8x gear?

Rawrgh - Raging Tide
Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Barbarian
What sort of gear should I try to aim for to use at 8x? I'll be getting the level 77 mold legs and 79 mold chest, probably get a cape of tauran chieftan if I can get the money for it, helm of aqua viciousness, OHT mdef belt, and misty forest rings. But what should I try to get for boots wristgaurds and necklace?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
Post edited by Rawrgh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nevaglar - Sanctuary
    Nevaglar - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    About the OHT belt, its lv90+ so u might wanna stick to rank belt for now...
    The TT80 boots are nice for the speed and the wristguards for the stats. As for the neckless...just find one cheap with good stats until lv87 for Sky demon's pearl mold (it's awsome for barbs coz of the 5%hp).
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    I was talking about the belt you get from the NPC at OHT at level 80 (think it's called the sundown pendant, not sure) Sky Demon's Pearl sounds nice with 5%, are there any elemental necklaces with +5% hp?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Venue - Lost City
    Venue - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    swindlers neclace is magic with +5%hp i think its TT90 gold

get equine talisman now, replace it with sky demons at 87 then go for swindlers
  • Venue - Lost City
    Venue - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    btw you dont have a weapon?
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    for a 8x barb the only option is TT Gold 80 (chest, pants, shoes) arms you can go for the green ones..

the 77 and 79 molds cant compare to the strenght and vita those gives.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • BambooHugger - Lost City
    BambooHugger - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    7x molds and at 87 Sky demons necklace.
    BambooHugger-7x Arcane Barbarian- ImSoFail-Tarded
  • Nevaglar - Sanctuary
    Nevaglar - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    for a 8x barb the only option is TT Gold 80 (chest, pants, shoes) arms you can go for the green ones..

the 77 and 79 molds cant compare to the strenght and vita those gives.

Oh sure...b:surrender TT80 gold is great, but really expensive. For the average Joe barb, TT80 gold is unnaccessible, and we have to keep in mind that it's only for 10 lvls, as most barbs will prefer TT90... I say 77-79 molds are just fine until lvl90.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    I could get the HH80 gold but I don't want to spend that much on something that I will replace as soon as I hit 90 and that I won't even be able to resell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you were smart you'd be using this 2x event to farm 1-3/2-1/2-2 for your 80 gear.

Or, if you don't anticipate being long in your 80s, farm 90 green gear (2-2/2-3/3-1) and just use legendary **** for your 80s. Personally, I've been farming mats for 80 gold for my barb, which I'll eventually pass down to another HA char of mine like a bm.
  • Bardolph - Harshlands
    Bardolph - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've got:

Tauran Cape (endgame)
    Misties (endgame)
    Equine Talisman (untill Swindler's at 90)
    a Vit+8 MDef belt (untill Demon Slaughter Belt at 86)

I will use Giant Ape Axes, Proud Plate of Corsaire and every other equipment piece (including helmet) TT80 green.
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I went for the 7+ molds, decent gear for cheap money. +3 with mirages and you can easily tank what's needed for tt.90 green gear.

Gold 80 is kinda useless, yes it gives good stats, but the grade isn't that awesome. Expensive and it bounds when equipped, so you can't resell it.
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I went gold legs, mold top, green wrists and helm and the rest reg gear with good bonuses. Seems to have worked for me quite well.

I do switch btwn a random mag def and phy def belt and neck with added vit/hp
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think I spent more time farming my 80 gear than I did using it.

It doesn't make a shet of difference, get the 77+79 molds, a pair of mistys and burn your way to 90. Thats when gear gets fun :D
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I went for the 7+ molds, decent gear for cheap money. +3 with mirages and you can easily tank what's needed for tt.90 green gear.

Gold 80 is kinda useless, yes it gives good stats, but the grade isn't that awesome. Expensive and it bounds when equipped, so you can't resell it.

The 1st paragraph is true, the 2nd is kinda true. TT80 gold is actually a really nice set, but it is definitely best suited to a casual player that will be in their 80's a long time.

For example, I used TT80 gold chest (+5, 4 sock imma cit) until lvl 97. It still adds more HP than my +5 97 molder chest. b:chuckle

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I wore 7x mold chest and pants, TT80 feet and wrists until 90, replaced all w TT90. Handed down 80 gear to guild barb, to be returned to bank when he's done. Refine to at least +3 or better, I put perfect citrines in 7x, immacs in TT90.

TT90 doesnt require decomp like 80's do, sell your 70's for decomps.

Misties as soon ar you can, same for sky demons and tauren cape.

Save yer cash for dragon orbs, and keep running those refines up. Save your mirages for the cube, and run it daily.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The 1st paragraph is true, the 2nd is kinda true. TT80 gold is actually a really nice set, but it is definitely best suited to a casual player that will be in their 80's a long time.

For example, I used TT80 gold chest (+5, 4 sock imma cit) until lvl 97. It still adds more HP than my +5 97 molder chest. b:chuckle

No offense but the mold chest isn't that good. tt.90 is better.
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Great thread thanks guys, I've been looking at this all week trying to decide.

Is gold you are talking about the Fengs Heavy Plate? If I go for that I won't be able to sell it later?

The other chest set talked about was the mold, is that the proud plate of the cosair? I looked at and wrote it off due to the add ons not really being relevant. I think I would prefer to spend some money on a 3* normal set with relevant adds. Am I wrong?

I am a casual player, and will spend ages in the 80's, but by the same token its going to take me ages to prepair if I have loads of work to do.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    No offense but the mold chest isn't that good. tt.90 is better.

No offense but you're a nub, go crunch some numbers before you make dumb claims like that.

Actually, I'll crunch them for you.

GRADE 12 > GRADE 11

• Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Great thread thanks guys, I've been looking at this all week trying to decide.

Is gold you are talking about the Fengs Heavy Plate? If I go for that I won't be able to sell it later?

The other chest set talked about was the mold, is that the proud plate of the cosair? I looked at and wrote it off due to the add ons not really being relevant. I think I would prefer to spend some money on a 3* normal set with relevant adds. Am I wrong?

I am a casual player, and will spend ages in the 80's, but by the same token its going to take me ages to prepair if I have loads of work to do.

If you are casual and will spend a lot of time in your 80's, grab the TT80 gold chest. 8 manes takes maybe a few hours to farm, and Feng's Steel Armor is incredibly common and cheap. Not to mention you can chip it for peanuts now too.

There is very little advantage imo going with the inferior molder 7x plate when they have little to no resale value anyway.

Besides, TT80 gold is like the most pimpin' lookin' **** ever. b:victory

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you are casual and will spend a lot of time in your 80's, grab the TT80 gold chest. 8 manes takes maybe a few hours to farm, and Feng's Steel Armor is incredibly common and cheap. Not to mention you can chip it for peanuts now too.

There is very little advantage imo going with the inferior molder 7x plate when they have little to no resale value anyway.

Besides, TT80 gold is like the most pimpin' lookin' **** ever. b:victory
    There's little excuse to not get the chest and legs. During the event I bought 4 feng steel armors for 300k ea., which is a "steel". I found it hilarious most people were still trying to sell it for 700k-1m.

All horrible puns aside, what's up with heavy armor and the skirt? As it is I don't like any fash on a barb (which is why he runs around nekked), I don't like that skirt look at all. Might as well just color it pink and call it a heavy armor tutu, which is about as **** as those pink feathers on a barb. As for the arms, my barb uses 80 green wristguards. You can't go wrong with either green or gold for that part, but serpent orbs aren't cheap and I used my 2 on the boots.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    There's little excuse to not get the chest and legs. During the event I bought 4 feng steel armors for 300k ea., which is a "steel". I found it hilarious most people were still trying to sell it for 700k-1m.

All horrible puns aside, what's up with heavy armor and the skirt? As it is I don't like any fash on a barb (which is why he runs around nekked), I don't like that skirt look at all. Might as well just color it pink and call it a heavy armor tutu, which is about as **** as those pink feathers on a barb. As for the arms, my barb uses 80 green wristguards. You can't go wrong with either green or gold for that part, but serpent orbs aren't cheap and I used my 2 on the boots.

rofl, true that. the skirt took some getting used to >.>

and I did the exact same, chest+boots gold, green wrists (which imo are a really nice piece of armor as far as 'regular' tt green stuffs go)