What's with the servers

13»

Comments

• Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well its Feb 14th so the problem is obvious.

Everyone has logged on to attend the Valentines and Chinsese New Year events thus causing undue stress to the server.. ............... ... O wait no events ..bugger ( Yes English myself ) for my theory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lookie hereeeeeeeeeee

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=619491

this will explain alot

Solar flares affect the whole world's atmosphere, not individual Internet Service Providers. AFAIK the sun won't be in full activity for a couple years yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hey guys,

We're looking into this right now. For those of you who have experienced unusual disconnects in the past 6 hours, please submit a tech support ticket here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Within the ticket, please state the

Time of disconnect issue:

Location you connect from:

Your ISP:

Whether you connect via Wi-Fi or cable:

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I actually think this hits the nail on the head so to speak.

I am from EU and I got periods of freezing up so bad my Herc dies before I can heal it. I gave up playing. Sad since it is last day of 2x.
    Also I have noticed websites with servers in the USA freeze up today as well.

So to be fair to PWI I do not think this is on their end.

PS: Im not a Barb with a herc but my (alt) is a lvl 69 Veno who wanted to ding 70 today 8(

One of the reasons I'm saying this is that all my friends from Canada disconnected, as well as some people on the North East Coast as well as Europe, but a lot of people from USA and AU didn't have any issues at all. *shrug*
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hey guys,

We're looking into this right now. For those of you who have experienced unusual disconnects in the past 6 hours, please submit a tech support ticket here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Within the ticket, please state the

Time of disconnect issue:

Location you connect from:

Your ISP:

Whether you connect via Wi-Fi or cable:

can i send a ticket with QQ about lags?b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tickets containing QQ will be categorized, labled, and summarily incinerated.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tickets containing QQ will be categorized, labled, and summarily incinerated.

And If I ask for help. How to fight against invisibility of assassin? This is also QQ? I don't think so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Solar flares affect the whole world's atmosphere, not individual Internet Service Providers. AFAIK the sun won't be in full activity for a couple years yet.

There's periods of heavy activity & periods of light activity. There's never periods of no activity. Even when in a light activity period, Solar flares still occur, even large ones, just signifigantly less often.

Also, While they can and do affect the entire world, their impact is strongest at the northern latitudes just south of the magnetic pole, and southern latitudes just north of the magnetic pole. The 'rings' in which the aurouras occur (in fact the aurouras are created by solar winds), as that is where the gaps in the magnetic barriers that surround the planet occurs during solar winds. Since i also read people in canada complaining too as well as northern europe, it seems likely this could be the area affected.

if you had read the article posted in the link you quoted, you'd have read that a rather large solar flare occured a couple of days ago, and it takes a couple days for the ionic winds to reach our planet from a flare, so this very well could be the cause.
  • AbaraiRenji_ - Heavens Tear
    AbaraiRenji_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Erm, she's lagging but not in west arch?
    West Archosaur has run out of lag. D:

Random picture of the day.
    michael-jackson-waving-wearing-glasses_1218632823_crop_320x306.jpg

U HAD to put that skeletorlike face there? b:angry now my yes bleed blood.. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "maybe one day u will make it.. but the day aint today"
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There's periods of heavy activity & periods of light activity. There's never periods of no activity. Even when in a light activity period, Solar flares still occur, even large ones, just signifigantly less often.

Also, While they can and do affect the entire world, their impact is strongest at the northern latitudes just south of the magnetic pole, and southern latitudes just north of the magnetic pole. The 'rings' in which the aurouras occur (in fact the aurouras are created by solar winds), as that is where the gaps in the magnetic barriers that surround the planet occurs during solar winds. Since i also read people in canada complaining too as well as northern europe, it seems likely this could be the area affected.

if you had read the article posted in the link you quoted, you'd have read that a rather large solar flare occured a couple of days ago, and it takes a couple days for the ionic winds to reach our planet from a flare, so this very well could be the cause.

I think aliens started their invasion. They started first shut down PWI servers next one will be all internet on earth.b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AbaraiRenji_ - Heavens Tear
    AbaraiRenji_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    welcome to end of world at 21.12.2012 :) thats what maya ppl and few other have said ages ago ^^ sun kill us mwhhaaa b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "maybe one day u will make it.. but the day aint today"
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I didn't read them because I have read and studied it elsewhere (and from non-USA resources too, so I get less paranoid impressions). I did not state that the sun is in a period of "no activity" and I suggested that the solar flares don't just affect one ISP (in this case, the West Coast of the USA and not the East Coast).

The solar storms affect satellites the most, so services that rely on satellites would be impacted most. These events are hardly a end-of-the-world or mass-electronic failure cause.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The solar storms affect satellites the most, so services that rely on satellites would be impacted most. These events are hardly a end-of-the-world or mass-electronic failure cause.

Noone was paranoid or suggesting end-of-the-world scenarios from this. We're talking lag & mild internet disruptions, some people unable to play their online video games. Not the collapse of society as we know it.
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Has anyone else noticed that a GM has posted something on the WEEKEND? I thought that weekends were their days off or something. I dunno, thought it was kinda interesting.

Does this mean we'll get weekend forum replies now too? =o
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    this would explain why my shop was dced right after i left for work b:sad 10 hours of unused time i could have just powered down my pc instead b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You can check out what could be going on in the world with Internet connections here: http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You can check out what could be going on in the world with Internet connections here: http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html

Bookmarks the page. Thanks.

~S
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Np. I thought it was a pretty sweet site.

It is like looking at the world as an Evil Genius plotting world domination b:chuckle
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    East Coast Server here. Been having this problem ever since the patch. Ping has not been under 1k in quite a while. It's really annoying because I have all this free time and I can't play b:infuriated
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dced 5 times in the matter of 10 mins on lost city Q_Q someone fix this before I rage and throw my computer out the window.b:angry
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Following the problems I had yesterday, I seemed to have stabilised this afternoon until evening when I crashed out again - instead of trying to log in, I amused myself with a DVD until now - still can't log in though, so am going to sleep :).
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dced 5 times in the matter of 10 mins on lost city Q_Q someone fix this before I rage and throw my computer out the window.b:angry

Oh no they not fix it yet. b:surrender
    Please post a video or screen shot of you throwing computer out the window. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
This discussion has been closed.