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have seen this isue before outlined in the Technical section of this forum.

Try a search there.

Note, I am pretty sure that there is little you can do about it from your end unless your ISP is throttling you.

Try www.speedtest.net for testing the ISP uplink.. If that checks out oke you are unfortunate.
    It takes but 1 congested router along the hops between your PC and the PWI servers.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I believe that is server lag. Though since I'm just guessing you might want to ignore me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks