EVENT: Couples Screen Shot Contest WINNERS

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
couplesscreens.png

Well guys, it's time to announce the Couple's Screen Shot Contest winners, and well, looking at these things may give you cavities they're so darn sweet.

There were a ton of submissions (close to four-hundred!) that we had to go through, but seeing your creativity was really quite worth it. Some of the humorous ones made us literally laugh out loud, and a couple of the romantic ones nearly brought a tear to ol' Frankie's eye.

So I present to you your winners-- remember that each member of the couple will receive a Tidal Serpent mount!

One Honorable Mention for each category will be presented as well-- they may not have won a Tidal Serpent, but they still have mad talent :)

Most Romantic
Psybelle & Jhect - Sanctuary

couplesromanticsmall.jpg

Best Scenery
PoeticPrince & VelvetPetals - Sanctuary

couplesscenerysmall.jpg
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• frankieraye
    edited February 2010
    Most Humorous
    Rabid_Cleric & Tsukiiro - Harshlands

coupleshumoroussmall.jpg
  • frankieraye
    edited February 2010
    Honorable Mentions

Most Romantic - Honorable Mention
    Orchideleon & Rafadra - Lost City

couplesromantichmsmall.jpg

Best Scenery - Honorable Mention
    ScarletSkies & Marche - Harshlands

couplessceneryhmsmall.jpg

Most Humorous - Honorable Mention
    Patrialtt & Damnable - Dreamweaver

coupleshumoroushmsmall.jpg

And again, congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to all who participated!

Oh, and one more thing: I forgot to mention that the winners need to contact me to talk about when they will be available to take screen shots with a GM. Once we get that all taken care of, we'll see about possibly posting some of those shots here for all to see! So if you are one of the three winning couples, please shoot me a PM.

Take care of each other!

-FrankieRaye
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ohh whoa, the best scenery one is fantastic! But I really don't get the theme behind the most romantic one. It's kinda looks like a scene from a movie though. The most humorous made me lolz, though it took me a sec to figure it out. Congratulations everyone, happy Valentine's Day! b:cute

Thank you Frankie for posting these on Valentine's day!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I never thought of using text in a screenshot, nice b:chuckle

Grats to the winners. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol'd at the humorous one. Grats to the winners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MadamVixen - Heavens Tear
    MadamVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The Best Scenery and Most Humourous photos are great...but the Most Romantic? Even though I get the photo...its not the Most Romantic imho. Gratz to all the winners anyway b:victory

These were our entries for Most Romantic, nothing spectacular, but impartial or not I think they're better then the winner. I still think Sanctuary is pretty - even if over used...

2010-02-0222-49-18-1.jpg
    2010-02-0222-05-12.jpg
    2010-02-0400-39-53.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 Married to MasterLucian <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=ಢಿ.ಢಿ= <--- Foxy-Sauce-Face (Thx to **KonariRaiden** :D)
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Congrats Rabid. Nice shot. It's super funny.
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The only thing that's missing from the Most Romantic picture is some more sugar, HAHA.

...Because...you know....it's so sweet.....

Blah, no one gets my jokes. b:shutup
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I did not get the most romantic one.

The scenery one I will admit, I liked it.

The humorous one made me giggle a little although I don't quite like it for the text and it took me a few moments to figure out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    3 winners . . . and they all suck horribly. . .

Great job, dude. Any chance you looked at them before you picked them?

Seriously tho - grats to the winners - just wish the event had been taken seriously by those in charge. Guess that's what happens when the guy who does everything isn't there any more :D

Romantic one makes only a tad of sense. I get the fence representation but it could have been much better done.

Scenery one is the most generic scenery you can find in the game. Looks like two people landed in a random spot and turned their settings up

Humorous one is uhh . . . well I suppose a 90 year old woman might give it half a chuckle. Or a 12 year old. . . or someone with no sense of humor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • febrerox
    febrerox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I didnt get the most romantic one, but it's cute i guess

I quite like the scenery one (glad it wasn't a shot in sanctuary =.=")

I lol'd at the most humorous one ^^ original too by using text (:

gz to the winners!
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Most Humorous
    Rabid_Cleric & Tsukiiro - Harshlands

coupleshumorous.JPG

OMG That is just so hillarious xD
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I personally like mine better....

hubbysuspects4.jpg
    edited February 2010
    I personally like mine better....

Lol thats epic xD but I must say the other one is better IMO but dont get me wrong yours is epic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    omggg. Yay <333

@ Saitada - I fully agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Seriously tho - grats to the winners - just wish the event had been taken seriously by those in charge. Guess that's what happens when the guy who does everything isn't there any more :D

Romantic one makes only a tad of sense. I get the fence representation but it could have been much better done.

Scenery one is the most generic scenery you can find in the game. Looks like two people landed in a random spot and turned their settings up

Humorous one is uhh . . . well I suppose a 90 year old woman might give it half a chuckle. Or a 12 year old. . . or someone with no sense of humor.

This ^. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    @Saitada
    I'm sure everyone would think theirs is better than the winners (in this case anyone could be better than the winners IMHO). I suppose I can show my humor screenshot.
    The couple in the picture is my cleric and my boyfriend's archer. The BM is just there because... b:surrender

2cs7vis.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle

I think the Most Humorous one was the best out of the three...then again, I'm just a tad more of a joker than a romantic...

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited February 2010

I think the Most Humorous one was the best out of the three...then again, I'm just a tad more of a joker than a romantic...

I know where your comming from xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2010

Indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited February 2010

I'm a joker too :D

Shame it wasn't funny.

It's spelled 'coming.' b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Humorous one is great, Scenery.. well as others said, at least it's not another Sanctuary screencap. But Romantic? ...*wanders away shaking head*
    despise.gif

Ah well. I've been on the receiving end of that score myself, so I can't gripe too strongly. Gratz to all six winners.
    goodjob.gif

For the curious, these were mine. I'm not too disappointed or surprised they didn't make it though.
    Romantic:
    th_2010-01-26css01.jpg
    Scenery:
    th_2009-05-0101-37-04.jpg

edited February 2010

Shame it wasn't funny.

Shhhhhh don't tell them or they'll come after meb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2010
    Shhhhhh don't tell them or they'll come after meb:avoid

I sorry b:surrender

Just a pet peeve of mine when people spell that wrong. There was a business being built in my town - took like 2 years to build it. The whole time they had a sign up saying 'Comming soon.' Kinda burnt it into my brain b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010

Shame it wasn't funny.

*shrug* Eh, I've a really low sense of humor, anyway. Just stand in front of me for a while and I'll probably end up bursting out laughing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2010
    I sorry b:surrender

Just a pet peeve of mine when people spell that wrong. There was a business being built in my town - took like 2 years to build it. The whole time they had a sign up saying 'Comming soon.' Kinda burnt it into my brain b:shutup

Im usually pretty good with my spelling but thats only when im doing school workb.................speaking english you can forget about that my family has developed our own language according to some peopleb:laugh
    *shrug* Eh, I've a really low sense of humor, anyway. Just stand in front of me for a while and I'll probably end up bursting out laughing.

I have to admit im the same way some times...........im really bad when im with my cousin David, I get so hyper we will just be sitting there and I end up having a laughing fit for no reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010

+1

I really wanna know wht spoon will choose. just come bk and show ur opinion, spoon... u dont need to giv prize at all, we all understand the stinginess lol

btw, i LOVE saitada's jealous herc rofl
    edited February 2010
    +1

I really wanna know wht spoon will choose. just come bk and show ur opinion, spoon... u dont need to giv prize at all, we all understand the stinginess lol

btw, i LOVE saitada's jealous herc rofl

Um Spoons left and he's not comming backb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I love Saitada's, but the one they chose wasn't bad. It was a quiet critic that all Tideborn are identical when they mediate, lol.
    The Romantic one was cute, but you couldn't see the barbarians face and I totally preferred mine, lol.
    DreamweaverPort.png
    But girls will be girls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    b:laughI didn't even enter. Lol I found my valentine guy today while doing a BH run xD I got his attention when we were all dieing horribly. xD I noticed everyone was getting angry so I started talking about finding magical crayons......it actually worked and got everyone laughing xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]