Depositing cions into the safe.. bugged?

Options
Promivius - Dreamweaver
Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Today I use the "Deposit to Safe" icon from my inventory to drop 1.7mil into my safe. Filled in the amount and pressed Done.
Nothing new here right?

Opened "Safe service" at a banker NPC to check if all went well.

Seems that it did not. The amount of coins I have in my Safe reads zero, nada, a big fat "0". Nothing there in the form of the amount I deposited. Keep in mind all other items are still there and I checked without re-logging, basically right after I did the deposit.

So my question is:
Is there some waiting time between depositing from your inventory to your Safe?

I already did submit a ticket just in case the bug returned (after checking this forum I saw it was reported before).
I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
Post edited by Promivius - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Today I use the "Deposit to Safe" icon from my inventory to drop 1.7mil into my safe. Filled in the amount and pressed Done.
    Nothing new here right?

Seems that it did not. The amount of coins I have in my Safe reads zero, nada, a big fat "0". Nothing there in the form of the amount I deposited. Keep in mind all other items are still there and I checked without re-logging, basically right after I did the deposit.

So my question is:

I already did submit a ticket just in case the bug returned (after checking this forum I saw it was reported before).

No.

Apparently there is some bug in which as you deposit your coins to the Banker, it will sometimes drop them onto the ground, or it just plain eats your coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oooh lovely....

Well I guess I better start killing chickens, do a couple of rain dances etc and hope support is willing to resolve the issue..

(Guess I better redo the 3 months grind again, ugh)

BTW if this IS a KNOWN bug dear GM's, you might want to make a sticky out of it...
    Grumph
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nothing new here right?

So my question is:

You say you "opened safe service" at banker AFTER you transfered the coin?

You should of already had the banker open before you started the transfer and should of seen the coin go into the bank as you did it.

If you did not have the bank open at the time of transfer then coins would of dropped onto the ground.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I did not see any coins on the floor when I did the first transfer..

None

Rechecked the actions like you suggested Jade and yes it did this time.

So if this deposit thing works like that some one was very lucky in getting the cash I earned.. Gratz to you I guess. however it was on Dreamwaver.

(great interface PWI.. pffft)
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oooh lovely....

Well I guess I better start killing chickens, do a couple of rain dances etc and hope support is willing to resolve the issue..

(Guess I better redo the 3 months grind again, ugh)

BTW if this IS a KNOWN bug dear GM's, you might want to make a sticky out of it...
    Grumph
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I did not see any coins on the floor when I did the first transfer..

None

Rechecked the actions like you suggested Jade and yes it did this time.

So if this deposit thing works like that some one was very lucky in getting the cash I earned.. Gratz to you I guess. however it was on Dreamwaver.

(great interface PWI.. pffft)

It works the way it should work, if you have bank open it puts coin into the bank, If your trading with a player it gives the coin to the player, If you have account stash open it puts coin into account stash, If you have nothing open it drops coins to the ground.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It works the way it should work, if you have bank open it puts coin into the bank, If your trading with a player it gives the coin to the player, If you have account stash open it puts coin into account stash, If you have nothing open it drops coins to the ground.

Fine then...

Regrinding this lost back then.
    Too bad the coins deposit thing lack a confirmation/trade option as we get when trading between players.

Something along the line when depositing to safe you get a confirm window with I don't know "xx amount to be transferred to Safe/Account stash" with a Confirm and Cancel button.

When neither is selected you get a box in the form of "Are you sure you want to discard xx amount to floor".

But that's just me..
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Just checked and yes it is strange it dont ask you to confirm coin drop like it does with items
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    When you click the button next to your coins, the window that comes up tells you what it does. When your safe is open, it's labeled "Deposit". When it's not, it's labeled "Drop coins". If you take half a second to actually read, you don't run into any problems.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    True now that you pionted it out I saw it.

My mistake was I assumed it would be oke and negleted to read it thoroughly.
    I have seen this so many times with users in general when I help them out (helpdesk).
    I am no exspetion that much is clear too now.

Hence the confirm option I sugested.

(I am just glad I never purchashed in the form of Zen etc. yet as I would have been doubly p..ed with myself.)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i lost 1.7m in AH fees while buying gold! b:cry
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • BryFoo - Raging Tide
    BryFoo - Raging Tide Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    On the weekend of March 20-21/2010 I withdrew 3 million coins from my Account stash to buy/bid on some Auction Items. I kept what extra coins I had after purchases in my Character Inventory (didn't re-deposit into Account Stash).
    I went back to my Account Stash on March 24th to pull out more coins and to my b:shocked surpriseb:shocked my Account Stash was completely EMPTY! b:angry I know I had at least 15 million coins in there when I last looked and maybe even as much as 18 million but I don't recall how much I had before I withdrew the 3 million coins on the weekend. I would have payed more attention if I knew this was an issue and most likely wouldn't even use the Account Stash if I was aware that I could lose all my coins. I've submitted multiple tickets regarding this and it's now to the point where I feel like I'm being "blown off" by PWI. b:sad
    I'm not going to say how much I've spent in REAL MONEY on this game but it is substantial to say the least.
    Since I noticed this on the day following a server update, I'm wondering if that could be the problem. I KNOW I didn't drop the coins on the ground and also KNOW that I didn't withdraw any more coins than the original 3M.
    Take this grumpy rant as a warning of sorts to keep a close eye on your Account Stash and don't take it for granted that anyone from the PWI upper class is going to give a **** about it.
    After this weekend, my character and REAL money will be gone from PWI if my coins are not returned.
    1M coins = $5 for Perfect Hammer + cost of Chest of Coins x 15(minimum)= $75 REAL $$
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1M coins = $5 for Perfect Hammer + cost of Chest of Coins x 15(minimum)= $75 REAL $$

er.....if i may....

you do know that the chest of coins uses one hammer per chest so that's $5 for 1million.....meanwhile gold sells for 300-400k coins.....

just saying
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • BryFoo - Raging Tide
    BryFoo - Raging Tide Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah.....I understand that. I was just pointing out my loss of REAL $ when it came to opening Chest of Coins with Perfect Hammers. I wasn't aware of Gold Trading at the time I was doing this. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]