Client versions?

aylinsekai
aylinsekai Posts: 3
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hey all,

I have an idea that might already be posted or even exist, but I couldn't find it anywhere, so here it goesb:pleased

Wouldn't it be useful to release Patch Clients?
In other words, release a new, updated client each time a patch has arrived.
This would greatly improve updating speed for new players, as well as old players who (had to)remove(d) the game for software-related reasons.

I for example, started out over a year ago, and got a complete update on my system, meaning hardware, software and the works around the clock.

I downloaded the client yesterday, and started updating.
Currently, I am still updating, for I have to start from version 1(!), instead of the latest released client(consider the last not posted if client version 1 is the latest). Currently, the update is taking over 3 hours. (Note to the TS-people(Trouble-Shooting): My Internet connection is fine. It has improved since I last played, so that won't be a problem. The patch is quickly working through the files.)

This might take away the will and/or drive of (especially) new players, since they do not know what is waiting for them after the terrible long wait. Of course, it may also pike their interests for such major content.

I myself find it a little unnerving, but knowing what's waiting for me, I'm ready to wait for it.

Anyone, I would appreciate any replies from you b:thanks

A good day to you all, and maybe I'll meet you ingameb:victory
b:bye
AylinSekai
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well to my knowlage they do ( or maybe thats a diffrent version of PW ) o___________________________________________o

but yah it would be doable and i dont see why GM's would have a problem other than laziness
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Using the manual download helps. It goes faster than using the client updater. Just go up to the top of this website, mouse over the downloads option and click on game client. Then scroll down a bit to find the patch updates, and click on whatever option you think would work. Trust me, it goes a lot faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Using the manual download helps. It goes faster than using the client updater. Just go up to the top of this website, mouse over the downloads option and click on game client. Then scroll down a bit to find the patch updates, and click on whatever option you think would work. Trust me, it goes a lot faster.

^this... manual download
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    they try to keep as much as possible client up to date around 2-3 patch back usaly
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]