Any Plans to fix Safety Lock ?

Sekhmett - Harshlands
Sekhmett - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
So PVP functions as it intended ? Is this an exploit or intended ?

Will the red names be so brave with it removed or will they go naked ?

..........................ARIBA.................................
Post edited by Sekhmett - Harshlands on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Originally it wasn't intended for PvP, but people ended up using it. Instead of removing our account safety altogether, they added penalties to having safety lock on (gear shatter).

So it's being used as intended now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • avenged911221
    avenged911221 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It isnt broken idiot, if you actually read up on it, youd see it was intended for PvP when they released the shatter system.
  • Sekhmett - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    It isnt broken idiot, if you actually read up on it, youd see it was intended for PvP when they released the shatter system.

When the system was first introduced it was not intended for PVP. Shatter was introduced later as an accommodation/response to.

Whose the Idiot now ?
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    When the system was first introduced it was not intended for PVP. Shatter was introduced later as an accommodation/response to.

Whose the Idiot now ?

You, because the word is "who's"

And safety lock ruined PVP. Drops became garbage. Whee, 10 chi stones! I can npc them for 10k! Two mirages! OH BOY!
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Sekhmett - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    You, because the word is "who's"

And safety lock ruined PVP. Drops became garbage. Whee, 10 chi stones! I can npc them for 10k! Two mirages! OH BOY!

Whose is just the possessive form of "who" gaspipe. ie; Whose narcotics is this ?

Secondly, I was not coming out as an advocate of the safety lock feature. I was simply explaining when and why it was introduced. If they did away with it yesterday, it could not come be soon enough for me.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Whose is just the possessive form of "who" gaspipe. ie; Whose narcotics is this ?

Secondly, I was not coming out as an advocate of the safety lock feature. I was simply explaining when and why it was introduced. If they did away with it yesterday, it could not come be soon enough for me.

grammar-**** fail

Whose narcotics are these?

conjugate "is"
    no space between last word and end of sentence punctuation

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear
    Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    grammar-**** fail

Whose narcotics are these?

conjugate "is"
    no space between last word and end of sentence punctuation

b:bye

Says the person who couldn't even add punctuations in most of their sentences.

Grow up you imbecile. You could have answered in a more adult manner.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010

*facepaw*
    even the hamster finds that fail.
    b:surrender

and yesh it be functioning as intended....
    since safety lock's intended function has been altered with teh addition of the shatter system for PvP.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Whose the Idiot now ?
    Actually the shatter system was introduced during the patch where safety lock was modified to prevent items dropping upon death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Oh lord, here we go. I'm generally not a grammar ****, but I can't resist this one.
    Whose is the possessive form of who, you are correct, however the sense you used in in initially was wrong, very wrong. You're looking for "Who's", the contraction of "who is".

Oh, and it's whose narcotics are these, as I believe someone already mentioned. Conjugation are important.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum