Tideborns?

Hideshadow - Sanctuary
Hideshadow - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Im just curious as to where we stand with Assassin/Psychic skills. There are quite a number of assassins and psychics hitting 89+ now. I'm not posting this thread to QQ or anything I'm just curious. Are we getting more skills? If so... Wouldn't that be a top priority to actually finish off a class before adding more pointless fashion? I'll be hitting 89 within the week, I'd really like to know what Sage/Demon has in store for us. Please..

Edit: I did post this thread on general discussion because it has to do with more then one class. Atleast here it has a bigger chance of being seen.
Post edited by Hideshadow - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Im just curious as to where we stand with Assassin/Psychic skills. There are quite a number of assassins and psychics hitting 89+ now. I'm not posting this thread to QQ or anything I'm just curious. Are we getting more skills? If so... Wouldn't that be a top priority to actually finish off a class before adding more pointless fashion? I'll be hitting 89 within the week, I'd really like to know what Sage/Demon has in store for us. Please..

Edit: I did post this thread on general discussion because it has to do with more then one class. Atleast here it has a bigger chance of being seen.

If memory serves me correctly, all the fashion that is available in the game (in all versions) is already coded into the game and only needs to be 'turned on' by the GM's and server maint people.

Coding the skills etc for TB is done by the devs, and I don't think they REALLY expected people to already be 80+ on these classes by now and so thought they had time (erroneously) to code the additional skills.

~S
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    All i can say is yes we will have 79/100, demon/sage skills it s obvious. Everything following are supposition but i think that most of the demon/sage skills will be like increased % chance of triger curse and seal : bleed for red tide, accuracy-sandburst, seal - glacial shards, silence - soul of silence,etc...
    Could be also less dmg reduction on white voodoo and def on black voodoo etc, but once again it s only supposition and i can t tell you if those effect ( if they come to be added) will be more likely in demon or sage.
    Imo those effects are the one with the greatest chance to be part of demon/sage skills.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    83-89+ in one week? I wonder how you will do that b:question.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ^ deity done it without oracle / hyper exp a year ago as well.
  • Rheth - Sanctuary
    Rheth - Sanctuary Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    83-89+ in one week? I wonder how you will do that b:question.

Magic books man. Magic books!
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well, I'm hoping 79-Sage/Demon skills for Psychics will focus on Souls and also Soulforce related effects. Right now, there are only the Souls and two spells that rely on our Soulforce to deal damage.

It'd be cool to have more side-effects on our nukes based on our Soulforce. Like, I don't know, Sage version of Aqua Impact would have a chance to deal additional damage equals to 10% of our Soulforce, something like that.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Skill I am hoping for-

Suicide-
    Automatic activation.
    Range:120m
    Effect:As soon as any tideborn within range activates a skill you deal 9999x weapon damage to yourself. There is no countering this skill. We put this skill in because too many people leveled too fast and didn't enjoy the finer things in life, like dying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if youre refering to that deity of rain dude, he was a known botter on sanc, same with alot of our first few 100s who just magically jumped up to 95+ without warning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The devs are the people who do the coding for the game, not the GMs. Once again, people don't understand the system and begin to practically accuse the wrong people of "doing pointless stuff when you should be doing this".

The devs may not have expected so many people to level so fast. Just have some patience and wait a while, your class will be finished when the DEVS and not the GMs decide to finish coding your class.

And that aside, I like the new fashion. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hideshadow - Sanctuary
    Hideshadow - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The devs are the people who do the coding for the game, not the GMs. Once again, people don't understand the system and begin to practically accuse the wrong people of "doing pointless stuff when you should be doing this".

The devs may not have expected so many people to level so fast. Just have some patience and wait a while, your class will be finished when the DEVS and not the GMs decide to finish coding your class.

And that aside, I like the new fashion. =)

=) Thats why if you post here, GMs pass ideas along to the devs :) b:pleased
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dev's didnt expect people to level so fast?

Have they forgotten what oracles are, The oracles that let people level fast, The oracles that were on sale when they launched tideborn.

I would think many cash shop players will be thinking that someone screwed the pooch with tideborn skills.

As its been two months since tideborn launch there are many non cash shop/oracle players who are now 79+ - 89+ with missing skills.

As for the hyper exp stones could they have not waited till the skills had been sorted?

/sarcasm
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dev's didnt expect people to level so fast?

Have they forgotten what oracles are, The oracles that let people level fast, The oracles that were on sale when they launched tideborn.

I would think many cash shop players will be thinking that someone screwed the pooch with tideborn skills.

As its been two months since tideborn launch there are many non cash shop/oracle players who are now 79+ - 89+ with missing skills.

As for the hyper exp stones could they have not waited till the skills had been sorted?

/sarcasm

I might very well be mistaken but I do believe devs aren't in charge of sales. Assuming I am right, they had no idea TBs would be levelling so fast.

/common sense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Coding the skills etc for TB is done by the devs, and I don't think they REALLY expected people to already be 80+ on these classes by now and so thought they had time (erroneously) to code the additional skills.

They are probably the same people who coded Oracles and Hyper EXP stones in the first place. It would be pretty weird that they are smart enough to do programming for a highly complex software and still not see this coming.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Let me point something out here. The DEVELOPERS are in China. The Game Managers (i.e. the people who run PWE in the united states) are *gasp* In the united states and have NOTHING to do with what the developers code in.

They do on the other hand, have everything to do with what they choose to 'turn on' in the game. This means oracles, while coded in as part of the game, are not turned on by the DEVELOPERS, they are turned on by the MANAGERS.

I am fairly sure (although not certain) that the DEVELOPERS didn't expect the MANAGERS to do what they did. If they had expected it, I am fairly certain they would have waited to release the Tideborn until they were totally complete.

You can blame the MANAGERS for level 80+ Tideborn, before their skills are even available.

~S
  • Olee - Raging Tide
    Olee - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    QQ Im going demon today and I dont even know my skills lol
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If memory serves me correctly, all the fashion that is available in the game (in all versions) is already coded into the game and only needs to be 'turned on' by the GM's and server maint people.

~S

One flaw in your logic. This game is made in China and they have insane players there who will play 24 hours a day. Do you seriously think it wouldnt be possible to level to 80+ by now without oracles? 90+ wouldnt even be difficult especially with this idiotic BH system.

They pushed it out because they said it would be available before the end of the year. They didnt finish the TB skills for the Chinese version either.

Not directed at Sai...

If you really want to know when they will be released just wait til they are added to the Chinese version. They will be here about 2 weeks later after they get translated.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    didnt expected to see people that high level ? lol nice joke man

mariage quest, public quest , new bh system , hyper stone , oracle , training scroll, daily in frost, cube ... how CANT you level nowaday ? Oo

side note: i hope gm will get any word soon on our sage/demon, 79 skills and the fix for that few typo/buged skill for psy (blue number not upgrading or will typo ... )

* i got lv 82 without mq,oracle,cube,traning scroll,hyper stone,frost,cube ... in what 2 months ?! Oo
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Okay i can Maybe understand them thinking they had more time for 79/Sage/Demon/(Soon 100) skills for Tideborn.

The thing that should have been added when tideborn came out or at max a week or 2 later, is their errors with the TB wings. And dont say the Devs didnt expect them to sell new TB wings in the Boutique, that was an obvious decision.

(1) Tideborn should be able to get replacement lvl 30 quest wings. Especially since all of China is PvP, and for PWI PvP servers, knowing some TB would have these dropped in PK.

(2) No ability to use Wind Widgets to upgrade TB wings like the other races. Another obvious flaw, whose desire to be done should have been expected.

These days a casual player can hit 30 in a week, 20 (boutique wings) in even less time. These wing services should have been implemented a long time ago.
  • Soyala - Raging Tide
    Soyala - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    (1) Tideborn should be able to get replacement lvl 30 quest wings. Especially since all of China is PvP, and for PWI PvP servers, knowing some TB would have these dropped in PK.
    TB can already get replacement level 30 wings, and could for awhile now.
    They are sold for 10k above where the raging tide elder resides.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    TB can already get replacement level 30 wings, and could for awhile now.
    They are sold for 10k above where the raging tide elder resides.

Are you certain? For a very long time people were complaining that the NPC which grants the original set of wings, doesnt give a replacement set for 10k, the way you can for the other races. And i dont recall reading them fixing this in the patch notes (although admittedly, their patch notes are often less then all-encompasing).
  • Soyala - Raging Tide
    Soyala - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Are you certain? For a very long time people were complaining that the NPC which grants the original set of wings, doesnt give a replacement set for 10k, the way you can for the other races. And i dont recall reading them fixing this in the patch notes (although admittedly, their patch notes are often less then all-encompasing).

b:surrender Pretty certain, I remember buying them by mistake like 2 times. I'll go check even, then edit this post.

Edit:
    [Name: Priest Konchi]
    [Location: 662, 134]
    [Price:20k]
    Near the Tide born king in raging tides.

Actually if I remember correctly it's not the original npc that gives the wings, it just happens to sell them I guess? It shows up as a quest when you walk to him.

37931131.png
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yes for a long time, everytime i was there the npc was selling those wings b:bored
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i took them 3 weeks to get the wing at priest if i remember, but u cant upgrade it at forge with wind widget
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]