• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^I am Q.Qing for those who keep Q.Qing to stop Q.Qing already. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Tideborns turning into dragons? No thanks.

The last game before PWI I played had a certain aquatic dragon race nearly identical to the Tideborns. They only had one assassin-like class option and then in later levels could turn into a bipedal dragon.

These dragon people were created by the last dragon, but PWI Tideborns are not descendants from dragons, they're mermaids.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    These dragon people were created by the last dragon, but PWI Tideborns are not descendants from dragons, they're mermaids.

just be glad that tideborns don't look like this.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I mean some mobs that are usually underwater creatures (Undines, Tidemaidens) So why can't we go fisheh on land

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefUGXn1LCRgAeBKjzbkF/SIG=12k6vs81f/EXP=1266593670/**http%3a//i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/erinandrose/mermaids.jpg That is for Female Tideborns 50+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    just be glad that tideborns don't look like this.
    b:surrender

Hmm, it looks like the thing we dissected in Biology class today.b:shockedb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Before this happens, we have to Nerf Tide Born, then double nerf if you want Dragons.

Or you can just give Archers Gatling guns and Wizards super saiyan
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Here we go again b:laugh b:thanks b:chuckle b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Tech, Tideborn are not OP, you're obviously just too stupid and too much of a whiner to bother figuring out how to beat us.

And as it has been said many times, apparently you're unable to read it, THIS DRAGON THING IS ONLY IN APPEARANCE, NOT SKILLS!

However, as I said, I'm against this dragon transformation as it intrudes on the abilities of Untamed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Catsnap - Heavens Tear
    Catsnap - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ummm... No. period. b:thanks
  • Kinrest - Sanctuary
    Kinrest - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think not. We should not be mixing the classes together, in my opinion. The Untamed thing is all animal oriented, and it's them alone that turn into animals.

TB I can live with their mermaid/men, simply because they ARE fish people. It's logical to me.

But on land?
    1. dragons are not amphibian, as was said earlier.
    2. Fish DIE on land.
    3. The TB already have all these fancy armors, meditating forms and stuff. Do they honestly need more?!
  • Aeremay - Harshlands
    Aeremay - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Geezus, calm your nipples down people. Rofl, god, of course I know DRAGONS are obviously NOT amphibian, they are reptile. No **** Sherlock. And, it's just in my opinion, due to the fact that their ears brought me to the idea of dragons.

And TB's are a bit overpowered, since they can go stealth, and the ridiculous part is you can't target them using "Nearby Players" which seems unfair.

And Technotic, what the hell? I could've SWORN that Perfect World has already went beyond the traditional game play. I mean, look at the fashion, it's so damn modern already. Course, I know you're being sarcastic, I just wanted to throw this out at you.
  • Aeremay - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yesh and even if either would be to change (whicj they're not) the babrz would be first.

BE HAPPY WITH THE NEW RACE DAM IT >.<

b:cute

Grippie. I am very DAMN happy about the new race. It's exciting. But this was just a suggestion, it's not like I'm totally hating them. Don't conclude to what other's think when it was just a suggestion. I bet everyone here on this forum is happy about the new race. I mean, what's not to be excited about? It's new.
  • Aeremay - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Are you really trying to overpower TB even more? Super fail of a topic, just kill yourself

You know Tech, as I have said in my first post, I know they are already overpowered, especially with stealth. Super fail topic? Nothing's a fail in this world if you look at it from another person's point of view. And why should I kill myself when obviously, I do not care what you say?
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Before this happens, we have to Nerf Tide Born, then double nerf if you want Dragons.

Or you can just give Archers Gatling guns and Wizards super saiyan

I think, in my humble opinion, that for thinking an animation change could possibly alter the balance in the game, you should be the one to rid the world of your pathetic existence.

"OH NOEZ HE TURNED INTO A DRAGON, AND ALTHOUGH HIS ATTRIBUTES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME HE LOOKS DIFFERENT SO IT MUST BE OVERPOWERED!!!111!11!11"

And as for your archer ideas, sure no prob. If you wanna look like a dumbass when you transform, by all means go poll for gatling gun animations.

Here Technotic, answer this:

"How the HELL does having an animation change make them MORE overpowered?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LoL that was easier than I thought it would be. Turned this whole topic into a hate Technotic topic. roflcopter.

Back to topic, no. Barb turns into tiger. Veno turns into fox. You all know if TB turned into dragon, its going to alter stats somehow. Devs wouldn't be able to keep off of it. And you know it, why are you arguing it?
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Is there any transformation that does not alter stats? No, there is not
    Would there be any sense in transforming to something else just to look cool? That is what fashion was made for, so, no
    Are other things that need to be fixed in game? Yes, there are

Therefore, thread -1 from me.

P.D.: Firmly agnist Technotic hate threads, he has had some good ideas already, and if this is about being mean, I am a mean troll, so, if anybody has nothing productive or positive to say, be quiet b:quiet, or simply troll without harming anybody
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You all know if TB turned into dragon, its going to alter stats somehow. Devs wouldn't be able to keep off of it. And you know it, why are you arguing it?

What's your basis for this statement?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What's your basis for this statement?

I can answer that for you, look at every race who has a transformation (Both barbs and venos) have changes on their stats upon it.
    And as stated on my last post, if it is just to look cool, that is what fashion is for, and Barbs asked for True Forms first.
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I can answer that for you, look at every race who has a transformation (Both barbs and venos) have changes on their stats upon it.
    And as stated on my last post, if it is just to look cool, that is what fashion is for, and Barbs asked for True Forms first.
    Good point, but if this ever gets implemented, which it won't, it would be the same stat increase as Tide Form, so they wouldn't really be any stronger. Sure we would be able to transform in more places, but that isn't really strength. Especially since we can't use skills in a transformed state.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    After this point of the discussion, I have no response, since I have never played a tideborn, sorry about that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options

I'm not saying changing form doesn't alter your stats. It does, and I'm fully aware of that. I'm just wondering where Technotic got the notion that the devs would alter the change in stats (ex. pdef goes from +1 to +2). Where did this assumption come from, that to alter the animation, they would also buff them up more. Is it not plausible for the devs to simply change the animation and leave the stat change ratio alone?

I'm not saying this idea is good or bad, but saying an animation change is bad because it will cause an imbalance in power of the classes could be nothing more than ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Because the question was not quite clear, nor the post itself, since the transformation was assumed as a "True Form" for tideborn, not as a Tide Form, and on the end, it was just a conception misunderstanding, and since Dragons were mainly not amphibians, fish ppl should turn into this.

http://hoaxblog.s3.amazonaws.com/toad3eyes_lg.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Because the question was not quite clear, nor the post itself, since the transformation was assumed as a "True Form" for tideborn, not as a Tide Form, and on the end, it was just a conception misunderstanding, and since Dragons were mainly not amphibians, fish ppl should turn into this.

Hell no, I will never look like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hell no, I will never look like that.

... But I chose that picture with love </3

b:surrender At least choose an amphibian, to keep it realistic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Amphibeans don't look too good, so lets do crab instead :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hey!!! Get off my shell I'm trying to leave! Don't make me pinch you >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    only thing tht needs to be changed is tht tide form actually looks like your character & possibly if we can actually use skills it would sweetin the dealb:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Aeremay - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options

ROFL! OMG AEDRIAN. That picture, just seriously made the highlight of my morning.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ROFL! OMG AEDRIAN. That picture, just seriously made the highlight of my morning.

b:cry Moments like this one make me drop tears of joy, when somebody likes my posts ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]