how would u fight

bionuno
bionuno Posts: 6 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
Hi everyone

I would like to ask how u ppl as a cleric fight these new classes tideborn? specialy assasins ur own lvl! how would u beat them in a pvp(pk) fight?

a few tips would be welcome.

ty all for helping
Post edited by bionuno on

Comments

• XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    we hit them n they die o.o
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ...Double sparked Plume Shot can 1-shot a Psychic. b:chuckle
    Assassins, never really tried but I assume just nuke them before they get to you. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sleep them then fire on them.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sleep them then fire on them.

Yeah sure... that could work, the only problem is if a sin is after you, you're not gonna get the first shot. In a duel they'll automatically go into stealth before you cans sleep them, in a PvP fight they'll be in stealth anyway because they're stalking you. The only time you can sleep them is if somehow you snuck up on one or after the Assassin unleashes their first wave of attacks and you resist the stun. Otherwise they'll put you in a stun lock for a few seconds and if you're not dead they'll just stealth up again.
    ...Double sparked Plume Shot can 1-shot a Psychic. b:chuckle
    Assassins, never really tried but I assume just nuke them before they get to you. b:chuckle

You can't nuke an assassin before they get to you unless they're dumb as bricks, they have a skill that instantly teleports them to you. They're tricky to beat but it can be done. Throw up Plume Shell, that will keep them invisible for a while because they know they can't break through it, while it's up stack IH on yourself and get ready to use the Fortify genie skill as Plume Shell is about to wear off. The second it wears off they will un-stealth and try to stun you and take you down.

Once they un-stealth and you resist the stun put them to sleep, stack a few IH in case they get out, debuff them, use a Wield Thunder then throw up Plume Shell because they will either stun you or go back into stealth. Normally you'd Double Spark or use your Triple Spark but Assassins have a skill that allow them to come back from a kill shot, meaning if they're charmed they come back with full HP. You'd be defenseless without chi so sparking is a bad idea, you need to force that skill to be used, then put them to sleep, debuff, spark, and one shot.

Of course... in a duel you can always sleep>debuff>spark>nuke the **** out of them simply because they can only come back with 20% hp with that skill because charms don't work in duels. But meh, I'd rather pk a sin then duel one.

I'm not blabbing about what I THINK could work when I have no true experience, these are tactics I've actually used to bring them down.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    For some reason I havent had the chance to duel with a sin.

But as far as dueling tactics go i would think its pretty straight forward. I would start casting IH on myself right from the start to combat the sin stealth.

Even if they stun you out of stealth they shouldnt be able to kill you in the duration you're stunned because heal over time should keep you alive. When you come out of stun you can do whatever- and still have plume shell to fall back on should you need it.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Psychic is a Plume Shot.

As for an assassin, hope to be lucky enough to catch one with an area of effect attack and instantly switch to it and take it out pronto with Plume Shot.

Why Plume Shot? Unless they are equipped with garnets, light armor still has less physical defense. Or, if you find they are fairly well protected against physical damage, demon wield thunder into another choice metal- based attack usually ends their lives.

That was in Territory War sense- in a duel, I'd hope you'd be locked onto an assassin before accepting, making the stealth null and void.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Psychic is a Plume Shot.

As for an assassin, hope to be lucky enough to catch one with an area of effect attack and instantly switch to it and take it out pronto with Plume Shot.

Why Plume Shot? Unless they are equipped with garnets, light armor still has less physical defense. Or, if you find they are fairly well protected against physical damage, demon wield thunder into another choice metal- based attack usually ends their lives.

That was in Territory War sense- in a duel, I'd hope you'd be locked onto an assassin before accepting, making the stealth null and void.

Lock on disappears when stealth activates, the only way to spot (and thus lock onto) a stealthed Sin is to have a higher awareness level (your level) than their stealth level (which depends on their level and two skills).
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lock on disappears when stealth activates, the only way to spot (and thus lock onto) a stealthed Sin is to have a higher awareness level (your level) than their stealth level (which depends on their level and two skills).

=X Then I've been a target by the noob sins because they don't vanish upon stealth. b:sad b:angry I must go find a higher level sin to see what I can come up with.

...Or I found a glitch.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Neonz - Lost City
    Neonz - Lost City Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    o.o heheh ok then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boojangles has a fetish with brambles o.O

---R-E-T-I-R-E-D----
    So troll elsewhere
  • KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dueled an assassin and lost, their level was around 70; I was pretty embarrassed as my pride wouldn't let me lose to someone lower level than me. I got stun locked and my target was gone, and then somehow the assassin went behind me and did a deadly skill, no idea what it was. And for clerics, I've learned not to use plume shell in duel, because of the mana it consumes. And I don't use pots so I'm not used to used a pot in duel. If you plume shell against an assassin your mana will be gone very quickly--unless you have extra pots that heal your mana. I would say plume shell rocks in PK, but as far as duel, I think they're just mana consumers. If you're level 79+ I would recommend you to use the "Wings of Protection", they do not consume any mana, but the horrible part about that skill is that it disappears after the max damage it takes, which is I believe on the top of my head..20% of the targets maximum hit points. And, not to forget the other 79 skill; Guardian Light. Oh how could I forget you? You've saved me so many times in PK! Guardian Light is a skill I like. In TT's when you have to run past those mobs (If you're lazy like me and don't like clearing) It's a great skill. Reduces 60% damage received, and increases your speed by 30%. Very amazing, I love using it in duels. Sad that it only last for 10 seconds and the cool-down is horrible.
    -This is the longest paragraph I have written in a long time.b:cute
    f:shame
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited February 2010

b:sweatb:sweatb:sweatb:sweat
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Xoria. . . *sigh* b:cry